I wish House was real...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish House was real...

Well my Grandpa has been in the hospital for a few days, and he's really sick. He's 84, and has had Alzheimer's for a few years. He has an overactive bladder, but that's been kept in check for about a year already (medicine and diapers and cutting back on fluids). He's overweight and in terrible terrible physical shape.

Recently, he went on a month long trip to Vietnam with my uncle and his family. Came back on Sat, family gathering Sat and Sun night. He was difference - chubbier (all the food), weaker, and now has a hard time standing up and walking. Then he has had to use the bathroom (solid matter this time) more often, and on Monday night my dad took him to the hospital. Too many problems, and he was checked in. He still stays there now, and constantly requires a family member to watch over him (to help him understand doctors, nurses, tell him not to take off all the monitoring equipment, keep him from wandering around, etc).

His first diagnosis was stomach trouble, then low blood sugar, and now a messed up lung (not sure) and difficulty breathing. First we all thought it was food poisoning or something, but now we aren't so sure. He's on a respiration machine now, and I hope he recovers.

I know that it's inevitable, but I didn't think it would be like this.

I wish House was real, so he could do all the crazy medical procedures and everything to figure out the diagnosis.

Perfect situation, don't you think? History of problems, recent vacation, changing symptoms.

Sucks, my dad has to spend a good chunk of his day at the hospital.

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
    Well my Grandpa has been in the hospital for a few days, and he's really sick. He's 84, and has had Alzheimer's for a few years. He has an overactive bladder, but that's been kept in check for about a year already (medicine and diapers and cutting back on fluids). He's overweight and in terrible terrible physical shape.

Recently, he went on a month long trip to Vietnam with my uncle and his family. Came back on Sat, family gathering Sat and Sun night. He was difference - chubbier (all the food), weaker, and now has a hard time standing up and walking. Then he has had to use the bathroom (solid matter this time) more often, and on Monday night my dad took him to the hospital. Too many problems, and he was checked in. He still stays there now, and constantly requires a family member to watch over him (to help him understand doctors, nurses, tell him not to take off all the monitoring equipment, keep him from wandering around, etc).

His first diagnosis was stomach trouble, then low blood sugar, and now a messed up lung (not sure) and difficulty breathing. First we all thought it was food poisoning or something, but now we aren't so sure. He's on a respiration machine now, and I hope he recovers.

I know that it's inevitable, but I didn't think it would be like this.

I wish House was real, so he could do all the crazy medical procedures and everything to figure out the diagnosis.

Perfect situation, don't you think? History of problems, recent vacation, changing symptoms.

Sucks, my dad has to spend a good chunk of his day at the hospital.
    Wow, NTO... I hope they figure something out for him.

Comment

I'm so sorry, NTO. It's hard to watch someone you love go through rough times. And with your Dad gone a lot, that must be hard, too. Just remember, he's doing what he needs to do. Hopefully, the doctors will be able to help Grandpa soon.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this, NTO. Your family must be going through some hard times right now. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

I'll keep your family in my prayers man.

On a side note House rocks!

Comment

I am so sorry to hear all that you and your family are going through.

I know through personal experience that it is extremely hard and emotionaly draining.

My grandma has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's a few months ago. She also had a stoke last year which took her vision and now she is legally blind. Her legs have very bad arthritis, so she cant walk very good either.

In August I quit my job and became her daily caregiver. It is very hard work but so rewarding. I get to be with her and help her through everything.

I know how you feel and how heartbreaking it is.. and I am very sorry!

Please try and keep your head up and stay positive. Hopefully everything will work out and he will be ok.. but please still try to spend as much time with him as you can..just in case.. you will always remember those times and thank yourself forever for doing so.

Take Care

Comment

Well I really hope gets well and attention from the doctors.

Hopefully he will be able to get out soon, and I will have him in my thoughts man!

Comment

hope all goes well friend.
                sigpic

Comment

That's life for ya. Hope it all works out good.

Comment

Hmmm.

Well, I hope all goes well NTO.

my grandpa has been in and out over the past couple of years as well, and now he lives with my parents because he can't live alone anymore...

it's tough on our whole family, and we were at church the other day and i looked over and......well, anyway....i just hope everything turns out alright.

take comfort in the fact that we do have real doctors who deal with just as crazy scenarios as House and somehow figure them out...

Chin up....
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I didn't know they make you wear face masks now in hospitals.

So now my uncle and my dad (who have been watching my grandpa) are sick (my dad sick further more).

My uncle who is vacationing in SE Asia has immediately booked a ticket home (here), and my uncle who lives in California has immediately booked a ticket here.

Comment

Working...
                      X