Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FDA says cloned animal meat is ok to eat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FDA says cloned animal meat is ok to eat

    A long-awaited final report from the Food and Drug Administration concludes that foods from healthy cloned animals and their offspring are as safe as those from ordinary animals, effectively removing the last U.S. regulatory barrier to the marketing of meat and milk from cloned cattle, pigs and goats.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22663416...5773?GT1=10815
    25
    Yes
    76.00%
    19
    No
    24.00%
    6

  • #2
    Sweet. Bring on the steak.

    Comment


    • #3
      No way would I eat cloned animal meat, unless I had no idea it was cloned. I'm not a fan of cloning in general.

      Comment


      • #4
        I would eat a person as long as it didn't look like them and tasted good.

        So yea, this doesn't bug me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG View Post
          No way would I eat cloned animal meat, unless I had no idea it was cloned. I'm not a fan of cloning in general.
          I don't want to have a P&R style fight, but I'm curious to know: why?

          Clones are simply a genetic copy of the original animal. Not creepy.


          RIP D-Will and Nash

          Comment


          • #6
            Do cloned people have souls?
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              absolutely id eat em

              if they could clone em premarinated that would save a bunch of time too
              sigpic

              sig by B4B6..

              Comment


              • #8
                I can't imagine why cloned meat WOULDN'T be safe to eat.

                It's still meat, right? The exact same muscle tissue that naturally born cattle have?

                Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jared View Post
                  I can't imagine why cloned meat WOULDN'T be safe to eat.

                  It's still meat, right? The exact same muscle tissue that naturally born cattle have?
                  THats how I see it..... I'd be glad to eat it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jared View Post
                    I can't imagine why cloned meat WOULDN'T be safe to eat.

                    It's still meat, right? The exact same muscle tissue that naturally born cattle have?
                    and if you had a REALLY REALLY good tasting one.. you could reproduce that SAME one time and time again....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                      and if you had a REALLY REALLY good tasting one.. you could reproduce that SAME one time and time again....
                      Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


                      Where's my red wine and baked potato?

                      Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                      The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        and if you had a REALLY REALLY good tasting one.. you could reproduce that SAME one time and time again....
                        Exactly the point of cloning livestock.

                        For the record, for every cloned animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.
                        HEAR ME ROAR!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                          Exactly the point of cloning livestock.

                          For the record, for every cloned animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.
                          Be careful of the seven deadly sins....you don't want to end up all Brad Pitt.


                          "What's in the bbbbbbbooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!????????????"

                          Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

                          The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jared View Post
                            Be careful of the seven deadly sins....you don't want to end up all Brad Pitt.


                            "What's in the bbbbbbbooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!????????????"
                            Just promise not to kick me after I've eaten my spaghetti.
                            HEAR ME ROAR!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Why stop at cloning animals for food purposes?

                              How 'bout these two?







                              Seriously, I would eat cloned meat. it might be the only way to feed us carnivores in a few years.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X