Lunar eclipse tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar eclipse tonight!

Last one until 2010. I read somewhere that it starts around 8:45pm eastern. Not sure if we'll get to see it here. Clouds.

SAO PAULO (AP) — German development minister Svenja Schulze announced Monday that her government will make 204 million euros ($222 million) available for environmental policies in Brazil.Of this total, $38 million i
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
    Last one until 2010. I read somewhere that it starts around 8:45pm eastern. Not sure if we'll get to see it here. Clouds.

http://www6.comcast.net/news/article...Lunar.Eclipse/
    BEAUTIFUL weather here.

Comment

http://www6.comcast.net/news/article...Lunar.Eclipse/
      You may have saw that in my fun facts thread. These are the exact times accoring to NASA:

Partial begins at 8:43 EST
      Total begins at 10:01 EST
      Mid Eclipse at 10:26 EST
      Total ends at 10:51 EST
      Partial ends at 12:09 EST

It is safe to look with the naked eye and it is also supposed to turn the moon blood red. Depending on locations and cloud cover, it could appear bright orange, dark brown or even very dark gray.

We are socked in clouds and they are saying here in Utah, we are not going to be able to see it.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

That's where I read it.

It's snowing right now. Don't know if it'll clear up it time.
        Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I want to see it but we've had partial cloud cover all day........it's 50-50 if I'll get to see it....

PEACE!!!

Comment

I have some pics of tonights L.C. not great though =(

sigpic

Comment

I had a clear view of it, but being that is is below zero out, I cut my sightseeing time short :shake:
              The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elway View Post
                I had a clear view of it, but being that is is below zero out, I cut my sightseeing time short :shake:
                oh come on. Its about 14 out here and I went out bare foot with just my bronco shorts and no shirt.

suck it up
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                  oh come on. Its about 14 out here and I went out bare foot with just my bronco shorts and no shirt.

suck it up

Haha I too was braving the cold to see it....wearing my Broncos PJ pants and a Tshirt.....b-b-b-brrrrrrrr-r-r-r-r

Could see a little through the minimal cloud cover....

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post

suck it up
                    You're braver (or crazier ) than I am. One time, I did go out without a jacket for a couple of seconds (just to make sure the moon was still there).

We had the clearest sky. It was beautiful.
                    Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

You're braver (or crazier ) than I am. One time, I did go out without a jacket for a couple of seconds (just to make sure the moon was still there).

We had the clearest sky. It was beautiful.
                      I'll wear shorts in the middle of December. Cold does not bother me. It's the damn heat I hate.

I can't stand it. I wanna go live in a hole in the summer and cry.

I want an Ice age.
                      sigpic

Comment

went outside a couple of times to view it this evening.

i think our sky overall was a little hazy...but i still got to see it...stars were out, etc. and toward the middle it looked better, with the shadow over most of it with just a bright sliver.

wasn't much of a color...no red or anything to us.
                        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up man, it made for a nice little evening.

Comment

I looked at it from my bedroom window. It was beautifull. We had clear skys!

Comment

I jinxed myself by saying we had clear skies.

Comment

Working...
                              X