Owey.... I dislocated my elbow..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owey.... I dislocated my elbow..

I play in a rec league basketball tournament every winter at around this time of the year, and yesterday was our first actual game of the season.

It felt good to get out there and play another actual full court game... I miss it from my days playing varsity basketball in High School.

Anyways, to make a long story short about the game.. the problem happened like this:

We were on defense when the accident happened, and a player on the opposing team shot it and missed (Luckily, he had an ugly shot) and I went up for the rebound, (I was to the left side of the rim), some fool friggin pushes me over.

And remember, I'm not the heaviest of buffest guy in the world, so I flew back and landed very badly on the elbow that I broke when I was entering junior year in High School.

I'm currently in another wonderful sling, and on the bright side I had an x-ray taken and nothing is broke.

So I guess that's a good thing.

It took me a long friggin time to type this, so don't expect a reply anytime soon!

Yikes that sounds painfull. I'm glad to hear that nothing was broken..

When my daughter was little.. her elbow used to dislocate every now and then.. we rushed her to the hospital like 3 times.... and finally a Dr. told us that it is very common with young children because thier joints are not fully developed yet. He taught us a trick to pop it back in ourselves.

It was pretty painfull for her when it happened.. but once it was fixed she was good to go.

Hope you feel better

Comment

Dang that sucks. Sorry to hear of the injury. They suck and I've had my share.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=96844

When I was a Sophmore in HS I hyperextended my elbow and never really let it heal right, a few years later I reinjured it and never had it looked at and since that day I havn't been able to extend it fully or bend it in all the way.....take care of your injuries kiddies!!!!

Hope it's a quick recovery there B4B6!!

PEACE!!!

Comment

Hope it heals quickly for you.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

*Yells at B4Bronco in drill instructor voice ahh you gonna cry little girl Dont be such a wuss shake it off son.*

j/k man I know much broken arms or dislocated elbows can suck because I have broken my left arm nine times I hope it heals fast.
          sigpic
          Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Who gives a rats ass about your elbow.....It's your thumbs we're worried about!!! Are THEY ok?

Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Hope it's better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
                Who gives a rats ass about your elbow.....It's your thumbs we're worried about!!! Are THEY ok?

LMAO!

Gotta keep those thumbs healthy!

----------------------------------------

I'm out of my sling now so I'm pretty good now. It's just sore as hell.

The doctor told me that since this was my surgically repaired elbow, that I'm more likely to have this happen to me, and it will happen again because of how my elbow is just not as "strict" as your elbow. He actually taught me a cool way of "popping" it back in, so I'm all set for it to happen again!

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post

LMAO!

Gotta keep those thumbs healthy!

----------------------------------------

I'm out of my sling now so I'm pretty good now. It's just sore as hell.

The doctor told me that since this was my surgically repaired elbow, that I'm more likely to have this happen to me, and it will happen again because of how my elbow is just not as "strict" as your elbow. He actually taught me a cool way of "popping" it back in, so I'm all set for it to happen again!

Turn your wrist in towards your body and bend your elbow?

Is that it?.. Thats what I was taught.

Comment

That's unfortunate bud! Hope it heals fast! You should have copied Mel Gibson from Lethal Weapon though. It is probably very stupid popping it back in place by smacking it against a wall but it sure as hell makes you look like a Badass

Comment

That sucks that you dislocated your elbow....

hope you locate it again soon!!!

Comment

Did anyone get kicked in the balls for this injustice?

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers View Post
                          Did anyone get kicked in the balls for this injustice?
                          OW!!!

I did. I wondered what the hell happened there!

What did *I* do to deserve that?

J/K... B4... I hope you're completely healed soon!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by redbirdy80 View Post
                            OW!!!

I did. I wondered what the hell happened there!

What did *I* do to deserve that?

J/K... B4... I hope you're completely healed soon!

Redbirdy, don't you have......(how to put this)...*gulp*, lady parts?

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers View Post

Redbirdy, don't you have......(how to put this)...*gulp*, lady parts?

Ok, ok, you got me.

'Lady parts' and all that... I suppose.

I just feel so left out when people talk about getting kicked in the balls... Sounds like so much fun and all... I thought I'd play too this time, virtually, from the safety of my own home.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X