Words to ponder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words to ponder

Have you ever wondered about some of the words we use and their meaning. For example:

Ruthless - I mean is it really that bad to be without Ruth?

Extraordinary - It means exceptional or way above the norm, however, if someone is extra ordinary wouldn't that mean they are just REALLY ordinary or normal? Wouldn't it make more sense to be unextraordinary?

Anyone else have any words they ponder?

Cody J. Esquire
    Last edited by Elway4King; 08-02-2004, 11:25 AM.
    "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
    "These people need me." Zack Morris
    "Yes, [Vick] has a cannon. But he's also accurate." Zack Morris
    "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
    "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
    "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
    "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
    "Charlie Joiner was not that good." Zack Morris
    "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
    "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris
    "Neener neener!" Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

How's Renee doing these days primetime?

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Primetime! Send me a PM! I got a message to give you from Blue Damsel! CLEAR YOUR PM BOX!!!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
        How's Renee doing these days primetime?
        NJ, LOL..You have got to be the best at hijacking threads...
        WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23
          NJ, LOL..You have got to be the best at hijacking threads...
          I didn't mean to! :p

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

great thread dude!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonVSPortis
              great thread dude!
              Geeze, thanks God!

Cody J. Esquire
              "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
              "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
              "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
              "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
              "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
              "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
              "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

god? where did that come from?

-Person who follows the commandments, unlike ELWAY...eg first one there is only one god and no others...

GOOD GOIN'

Comment

Inflamable...reminds me of Dr. Nick of the Simpsons. "Inflamable means flamable? what a country." Dr. Nick Riviera.

Comment

god? where did that come from?

-Person who follows the commandments, unlike ELWAY...eg first one there is only one god and no others...

GOOD GOIN'
                    Actually, there are many gods. Pagen gods, Roman gods, Greek gods, etc. There is only one Yhvh (the unspeakable Hebrew name). I did not say that name now did I?

As for the First Commandment; "Thou shalt have no other gods before me," well I don't, and wouldn't it be heresy for you to even assume I meant what you insinuate I meant?

Honestly, I think the 3rd one supports your argument better. "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy god in vain." And once again, I did not use his name now did I? And really, if you study Jewish law this Commandment refers to the defacing of his name or the swearing by it falsely...

...putz!

Cody J. Esquire
                    Last edited by Elway4King; 08-03-2004, 09:49 PM.

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

good point

I WILL RETURN!!!!

-also a student

Comment

good point

I WILL RETURN!!!!

-also a student
                        Are you going to study. Because I can teach you right here...

...putz.

Herschel Shwartz

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

teach me what? how to paste old women into my signature?

-Concerned about what you think about looking at those old hags

Comment

teach me what? how to paste old women into my signature?

-Concerned about what you think about looking at those old hags
                            Hey man they live right down the street from me at Del Boca Vista! Again, old men and women...

...putz.

Cody J. Esquire

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

o ya forgot..haha....BUT regardless they are old and if they even saw the game of football they would passout.

-Man who sadly lives next to a LOUD dog

Comment

Working...
                              X