Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need suggestions about a present

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need suggestions about a present

    This one girl I am trying to date is a single mom and her son is a 14 months old baby boy. She said he likes to throw stuff a lot, so....what should I bring as a present in our first "date?" We are both in college and yeah, I don't have much money (under $30-ish)......

    XBL: The1Executioner

  • #2
    Originally posted by The Executioner View Post
    This one girl I am trying to date is a single mom and her son is a 14 months old baby boy. She said he likes to throw stuff a lot, so....what should I bring as a present in our first "date?" We are both in college and yeah, I don't have much money (under $30-ish)......

    DUDE...........

    Don't try and get to her through her kid! Moms can see right through that. If it is your first date, focus on her. I'm a guy and I have a son, it is kinda weird when people who have never met my son bring him gifts like they know him. Bring her something, A rose....etc.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I need suggestions about present for the boy. The mom knows that I'm focusing on her and it's kinda stupid don't ya think if I bring her something and her son nothing? She would totally be offended, and I want her to know that I care about her son too.
      XBL: The1Executioner

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Executioner View Post
        I need suggestions about present for the boy. The mom knows that I'm focusing on her and it's kinda stupid don't ya think if I bring her something and her son nothing? She would totally be offended, and I want her to know that I care about her son too.
        Do you know her son? If you do, then I understand getting him a gift. If you want to be smooth and kill to birds with one stone.........Offer to take him along, like to the zoo, or to the play ground, or chuckie cheese.......so that way you are on a date and yet you can still show her that you are into her kid.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Broncos30TD View Post
          Do you know her son? If you do, then I understand getting him a gift. If you want to be smooth and kill to birds with one stone.........Offer to take him along, like to the zoo, or to the play ground, or chuckie cheese.......so that way you are on a date and yet you can still show her that you are into her kid.
          Thanks. I don't know her son well, other than watching vids of him, so I shouldn't give him any gift? I'll hit you with a CP, thanks.
          XBL: The1Executioner

          Comment


          • #6
            They don't call me the Dr. Love for nothing.

            If people just listened to me, there would be alot more love in the world. Look at these other couples I have hooked up.............










            Okay, the last one didn't turn out so good. Sue me.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Executioner View Post
              Thanks. I don't know her son well, other than watching vids of him, so I shouldn't give him any gift? I'll hit you with a CP, thanks.
              If you do get him something, make it something small, like a little football or something. That way you don't look too desperate. You can't go wrong with that.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Broncos30TD View Post
                If you do get him something, make it something small, like a little football or something. That way you don't look too desperate. You can't go wrong with that.
                Can I find one of those baby football somewhere in like Walmart?
                XBL: The1Executioner

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Broncos30TD View Post
                  If you do get him something, make it something small, like a little football or something. That way you don't look too desperate. You can't go wrong with that.
                  I agree... make it small, but letting her know you're thinking about him too is a very sweet gesture. (Single mom here, so you can trust me on that one).

                  30TD is right, you don't want her to think you're trying to buy him off, or get to her through him, but something small like a football just to know that you've thought about it is cute... especially if she's already been comfortable enough to show you vids of him.

                  I think a ball is a great idea, since you said he likes to throw stuff... and if you can make it a Broncos one, that's even better, right?

                  Good luck!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by The Executioner View Post
                    Can I find one of those baby football somewhere in like Walmart?
                    They have little nerf footballs that are perfect for a toddler at Family Dollar, Walmart, Kmart, Target. Everywhere. Cheap too.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Darn.

                      I see gift/present and I think DIAMONDS.


                      He likes to throw things? How about a Nerf football/ball? Not too expensive so that it fits your budget and it's not like you're trying to 'buy' her affections through her son.

                      I like Broncos30TD's idea about the family date.

                      EDIT: I started writing this about 20 minutes ago. Got sidetracked.
                      Last edited by Peanut; 04-11-2008, 08:10 AM.
                      Administrator

                      #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                      #LupusAwarenessMonth

                      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Go ahead get him a little Orange and Blue Nerf football. what ever you do do not make it a big deal hey i say this thought your son(use his name) might like this.
                        CMack
                        http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2042165

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The first date is not really like a "date", more like "hang out", you know what I mean? Should I give the nerf football to the boy on the "hang out" date and give the mom a rose or wait until the real "date". PLEASE let me know.....
                          XBL: The1Executioner

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Executioner View Post
                            The first date is not really like a "date", more like "hang out", you know what I mean? Should I give the nerf football to the boy on the "hang out" date and give the mom a rose or wait until the real "date". PLEASE let me know.....
                            You should hang out first. Then bring the gifts on the Real date. If you bring gifts to the "Hang out" it will be obvious you want more than just to hang out.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow. I am only 14.

                              I have alot to learn.


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X