Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinion @ dating...help...loser in distress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinion @ dating...help...loser in distress...

So I posted a post here about a week ago that I am "hanging" out with this one cute single mom. So we decided that we will go on dating, but she prefer to call it "You and Me Time".... so I said "ok!"
    Four days ago she told me to eat breakfast before my big History test and I listened to her...
    Two days ago she asked me how did I do on the test and I said "I listened to you @ eating breakfast...turned out great" She smiled and then we don't talk anymore like the whole thing never happened, hell there isn't even an eye contact anymroe. I called her and she didn't answer for the past 2 days. I text'ed her twice and she didn't answer either.
    College is getting busy and I have to travel next week so there won't be anytime left for that "you and me time" unless we do it this week. My friends and my insecurities are telling me that she is dumping me before it even started and she don't want to really say it. I just want to know what you guys' advise/suggestions or what should I do? Move on or be patient? CP to people that can give good advises to me. Thanks....!

Whats even worse is my XBOX 360 gold subscription has ended a week ago and I didn't even notice it until yesterday....:hammer:
    XBL: The1Executioner

I dont have much good advice.
    But I'd just say be patient until you know anything for sure.
    You know how girls are.

I'd wait a little bit and see what happens.

But I make things worse so

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
      I dont have much good advice.
      But I'd just say be patient until you know anything for sure.
      You know how girls are.

I'd wait a little bit and see what happens.

But I make things worse so
      I'm mad and confused right now, it's like she is playing games with me. My mom doesn't like the idea of me dating her and she is "holding a chainsaw" behind my back, so I really need to know what the heck the girl I love wants?

Comment

Yea I know how it feels though. Sometimes I get too paranoid and if I really like a girl and think she likes me... and I dont talk to her for a day or even 5 or 10 hours I start to wonder. Its a crappy feeling so I hope it works out for you though. It sucks when you have to play the wonder game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Executioner View Post
          So I posted a post here about a week ago that I am "hanging" out with this one cute single mom. So we decided that we will go on dating, but she prefer to call it "You and Me Time".... so I said "ok!"
          Four days ago she told me to eat breakfast before my big History test and I listened to her...
          Two days ago she asked me how did I do on the test and I said "I listened to you @ eating breakfast...turned out great" She smiled and then we don't talk anymore like the whole thing never happened, hell there isn't even an eye contact anymroe. I called her and she didn't answer for the past 2 days. I text'ed her twice and she didn't answer either.
          College is getting busy and I have to travel next week so there won't be anytime left for that "you and me time" unless we do it this week. My friends and my insecurities are telling me that she is dumping me before it even started and she don't want to really say it. I just want to know what you guys' advise/suggestions or what should I do? Move on or be patient? CP to people that can give good advises to me. Thanks....!

Whats even worse is my XBOX 360 gold subscription has ended a week ago and I didn't even notice it until yesterday....:hammer:
          Hmmm. well she is a Mom. There are a few scenarios. She could just be busy with the little one..... or maybe she feels like she's being your mom. Like, she told you to eat breakfast before your test...and you did. Maybe she's being insecure about that whole thing subconsciously.

Also, she could be "dumping" you. Usually when girls don't answer and ignore you it's one of two things:

1. They're busy.
          2. They're avoiding you.

Bonus:

3. They lost, or broke their cell-phone some how because they tend to.

Now without knowing either of you too well, I figure you could at least wait a little while, be sort of patient....and definitely don't pull the whole "desperate" thing and keep trying to contact her like Brian on Family Guy on that episode where they have a reality show based on them and he keeps calling Jennifer or whatever her name is and filling up her machine.

Anyway. don't wait too long though. In the end, there probably isn't any reason to stick around if it isn't going to work. And if she's not willing to commit to even a casual dating situation, and wants to refer to it as "you and me time" that sounds dangerously close to: "look, you're a good guy, my kid likes you.....but i think you'd be better as my friend, and i don't know if (kid's name) is ready to have another guy around....and i'm insecure because i'm a single mom, and then i'm just making stuff up to get out of a relationship...etc."

On the other hand, maybe she's just plain busy. you said yourself college is picking up. maybe whatever's going on in her life is picking up...

I say give her a few days, see if she contacts you. don't contact her for a while...give her some space....and maybe a day or two before your trip call her (don't text unless you have to) and see if she wants to "hang out" before you leave town...

if that fails...then i'd use your time away as a buffer....and if she's still around when you return maybe she does want more "you and me time."

if not, then i'd move on to a woman without a kid....or just move on...

also, heed the matter in which she contacts you, should she contact you before you leave...

if it sounds like she is just wanting something....or using you to like..."hey we should hang out and i'm going to come up with some reasons to hang out with you because i want attention or i want you to buy me groceries or some such"

then.....that's not good either.

i dunno if my advice is worth wasting a draft pick on Clarett but.....

good luck bud.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

My advice would be to chill.....

