What a way to wake up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a way to wake up!

We had an earthquake this morning. :shake: wooo hooo. I geuss it freaked our night gaurd out here at work. I had to laugh when she was telling the storie. She thought she had drank to much pepsi untill all the alarms on the computer started showing up. Seems to be no damge done anywere!

http://cbs2chicago.com/

OMG IM NOT JOKING I THOUGHT I FELT IT HERE IN OHIO....I swear...My Desk was shaking and my keyboard was making a funny noise like I was shaking it or typing like a mad man...

It was nothing major but thats the first thing I thought while it was happening and then I seen this post.I live est 350 miles directly east of West Salem,IL
    Last edited by LarryDean; 04-18-2008, 04:30 AM.
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
      OMG IM NOT JOKING I THOUGHT I FELT IT HERE IN OHIO....I swear...My Desk was shaking and my keyboard was making a funny noise like I was shaking it or typing like a mad man...

It was nothing major but thats the first thing I thought while it was happening and then I seen this post.
      Yeah they are saying it was felt in about five state, Ohio being one of them! So you werent imagining things.
      http://igs.indiana.edu/geology/earth...akes/index.cfm

here

Comment

OMG, y'all are so lucky!

I miss earthquakes (being raised on a fault line will do that to ya!)!

I was lucky enough to feel one when I was back in NZ in NOvember, but it was small 3.5, so hardly anyone else felt it.
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
          OMG, y'all are so lucky!

I was lucky enough to feel one when I was back in NZ in NOvember, but it was small 3.5, so hardly anyone else felt it.
          Its kind of funny listening to the people calling and telling there stories. It is pritty much the same story over and over again.

Comment

Was anyone hurt or injured?
            CMack
            http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2042165

Comment

I heard on the radio this morning that some people in southern WI felt it.

Comment

Nothing here. I think only 2 or 3 reported Earth quakes in New York.

When I was staying with my dad in California I felt one (not sure what the size was)

Freaked me. Funny thing was no one else really thought much of it.

At least you did not wake up with a spider on your face.
                sigpic

Comment

Nope no spiders

Originally posted by CMack View Post
                  Was anyone hurt or injured?
                  As far as I know no body was hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post

It was nothing major but thats the first thing I thought while it was happening and then I seen this post.I live est 350 miles directly east of West Salem,IL
                    146 miles away for me here in Champaign, IL.

It woke me up wondering what it was. Both of my boys came racing down the stairs saying "What was that??!!" I thought a tree fell on the house, but that wasn't the case as it turns out.
                    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                    FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
                      OMG, y'all are so lucky!

You must get some strange looks, missing earthquakes.

I'm waiting for the CA people (I'm a misplaced CA girl) to chime in.

We've had a few here and it's so funny to watch people panic over a little earth movement.

I'm glad no one was hurt and no apparent property damage.
                      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post

You must get some strange looks, missing earthquakes.

I'm waiting for the CA people (I'm a misplaced CA girl) to chime in.

We've had a few here and it's so funny to watch people panic over a little earth movement.

I'm glad no one was hurt and no apparent property damage.
                        I getting a kick out of it here. I did hear something about sombodies porch falling off. Thats the only damage I have heard about.

Comment

The closest I've been, and felt it all right, was in Las Vegas in 1992 when the LA area got hit big time. The waves in my water bed literally threw me on the floor.

Thank goodness just some minor damage in Salem and last report was nobody was hurt.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                            146 miles away for me here in Champaign, IL.

It woke me up wondering what it was. Both of my boys came racing down the stairs saying "What was that??!!" I thought a tree fell on the house, but that wasn't the case as it turns out.
                            Champaign!

Bronco fan here in Danville! :wave:

I definatly felt this morning. I just thought there was a big gust of wind that hit the window.

I think the bed moved, but I didnt notice. Between hubby flopping around, the dog (85 lb lab) getting off and on the bed...I ignore that kind of thing.

I did feel the aftershock about 10am this morning. On the second floor of where I work. My moniter swayed and I could feel the tremble in my chair and through my feet.

Its supposed to be terra FIRMA. As in...not move.
                            First earthquake I recall feeling...
                            sigpic
                            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                            -Sean Payton

Comment

I cant believe how long the after shocks are lasting. 4.2 reported yesturday!?

Comment

Working...
                              X