X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perry1977 's complaints answered

from

http://www.denverbroncos.com/forums/...threadid=13407

Okay, here is my list of things that I detest about Madden 2004. There are more that I will undoubtedly forget to post, but i will update it. I should have been making a list for a long time, but i am just going to wing it now.

Anyways, without further adieu, and in no particular order, here are my complaints about Madden 2004.

Ok this is MAdden101, I will answer all these complaints
    * = my answer

1. There is no realistic physics code in this game. There are simply animations tagged onto a sprite that moves in the X,Y plane to a predetermined set of equations. This is why you see players that can turn in mid air (no foot on the ground but they still can pivot).

*To hard to put in a heavy loaded game, try MAdden 2020!

2. There really is no "Artificial Intelligence" in this game. This is two fold.

a) Firstly, the players make up for the lack of intelligence by moving in superhuman ways (again, lack of physics code) to make a play. Players don't even have to be looking at the ball to make a play on it. They can be running and looking straight ahead, and somehow still manage to turn at the proper time to catch/intercept/knockdown the pass. This also includes superhuman bursts of speed.

b) Secondly, the plays on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball don't make very much sense. Sometimes they do, but there are many situations where the computer completely picks the wrong type of formation.

*There is AI in the game. During PLay-action fakes D-Linemen that are known for being defensivley unaware will fopllow the RB, then turn and chase the QB. Smarter known D-Line men like Jason Taylor won't be faked that easliy and will go after the QB despite the fake, becuse the have a better AI, and in real life that is what they would probably do.

3. It doesn't take into account where the quarterback is looking. If he is looking to the right of the field, and a reciever is open to the left, it will throw it there anyways.

*Well A QB will throw off balace, and the pass would seem like a lob. Good QB's can pull this off if the accuracy is good. Greise would get the bal INT'ed, vick wouldnt becuase vick's AI, and his true abilites are able to complete a cross filed pass. Good recivers would help. Rod Smiths Offensive awarness would help him catch the pass, oppose to Deltha Oneal who who's offense would allow him to lay back and not cater to a poorley thrown pass. (True possibilites) aka AI.

4. The pass lob feature doesn't work for crap. Again, due to non existant AI. If a receiver is open a good ways behind a defender, and you try to lob it to him, the quarterback wont throw the proper lob and it will just be jumped on and intercepted. This is an easy play that any NFL quarterback could make.

*It depends on the reciever, but more importantly the QB. A QB's accuracy depends alot on this. If a Bad QB throws a lob it will get INT'ed by a smart LB/DB. However QB's like BRady can make this pass cuz his accuracy is high.

5. Kickers are too slow. I mean really, these guys can run about half the speed of lineman. What in the hell is the reasoning for that? It's like they are walking. Hey, EA, kickers are weak, but they arent slower than 350 lb linemen. Morons.

*This is true. THe kickers are extreamly slow, however they are notorious for being poor tackelers, and being blocked easily. The slower they are the more easier it is to block which would be realistic. You don't want a duante hall type kicker who will knowck you down with tremendous speed, not even Vanderjack can do that.

6. The Broncos were the 1997 and 1998 world champions, not 1998 and 1999, like it says on the wall of Mile High. yes, i know the superbowls were in those years, but it is still lame.

*Those little banners in stadiums are made behind the real invesco field. They are graphed piece by piece. The stadiums are one of the most realistic parts of the game.

7. None of the 'historical' teams are even worth playing. the numbers are wrong, the faces are wrong, and have you noticed that every punt the team gets is fumbled because they forgot to give anyone kick return skills?

*The game would be too bloated, the records are to hard to find, and pictures would be close to im,possible to get. When you play w/ historic teams, your playing with guys who played just like that historic team did. Not the historic players them self. That would be to much for limited space. Also they need copyright permission to allow players/and old teams to be exact. (Like NCCA Football).

8. Mile high is never, ever half full. Get real!! lol!

*Well it depends on the game. If it is a preseason exibition game the chances are , it will be empty/ half fool. If it is a playoff game, guarentte it is full. BTW if you are getting blown out, the fans will leave, and the staduim will appear less full by the quarter.

9. You need to be able to change players positions. Make Deltha a WR, etc. It's malarkey!

*You can, however they wont be as polished at the position as you would like. Deltha can catch the open pass, but not one in traffic which would only allow skilled recivers to catch. It has good AI becuase a good strong LB can never be a fullback/RB, he'll fumble. PS. You can put Warren Sapp at TE, but goodluck catching if he isnt WIIIIIDDDDEEE E open. Very realistic with this becuase man people are cheap. Like putting a reciever at TE. If so the reciver will get beat every single time in blocking situations which is exact.

