Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geocaching

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geocaching

    Anyone else out there do any Geocaching? I just started in December after I got my new Garmin GPS.

    It's a lot of fun, it's a great way to get outdoors and do some hiking or plain old fashioned treasure hunts.



  • #2
    Originally posted by ohyeah View Post
    Anyone else out there do any Geocaching? I just started in December after I got my new Garmin GPS.

    It's a lot of fun, it's a great way to get outdoors and do some hiking or plain old fashioned treasure hunts.
    My dad does it a whole lot. When Im in town I go with him, its a lot of fun. Especially when people really make it tricky, and you find it. Just feel so much smarter than
    sigpic

    I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

    Comment


    • #3
      Nope. Never heard of it.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
        Nope. Never heard of it.
        Me neither but unlike your lazy a** I looked it up.


        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching
        sigpic
        Thanks Blondie for the Sig

        Comment


        • #5
          Thats something I have always wanted to do. Just havnt gotten there yet!

          Comment


          • #6
            Take a look at Geocaching.com. I guarantee that when you punch in your Zip Code you will find a whole lot of them placed really close by.

            The first time I looked up my address I found out there were literally 1000's within miles of me.


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ohyeah View Post
              Take a look at Geocaching.com. I guarantee that when you punch in your Zip Code you will find a whole lot of them placed really close by.

              The first time I looked up my address I found out there were literally 1000's within miles of me.
              taking a look right now? THanks!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ohyeah View Post
                Take a look at Geocaching.com. I guarantee that when you punch in your Zip Code you will find a whole lot of them placed really close by.

                The first time I looked up my address I found out there were literally 1000's within miles of me.
                Yeah, my wife did it for awhile and I helped on a few occasions. Sometimes they're really cool and sometimes whatever you were supposed to find is watterlogged.

                But the fun is almost more in the finding than in what you found.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
                  Me neither but unlike your lazy a** I looked it up.


                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching
                  someone is in a grouchy mood today.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    it looks like it could be good fun. I've always wanted a GPS, but never thought I'd have a real reason to get one. I looked for caches in my area, but there really aren't any near me, which is suprising as I live in Wyoming and there would be thousands of cool spots to place one.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X