Well, this just STINKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this just STINKS!

Company just shut down today. 1,300 people are added to the unemployment lines that are already bloated with almost 100,000 other dislocated mortgage workers.

Can't say that I'm surprised as I've expected it since Sept/Oct of last year, but it still stinks. Looking for work just ain't fun.

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
    Company just shut down today. 1,300 people are added to the unemployment lines that are already bloated with almost 100,000 other dislocated mortgage workers.

Can't say that I'm surprised as I've expected it since Sept/Oct of last year, but it still stinks. Looking for work just ain't fun.

That sucks man....

I hope you find something quickly...
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

That sucks man....

I hope you find something quickly...
      getting at least 60 days severance. The problem is in finding something that will pay even close to what I'm making now. Anyone need someone who is trained in thinking and making decisions?

Comment

What mortgage company? Yeah, we have had a several dozen people from mortgage company sending in Resumes here for the last year. Hang in there Bro!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, Glue. Hope you find something quickly.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            What mortgage company? Yeah, we have had a several dozen people from mortgage company sending in Resumes here for the last year. Hang in there Bro!
            Aurora Loan Services. I've a co-worker that has mentioned some rumblings of a couple of opportunities that might keep me out of foreclosure.

Got many underwriter/risk assessment positions? (yeah right, who am I kidding? ) - yes, I'm joking and keeping things lite.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
              I'm sorry to hear that, Glue. Hope you find something quickly.
              God Almighty has promised to take care of me and my family. My trust in Him is now being used. Christmas '08 will probably be much different than Christmas '07 was but Mrs. Factory and the kids will be fine. It'll be a roller coaster between here and there and in the end everything will be fine. It's not like I haven't been laid off before.

Comment

I heard Elmer's Glue was hiring you might look into that. Sorry bad joke I know just trying to cheer you up sorry to hear that man.
                Last edited by *Atwater*; 01-17-2008, 12:55 PM.
                sigpic
                Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
                  I heard Elmer's Glue was hiring you might look into that. Sorry bad joke I know just trying to cheer you up sorry to hear that man.
                  I hear their contracts are real short though!

Good one!

Comment

I hear ya..I'm sorry!!

I was in Escrow for 3 years..

I was there when the market was booming and left when it was starting to fall apart. I Quit as soon as all the stress started and everyone feared for their job, wondering if they were going to be the next one laid off..

The Company I worked for went from 75 employees to now having only 10!!!

Good luck on finding another job.. I'm sure you will find one soon.

Comment

Hope you find something soon, maybe you will find and even better job fingers crossed.

Comment

I'm with ya, Glue.

I've owned my own mortgage business for the past 10 years and am in the process of shutting my doors. Between new laws and loan programs being eliminated, I can't compete as a small outfit.

Fortunately for me, I read a book a few years ago by Robert Allen called "Multiple Streams Of Income." It showed me how to diversify my income. Even though I'm losing the largest part of my income, I'm still getting something while I make my next career change.

Hang in there man. God is faithful.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear this my friend. That really does stink.

I know exactly what you mean about finding another job that will pay what you are used to. I took a HUGE hit a couple of years ago. Either quit or take the pay cut. I struggled with that decision.

So as the price of living keeps going up, many of us I'm sure are slipping further and further down the pay scales.

One day there will be no middle class period.

The "Haves" and the "Have Nots"

Hang in there bud and keep that chin up while you pound the pavement.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post
                            I hear ya..I'm sorry!!

I was in Escrow for 3 years..

I was there when the market was booming and left when it was starting to fall apart. I Quit as soon as all the stress started and everyone feared for their job, wondering if they were going to be the next one laid off..

The Company I worked for went from 75 employees to now having only 10!!!

Good luck on finding another job.. I'm sure you will find one soon.

Smart girl. Unfortunately, taking anything more than a 15% paycut will likely result in a foreclosure or short sale for me. To make matters works, my income is about 75th percentile for my position, of which there was a glut of job seekers before today and now there's another 100 to compete against.

Don't know what the future holds, but God will take care of me. Of that I have absolutely no doubt - because He has in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                              Sorry to hear this my friend. That really does stink.

I know exactly what you mean about finding another job that will pay what you are used to. I took a HUGE hit a couple of years ago. Either quit or take the pay cut. I struggled with that decision.

So as the price of living keeps going up, many of us I'm sure are slipping further and further down the pay scales.

One day there will be no middle class period.

The "Haves" and the "Have Nots"

Hang in there bud and keep that chin up while you pound the pavement.
                              I'm thinking slavery is looking kinda good.

Comment

Working...
                              X