Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a small world - six or less degrees of separation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a small world - six or less degrees of separation...

I've always loved these stories.... I have a bunch ...but the one i love the most is this: My mom's from Minnesota, but for some strange reason went to school at Gonzaga (in Spokane Washington) before moving to DC etc etc. Fast forward *bleep* years later and here i am, dating this guy (who becomes my boyfriend) who it turns out is from Spokane. We looked at my mom's yearbooks and found like half of his friends' parents in her class. His friends would come over and laugh at their parent's pictures, totally confused as to why i had those yearbooks when i'm from LA. Anyhow, i just like that.

So tell me your stories if you have them! (Primetime, i know you do!)

- Ohhh, and i almost forgot, when my boyfriend and I met we also realized we'd gone the same college (out in LA) but at different times - and knew some of the same people.
    Last edited by orang/blu in LA; 07-19-2004, 07:17 PM.
    Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

I don't know if this counts or not: I went to basic training in 1982 in San Diego. One of the individuals in my platoon washed out never to be seen again (I assumed). I completed bootcamp and went to Comm Ctr Operater's Course (C-COC for short). It was a self paced course on computers. We were the test group. It had been a "lock-step" class with a live instructor and everyone that started on Day 1 were classmates to the end. I found out they were sending all new graduates to Okinawa, Japan when I was getting near graduation, so I slowed wwwwaaaaayyyyy down to get an east coast assignment. (I'm from FL.) They moved us out of the WWII era barracks to the other side of the base. This was MCGACC Twentynine Palms, CA for those curious. Guess who's in there? This dude that had vanished from my platoon! He's being sent thru the school I was about to graduate. They had recycled him in boot camp, making him start all over. Anyway, we became buddies. About a month later, I had finished school and was getting ready to report to MCAS Cherry Pt, NC. My friend asked me to sell him my Walkman promising to send me the money to my home address. It never showed up. Three years later, I was reporting to work and guess who turned up like a bad penny? Charged a lot of interest on the 3 yr loan of the Walkman too.
    Last edited by hugelynchfan; 07-20-2004, 12:31 AM.

Comment

So here I am wondering who is someone really famous that I have six degrees of seperation with and guess what, I GOT IT! The guy I buy anhydrous ammonia from was in jail with a guy named Mudflap. Well Mudflap was a dealer who did his time in California before being sent to Lexington here in Oklahoma. While Mudflap was in California he worked as a bouncer for Snow during the Wipe Your Upper Lip tour. Mudflap's boss was the former security head for Bea Arthur before taking on a job with Cher. And here is the big one! Cher was in the movie "Mask" with Rocky Dennis! Man it's amazing that there is just six degrees of seperation between he and I. If only we could have traded Steve Garvey cards.

Cody J. Esquire
      "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
      "These people need me." Zack Morris
      "Yes, [Vick] has a cannon. But he's also accurate." Zack Morris
      "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
      "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
      "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
      "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
      "Charlie Joiner was not that good." Zack Morris
      "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
      "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris
      "Neener neener!" Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

Re: It's a small world - six or less degrees of separation...

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
        I've always loved these stories.... I have a bunch ...but the one i love the most is this: My mom's from Minnesota, but for some strange reason went to school at Gonzaga (in Spokane Washington) before moving to DC etc etc. Fast forward *bleep* years later and here i am, dating this guy (who becomes my boyfriend) who it turns out is from Spokane. We looked at my mom's yearbooks and found like half of his friends' parents in her class. His friends would come over and laugh at their parent's pictures, totally confused as to why i had those yearbooks when i'm from LA. Anyhow, i just like that.

So tell me your stories if you have them! (Primetime, i know you do!)

- Ohhh, and i almost forgot, when my boyfriend and I met we also realized we'd gone the same college (out in LA) but at different times - and knew some of the same people.
        Well... Nice story OBLA ! These are mine :
        I was sometimes talking my wife about a guy that was with me in school and she was talking me about a guy she worked with... ANd guess what... That was the same guy... we didn't know that we have a friend in common... funny ?

One of out witness when we married is a friend of one of my co-worker... I work with him for about 3 years and we realize that only some months ago....
        Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Working...
        X