10. Have you ever, ever seen a blocked kick? Rarely, if ever, happens on Madden, unless you do some goofy cultist punt block formation or something agaisnt field goals, then it happens every time. Why? Oh yeah, no AI.

*Bocked kicks goes with special team rattings. However there are ways to get blocked kicks with cheap player movement. That is going to be changed in Madden 2005. The Blockers AI will increase. goodpoint!

11. Do crowds always stand up and cheer like madmen through the whole game when their team is losing by 40 points? =p

*The crowd has improved dramtically every year. So this year will be no differnt. from crowds that did not move to moveing crowds, I believe this year will be a mixture, especially with a new create a fan mode. More enphasis will be in the crowd.

12. The kicking on All Madden level is a joke. Too bad you have to have a kicker on the roster.

*The kicking is extreamly hard. This is why you it on ALl MAdden. If you cant play the wind and press the button at the rite time play all-pro.

13. This is one of the most annoying things ever about this game. it ties directly into the Physics and AI aspects. How many times has your tackle just watched as a Defensive end runs right around him and kills the quarterback? Oh, look, the linemen's feet don't move as they pivot, either. hmm.

*Well this goes with the O-Linemen ability to block. If the D End is good he will beaat the O linemen alot, like in the NFL. Javeon Kearse against a no name. JK will kill him. You need to put a back/ or double team the end to make him a non factort. (Something you can do in MAdden 2005) Defense rules, but blocking schemes have the ability to shut down a player. (smarts )

14. Other teams always draft flawlessly, and there are NO WR's, quarterbacks, HBs or CB's left after about the 3rd round of the draft. There always seems to be an abundance of Safeties, though. Anyone need a safety?

*Safety is not an urgent postion to get. QB's, RB's, and Corners are. It is common sense. Alot of saftey's were once corners becuase of there ability. si if you get two good corners in early rounds and no saftey, theres a chance once can be your saftey.

15. You should be able to make a challenge seeing the replay or not. It should jsut have a time limit to do it like in real games. Coaching staffs have immediate access to replays before they make the call to throw in the red towel.

*That defeat the purpose, It is a risk to challenge. Real coaches do see the reaplay, however they are not supposed too, big screens allow them to. Mabey a timelimit can be useful, but not in this years. check in the future.

16. It doesn't matter what the replay shows, anyways, especially with the out of bounds. It is wrong 50% of the time.

*Those are the minor tweaks MAdden 2005 has fixed. Calls will be more obvious and clear to view on replays.

17. The crowd is never loud when it should be, when the home team is on defense. Did I mention how stupid it was for mile high to be empty?

*Explained this already

18. Players laying on their backs don't make tackles on RB's going full speed over them.

*Well if you dont jump over them and run un top of them the chances are you will trip. It isnt the players on the floor takeling, it is your running back tripping. Press tringle and youll jump over him no problem keeping your full speed.

19. The only time you are considered a good 'owner' is when you win almsot every game you play. Kind of defeats the purpose of the owner mode, doesn't it?

*Well owners dont get praised for lossing efforts do they? Owner mode allows you to try to make a winning franchise and win almost every game. Once you do this you are a good owner, just like in real life.

20. They don't serve Rocky Mountain Oysters at Mile High.

*Thats why you could make it an addition, becuase its no there yet. If im correct that was an offseason addition you could add. If it wasnt, then it is just a food product to invvest money. Each staduim has a food uniqe towards there city. Cant blame the game for being creative, can you?
    Last edited by Madden101; 07-22-2004, 10:44 AM.

Madden NFL 2005 ~ August 12th - Let the hospitalizing begin

Comment

Continuation

21. Rookies skills dont stop or degrade if they don't see a lot of playing time their first year.

*Well experience makes you better, no experience, little chance of improvement. sorry.

22. Hmmm, the pro bowl team is using my entire Offensive Line....

*You have a good O-Line, you think Portis's little frame can pull off all those yards be himself?

23. "4th and short at the 3 inch line. Broncos are down by 6, 1 second left in SuperBowl 42. The Defense is stacked up on the line of scrimmage. Here is the handoff, Bell takes it and dives! Right into the butt cheeks of the center! Broncos lose the Superbowl! I wonder why he didn't just try and dive over the pile so that he could score, John?"
      "Well that's the thing. Running backs are taught to jump right at the ground on short and goal situations. And that time, he did just what he was taught to do!"

*That is something that can be improved. You where looking for a super jump over the O & D line, instead you got a dive, which was the button you pressed. No mistake , just something that can be improved.

24. I don't want my player to run out from under a punt if its behind the 10 yard line. See, that's what the controller does. If I want the returner to move and let it go, I just push this thing and...he moves!

