Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny View Post
    What's wrong with you people?

Have I taught you NOTHING? Nothing at ALL?

It's a cover people.....

She's been pleasuring smurfs....

You know....

Giving away a happy ending?

Yeah....not so funny now, is it?

Yeah, that's what I thought...
    Hey! Smurfs play a very important role in my life, and keeping me happy.

I love Smurfs. I can't even tell you how much I WISH that had been what I was doing.

The world may never know
    sigpic

Comment

For those of you who are still laughing at me, and have managed to read this far in this thread without getting bored to tears... I thought I'd bring you an educational post.

This is the Wiki article about the 'Mall' that we went to yesterday (Bold and emphasis added by Yours Truly). I'm wishing my 'date' had done a LITTLE bit more internet research before he picked the place. This was the 2nd hit I got when I typed "Landover Mall" into Google. How hard is that?

My Date Hotspot
      Originally posted by Wikipedia
      Landover Mall, built and owned by Lerner Enterprises, is a defunct shopping mall in Landover, Maryland. When it opened in 1972, it was one of the largest in the region, but its popularity declined until its closure in 2002.

In its prime, the Landover had three local department store anchors: Hecht's, Garfinckel's, Woodward & Lothrop (Woodies), and one national chain, Sears. There was a six-screen theater in the basement which had its own escalators, but it closed in 1991, the year that Landover began its rapid decline. In 1990, Garfinckel's filed for bankruptcy and went out of business. The former Garfinckel's anchor store was never replaced. Five years later (1995), Woodies went out of business.

In 1998, JCPenney moved into the former Woodies location but found business unprofitable and closed that location three years later. In early 2002, Hecht's relocated to a new store at Bowie Town Center in nearby Bowie, Maryland. At that point Lerner decided to close the mall entirely. Sears owns its Landover location, which is still open despite also having a store at Bowie Town Center. Most of the mall's doors were sealed shut with cinder blocks. As of 2007, Sears is still open with its mall entrance sealed shut.

Many believe that the closure was due to crime in the surrounding neighborhoods of Ardmore, Glenarden, Brightseat, Palmer Park, Dodge Park, Capitol Heights, and Kentland. As of January 2007, Landover Mall has been demolished. The Sears store remains open, but Sears is planning on relocating to a new shopping center on Ritchie Road near Capitol Heights.[1]

Demolition began in 2006, and was completed in early 2007. Plans were for the building's concrete to be recycled. The Sears store and outparcel Sears Auto Center remain and, on the other side of the mall across from where the former Hecht's was is now a local automotive place which was at once, "Just Tires". The area of the former mall and most of it's parking lot is now fenced off. Landover Mall's sign is covered with a tarp, and the message board reads "Sears - Sears Open Daily and Sunday 10:00 - 9:30pm". The only reference to Landover Mall is an exit sign with the Original Mall logo (made to simulate the Interstate 495/ Landover Road cloverleaf).

Gee Whiz, people, this was romantic.

A bit of advice: If you're going out on a blind date (or any date, for that matter), and you don't know the place you're going too well, check it out a little bit beforehand! I mean, I know they say that Wiki can be unreliable, but SOME of that stuff could have been a tip-off
      Last edited by redbirdy80; 12-31-2007, 07:25 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Aaaahhhh - nothing says romance like a borded up mall in a "high crime neighborhood"

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco View Post
          Aaaahhhh - nothing says romance like a borded up mall in a "high crime neighborhood"
          Seriously! And with my brand new car with a Broncos decal on the back... I wasn't too thrilled about leaving it in that neighborhood, especially when 95% of the people I saw were wearing Skins jerseys... I thought my poor car was in for it...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
            Well, she went on to tell a story...

I don't think my employees realise how little I pay attention when I'm on here. lol.

In one ear, and out the other...

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco View Post

yes, can't you hear the sirens wailing..... nothing like that to put one in the mood for love!!!

Comment

Originally posted by redbirdy80 View Post
                Seriously! And with my brand new car with a Broncos decal on the back... I wasn't too thrilled about leaving it in that neighborhood, especially when 95% of the people I saw were wearing Skins jerseys... I thought my poor car was in for it...

I hope you realize that since you had a bad blind date, and we won, you're going to have to have SIXTEEN bad blind dates w/blu hands next season!!!!

sorry!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                  I hope you realize that since you had a bad blind date, and we won, you're going to have to have SIXTEEN bad blind dates w/blu hands next season!!!!

sorry!!!
                  HAHAHAHA!!!

Hey, if that's what it takes, I'm happy to do it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by redbirdy80 View Post
                    HAHAHAHA!!!

Hey, if that's what it takes, I'm happy to do it.

Taking one for the team!!

That's what I like to hear!!!!

Sorry it didn't go better

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                      Taking one for the team!!

That's what I like to hear!!!!

Sorry it didn't go better
                      Hey, I'm all about the team!

It's ok, I'm not really that worked up about it, but it made a funny story.
                      sigpic

Comment

If you're okay with it then we are too!!! :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                        X