Star Wars Galaxies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Galaxies

I saw this free trial and I'm definitely going to give it a shot. I thought I'd post it here for anybody else who has been wanting to experience Star Wars on the MMORPG scale.

Star Wars Galaxies - free 14 day trial

(FYI, MMORPG = massively mutliplayer online roleplaying game)
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Sounds really cool.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Comment

Is the space expansion out yet? I was going to astart this game when it was new, so i could afford a space ship as soon as they came out. I just never got around to getting into another online game tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Creeping Death
        Yeah, I have it. It totally rocks!!!
        Really? I heard there was a bunch of glitches in it.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm more interested in star wars battlefront 16 people online . Being storm troopers or rebels or what have you and vehicles included.
          Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
            Really? I heard there was a bunch of glitches in it.
            Don't those things always have glitches when they come out? I don't know if they rush them out just to start making money on them too soon or if they really can't find all the glitches until thousands of people are playing it. Either way, expansions never ever seem to go smoothly.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

SWG was hyped up to be the next "Everquest" when it was in development.

Beta went horribly ( as Jav eluded to, new games and especially beta versions are supposed to suck ). This being said... when the game goes "gold", it should be relatively free of bugs.

Unfortunately, I think they were in such a rush to deliver a product that they didn't allow for enough testing during the beta. Traditionally, a new game goes through a series of betas.

The first beta is normally by invite only and has players with MMPORPG experience. They test for a couple months and give opinions on the interface, gameplay, bugs ect... via a msg board.

Beta2 normally is set up to allow a set number of players ( normally to the tune of 200-800. These are the ones you see that say "sign up for beta here". The dev team randomly chooses the people to be included. More testing is conducted over the course of a couple months.

Finally Beta3 is the "pre-gold" version. This is where they allow for "open sign up". The purpose is to intentionally stress the servers and game architecture. In essence they want to see how many people they can have on the server at one time before it goes "boom". This is normally a month long and works to clean up whatever wrinkles they have with the game prior to going gold.

I believe SWG followed the traditional model of Beta, however, they didn't do it for a long enough period of time. Thus... when the game was released, it sucked. It's been in development & released for nearly two years now and should be relatively bug free.

I may take a look at it to see how it turned out... but from what I'm hearing on other sites... it still sucks. You cannot have too much ( beta ) testing when you will be asking players to pay a monthly subscription fee. Apparently they didn't follow this simple rule to MMPORPGs.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
              ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Working...
              X