*Well That is a good thing. It is realistic, I don't think you want to get you punt returner snaged on the 10 when you could have avoided the hit and started at the 20. (Unless you plaing the broncos and you name is Duante) It is common sense, and like you said if your risky, press the button, take controll of hima nd go for the return starting at his 1yrd line.

25. Whoa, my tight end let that ball bounce off his chest in his buttonhook animation! Must be because that animation had to stop to allow the catch animation to start. Lame!

*Depends on the TE's ability to catch. The timing of the pass is vital as well, and un expected pass early in the route is not going to be cuaght very often.

26. Okay, so I can make my own plays, which is good, but I can't set my custom plays to audibles.

*A quick fix in Madden 2005!

27. no online franchise.

*Do you need one? PLay online to play games and keep your rank, leave the season for ofline enjoyment.

28. You can't be on the same team with your friend against the computer, you have to play head to head when you link up.

*Qucik fix in MAdden 2005!

29. Receivers never seem to be hit in stride, even on deep balls. they ALWAYS slow down when they catch them.

*Depends on QB accuracy, and throw power. Dante Cuallpeper hits Rany MOss on strides alot. He over throughs it and Rany out runs the CB to get the ball and score. It happens very often, unfortunalty for weak defenses.

30. Players can go out of bounds and then come back in to catch a pass.

*Only if they where push out of bounds, very rare for that to happen during a gamee. Special grids don't allow it in the game. Don't know where you saw that.

31. Can't audible coverages.

*Madden 2005 is based on Defense, quick Fix

32. Player made defensive plays dont work when you put a certain player in man on man with a certain receiver.

*Defense is the name of the game in 2005, you can assign every defensive player a role. should fix your problem.

33. Can't watch saved replays. This is PC only. When you try and load a replay, the game crashes. Every time.

*Sorry bud, you need to get a Ps2/or Xbox. The game is made for those systems not mainly for PC. Also in your case it depends on the computer you have.

34. The offseason roster sucks. You need to be able to load up with players and then cut down to the max level before the season starts. Like in real life, you know?

*MAdden 2005 has more realistic roasters so cuts can be made.

35. The worst teams in the league will trade you straight up round 1 pick for round 1 pick before the season starts, lol!

*The teams work strategicly. THos pick trads migt have been for something bigger.

36. The blocking in this game is soooo fake. See no physics.

*Explained already

37. Players being blocked backwards will still tackle you if you touch them.

*No it will hurt your balance depending on the back, and it will make you vunarable to another hit.

38. Peyton Manning isn't really calling audibles, its just an animation. No other quarterback ever calls an audible for real in the game. Oh yeah, there's no AI.

*He does call out an insane number of yelss tha are made to confuse the defense. He does so in the game, its your judgement whether to get confussed or not.

39. There is no point to calling hikes in this game. If you are trying to draw the defense offsides, you stand a greater chance of false starting. The line should know what you are doing, and know not to jump when you are trying to do it.

*It happens in real life. Not always does the defense get faked, sometime it's your Offense. Dan Niel loves this! It is a risk to continnually hike the ball, so it is you desicion whether to risk it or just to play it.

40. Quarterbacks should have 'barking' skill. Remember how good John Elway was at drawing defenses offsides?

*Payton is good, this skill may be for ruture games but no this years. There hasnt been much enphasisi on this at all.

41. Does anyone even know if the coaching skills really make your team play better?

*They do. In the game you are like the coach making smart decisions, however a well coached team has to do with the players offensive and defenesive abilites. Good coaches make good players.

42. Put the damned in game updates at the top of the screen, for the love of God!!!!

*The bootom is more attractive then the top. ALways has been always will be.

43. Don't make the updates disappear when i am adjusting my defense. Make a certain button do that instead.

MAdden 2005 is set up differntly in this aspect, no more crying of updates.

44. Superhuman speed bursts making defenders get ahead of receivers and disrupting their routes.

Only smart defensive players have this. Smarter offensive players will almost over rule this. (Randy Moss)

45. John Madden gets pretty old as a commentator on a game, rofl.

*He is smart and knows what he's talking about, why get mad if you have the best football broadcaster in the business in a game. ( In his Game!)

46. Show a rookie's stats before you sign him. Real rookies get to show their stuff before they are signed.

*Something to improve in future games. good point!

47. Receivers, on cross or out routes, come back for the ball to make the catch, instead of letting the ball come to them. This sends them running in the completely wrong direction and is nearly impossible to recover from.

*Depends on the throw. Good throws lead recivers, bad ones make recivers come back/get out of there route.

48. We need to be able to assign numbers.

*Why? The game will lose it's realistic feel.

49. There needs to be a way to see your wideouts on the screen. Even in widescreen it doesnt show them.

*You can ge a higher view that shows the whole field. Bad for running though, you wont catch you every hole off of blockings.