Neither move on or be patient she is one of a few or one of many .

the best thing to do is chill....Focus on you and nothing else.

What will be will be...

I hope you understand what I mean by that...
            Last edited by LarryDean; 04-18-2008, 09:42 PM.
            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but whenever I get stressed about dating, I remember the only advice my dad ever gave me on the subject: Only a fool looks for logic in the ways of a woman.

For some reason that always makes me feel a little better.
              I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

She knows you called. She knows you sent a text. Now the ball is in her court. If she doesn't text you back or call and explain, she's trying to tell you something. If she isn't giving you eye contact, then she's telling you something. I would say that, for whatever reason, the chances are she is giving you all the clues not to chase her.

I promise you this. If you move on and continue to be active around her, Chances are better she will want to be around you.

Comment

I don't understand, why couldn't she just say "no" when I asked her out on lunch? She just had to say "yes" to "you and me" time and here we are, ***?!

Right now I feel like I should move on from u guys' advises. I would take more opinions from u guys. Thanks Real Bronco, it hurts to read ur post but it make sense.

Comment

How old is she and how old are you. When i was 19 i was fooling around with a single (divorced) mom and she was 38...BUT WAY HOT!!!! I think she was a playmate at one time.

ANyway, i wasnt as close to her as it sounds you are, but she did something kinda like that. So i just figured whatever and went about my business. She then called later,yada yada.... After a while she was always like trying to tell me what to do, and always calling me to see where i was and using that one finger to say come here with.....I freaking hate that............ So i stoppped calling her and answereing her calls.

THen she was the one freaking out, the whole time when she didnt answer, was her just trying to wrap me around her fingers, Perhaps the same thing is happening to you. When i didnt buy into it, she started to call me and all the above stuff i said.

THen she got really weird and i broke everthing off, and she would start showing up at my house at like 3 am. and going to my work and stuff------ If she is older, trust me...GET OUT!!!!!

I did, even though she was super hot, i could tell something was getting weird, luckily i did.....Maybe not the best advice but those older women man. SOmetimes they just get real crazy...

Hope you get if worked out.
                    So far:
                    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                      How old is she and how old are you. When i was 19 i was fooling around with a single (divorced) mom and she was 38...BUT WAY HOT!!!! I think she was a playmate at one time.

ANyway, i wasnt as close to her as it sounds you are, but she did something kinda like that. So i just figured whatever and went about my business. She then called later,yada yada.... After a while she was always like trying to tell me what to do, and always calling me to see where i was and using that one finger to say come here with.....I freaking hate that............ So i stoppped calling her and answereing her calls.

THen she was the one freaking out, the whole time when she didnt answer, was her just trying to wrap me around her fingers, Perhaps the same thing is happening to you. When i didnt buy into it, she started to call me and all the above stuff i said.

THen she got really weird and i broke everthing off, and she would start showing up at my house at like 3 am. and going to my work and stuff------ If she is older, trust me...GET OUT!!!!!

I did, even though she was super hot, i could tell something was getting weird, luckily i did.....Maybe not the best advice but those older women man. SOmetimes they just get real crazy...

Hope you get if worked out.
                      We are both 19 years old and she is about 4 months older than me. The father of the baby happened to share the same birthday as me.

Comment

I say just let it chill for a few days, you never know what she might be going through.

Single momhood is NOT easy, and there are days when it's all you can do to take care of the stuff that ABSOLUTELY has to be done, and then it's time to sleep. Sounds like she's got a full plate, with her son and school.

If you haven't heard in 3 days or so, I'd say it's time to move on, but don't write her off JUST yet.

I wish I had something better to tell you, because I know that the waiting sucks, but give her a little time.

Good luck!
                        sigpic

Comment

The girls are right. I have a hard enough time with my son, even when my wife is around to help. Kids man, whew, they freaking are insanely active and it equally a second full time job.

But since you are 19 and she is too.......Honestly i dont think this would help, but i would leave it alone. You dont wanna be messin with that whole situation. Its going to end up in trouble me thinks.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

sounds like you need to take ur mind off things for a bit. here you go:

that should do the trick...

Comment

i agree with rav on this one

chill and relax on this girl

you shouldnt text or call her anymore. if she wants to call you she has your # and she will call if she wants too no need to chase after this one anymore. you could come off as despret in her eyes and women dont want that outta someone. like rav said if you move on and she see's that she might just start looking your way a lil more, after all sometimes women want what someone else has.

brush off them shoulders and look elsewhere for now, if she comes around in a couple of days n calls ya then chill with her. if she doesnt call no biggie move on.

your 19 years old you will have plenty of girls to get to know in the coming years.
                              sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Working...
                              X