50. Some players don't dance when they score.

*Not every player is ****y. LT doesnt dance.

Comment

Perry1977 wrote

Perry1977 wrote...

Okay, that is enough for now, rofl!!

I guess the biggest thing that needs to be changed with Madden is the physics, and everything else will fall into place. Make the models actually perform based on leverage, strength, foot contact with the field, each other, weight, etc. This would make a world of difference in the game. They need to be models of humans to really truly move like humans.
        Right now it's a bunch of variables thrown together with die-rolled results

*The game is the best it can be for today's tecnology. In years to come your advice willb e taken into consideration, untill then, this is the king of NFL gaming. Don't be mezmerized at the 19.99$ of NFL 2k5. Madden is worth the wait, and all of the 60.00$ it is to purchase (Special edition). Gamers MAdden is number one, now to play you gotta be smart, its not a give me. its a challenge.

Tip: Gamers MAdden is the better game this year since the game is based on defense. THe Broncos defense is rated high, and it will be hard to score if you know what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Madden101
          Well NFL2k5 has come out with amazing features this year. Some are a VIP system where you can keep a record of all your stats, and you can save a replay of the game/ plays on your memory card. It will depict your game, and if your friend take the memory card home and installs it in his Ps2, his computer opponent will play just like you do, with your style.

You can win various things, and play mini games in your own personal "crib"

The Game play has improved, and you can have the same on field look, like they had last year through the helmet. Also Many have clearly said 2k5 has clearly blown out Madden in a graphics prespective. 2k5 Graphics are breath taking, and there sideline/ celebrations acts are cool!

The best part about 2k5 is that it is only $19.99, this in an attempt to sway back any Sega fans that favored towards MAdden. This will get there fan base high once again, however..EA's Madden 2005 has a better game all around.
          A die-hard Madden fan finally gives ESPN a compliment. THANX MAN!
          sigpic

Comment

Re: Perry1977 wrote

Originally posted by Madden101
            Perry1977 wrote...

Okay, that is enough for now, rofl!!

I guess the biggest thing that needs to be changed with Madden is the physics, and everything else will fall into place. Make the models actually perform based on leverage, strength, foot contact with the field, each other, weight, etc. This would make a world of difference in the game. They need to be models of humans to really truly move like humans.
            Right now it's a bunch of variables thrown together with die-rolled results

*The game is the best it can be for today's tecnology. In years to come your advice willb e taken into consideration, untill then, this is the king of NFL gaming. Don't be mezmerized at the 19.99$ of NFL 2k5. Madden is worth the wait, and all of the 60.00$ it is to purchase (Special edition). Gamers MAdden is number one, now to play you gotta be smart, its not a give me. its a challenge.

Tip: Gamers MAdden is the better game this year since the game is based on defense. THe Broncos defense is rated high, and it will be hard to score if you know what you are doing.
            there needs to be more comraderie and outside the game stuff in madden, like tailgating, halftime shows, etc, not just a talk radio station. Madden gets old all you do is play games win championships, no practice. By the way did they finally put some emphasis on trhe SuperBowl? They were so boring it was ridiculous.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Re: Perry1977 wrote

Originally posted by Return of Lava
              there needs to be more comraderie and outside the game stuff, like tailgating, halftime shows, etc, not just a talk radio station.
              ESPN HAS IT ALL MAN! I LOVE IT! Yes Madden is still a bit better, ESPN will be the game to get next year!
              sigpic

Comment

I was a madden die hard, getting titles 2000-2004, but this year espn stole me away, it may not be a smooth gameplay just yet, bu the post game interviews, halftime show, chris erman models, ROOKIE FACES (a BIG need in madden) and tailgaters etc, espn has the basis to be a ultimate experience. ESPN also needs to do more research on team by team, broncos arent very good in the game
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

The Bottom Line

EA is aware of alot of upcoming competition traffic. This is exciting for all video game fans that are looking for the best game. If Madden Losses it's touch, I will be the first to say so. NFL 2k5 is honestly putting on a show, and alot earlier/ and cheaper then Madden. Price scales will be intreasting in totals. 3 2k5 games will equal to one Madden special edition. I wonder who does better in sales. For you new player, I suggest you rent 2k5 first, and then rent Madden during the middle of August. Then MAke your decision based on your personal caterings. Untill then this debate can go on for days. Madden has its fans(me) and 2k5 has its fans/new fans.

P.S. Congrats on ESPN 2k5. I PLayed it, the graphics are stunning, I felt as if I where watching a real game. However I am stubournly used to Madden's gameplay, so I will be purchasing the special edition on August 10th.

P.s.s. I already got $25.00 down payment, I wish it was just $20.00..lol

Comment

Working...
                  X