Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knowledge is power, please take the time to read this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an interesting subject, Zealander.

I certainly believe that there is intelligent life -certainly life- elsewhere. But you'd have a hard time convincing me that this intelligent life visited earth or anywhere else outside of their solar system. Like Sneakers said, the distances are too vast.

Vast probably doesnt even do the distances justice. Incomprehensible is probably a better term. I'd bet that humanity will never leave the solar system. Hell, the distance between the Sun and Pluto is 3.6 billion miles...that's...well, that's incomprehensible.

Still with that being said, it reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes (which deals with these issues very, very philosophically)

"Sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life is that none of it has tried to contact us yet."

Bill Watterson pwns!
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Dude, Zealander!

That's nothing!

Many on this board will vouch for my unwavering devotion to fact and that I do not generally buy into "conspiracy theories."

Often, I look upon them with disdain.

This one however, like your video, has me convinced. In the face of overwhelming evidence, people simply must begin accepting the truth, so here it is:

Let me tell you about the DHMO cover-up our government runs constantly! I bet most of us have never even heard of DHMO, but it's very, very real.

You won't believe the extent to which this issue and the adverse (even deadly) health affects it has on every person on the planet every day is covered up!

Read more about it at DHMO.org.

DHMO is a form of hydrogenic acid that can be found in nature, or in many cases, is created in laboratories and used for everything from industrial uses to consumption products.

Seriously, aliens?! Pffft... We got bigger problems right here at home, dude.

Oddly, however, these two topics are linked not just because of a massive cover-up at the hands of our own governments, but also because alien life forms on Mars, once discovered, must have access to this chemical to survive. They are as a law of science, dependant upon this substance - a substance we habitually pollute our world and bodies with every single day. Because of the nature of their environment, any life forms that do exist on Mars, must absolutely have this compound in order to exist.

In fact, our government, though they don't speak about it often or in obvious fashion, has invested billions of dollars and sent at least two expeditions to Mars looking for signs of this very substance - though for exactly what objective none are willing or able to say for certain. The blanket "quest for knowledge" is often used to brush aside the matter and side-step the issue.

We are partners - albeit allies by circumstance - in our quests for the truth. My only hope is that the foolish, gullible masses learn something from this thread, but my fear is that they will not. Yet somehow, we as a culture will find a way to carry on and improve despite their tragic ignorance.

I'm glad that people are intelligent and crafty enough to discover these things and share them with the world.

Thank you for being a patriot, and doing the work most people simply will not do.

CPs to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
        . In my opinion this is the world's greatest problem, and we all know we have a zillion of them... It is that the popular culture pertaining to the "UFO" phenomenon as it is called is not taken seriously by the public, because each government around the globe for some reason unknown to me censors the documentation of UFO's on a massive scale.
        The world's greastest problem IMO is Money..

"Money is the root of all evil ,"The love of money is the root of all evil "

Man should have learned to live for each other using anything but money.

Because of this the world will always have these two things

The Homeless and the Hungry

Man smartest of all earth's inhabitants is the only life form on earth that depends on it...

Water I can find it,Food I could grow it, Oxygen I can breath it,Shelter I can build it...

No way should money make the world go round...We as Americans have got it so lucky...

Man needed money to live and become civilized..But yet Mans animal instincts show daily..

There will never be a earth of peace and law and order..There will never be a earth without money..
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I sometimes question if there is intelligent life out there and then I occasionally click on the Smack section only to be reminded that no...there is not.

All kidding aside I don't see how anyone could say that there was nothing out there in the universe, but as I am a student of quantum mechanics I am more inclined to believe in the ideals of string theory and parallel existence than I am in the belief of "little green men" so to speak.

I am by no means an expert in any of these subjects, but I am an open minded individual with an extensive knowledge of the limits of human understanding. I know that there are things that are currently beyond our range of comprehension. Things that we can prove as fact even if we don't understand how, or why they operate yet. It is for that reason that I am more inclined to be an existentialist as opposed to a religious devotee.

No one has all of these answers. If they did there would be no need to debate them here, or anywhere else for that matter. All we can do is hypothesize our existence in an attempt to understand where we fit in to this universe. For anyone to question that basic human desire they would have to put away all rational thought.

Those who claim that there cannot be, or is no other aspect to our universe than what we see are either blindly ignorant, or foolishly prideful. It is impossible to claim there is nothing more to our universe when we haven't even begun to understand how to truely explore the possibilities.
          Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
            The world's greastest problem IMO is Money..

"Money is the root of all evil ,"The love of money is the root of all evil "

Man should have learned to live for each other using anything but money.

Because of this the world will always have these two things

The Homeless and the Hungry

Man smartest of all earth's inhabitants is the only life form on earth that depends on it...

Water I can find it,Food I could grow it, Oxygen I can breath it,Shelter I can build it...

No way should money make the world go round...We as Americans have got it so lucky...

Man needed money to live and become civilized..But yet Mans animal instincts show daily..

There will never be a earth of peace and law and order..There will never be a earth without money..
            But we would never have the advanced life that we do, without the greed for money. For it is human's innate greed to have 'more' than the other, that inspires those to create something the other hasn't.

So I don't find money to be the greatest "problem" at all.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
              . In my opinion this is the world's greatest problem, and we all know we have a zillion of them... It is that the popular culture pertaining to the "UFO" phenomenon as it is called is not taken seriously by the public, because each government around the globe for some reason unknown to me censors the documentation of UFO's on a massive scale.
              A couple of reasons, actually. One, is the strong religious aspect. Although most civilized nations separate church and state, the church still has traditional influence.

Not to mention that the mass of people are still highly religious. Religion is a basic root of all civilizations. Finding life on another planet, or, admitting that their is life from other planets 'visiting' us.... completely underlines and destroys people's basic beliefs. Thats a HUGE blow to a mass of people, and we don't really know what kind of 'revelation' that would have.

TWO.... the hysteria. Although I think the governments are a bit slow to catch up on their thinking, the truth is that there still is a LOT of people that fear the 'unknown.' The 'myth' of people from outterspace visiting is one thing... having a FACT of it could cause hysteria. Think about this.... the 'idea' that people have been 'abducted and explored' is intriguing if not amusing. But if it were to be known as FACT that we do have people visiting us, abducting us, exploring us without our consent, then that becomes a complete FEAR of the reality. A reality that was once thought of as myth. People would be terrified of being 'abducted.' As a myth, that can be laughed off, as a reality, that could cause a panic.

Then... if it were a reality that we were being visited, then those that claimed to be abducted are no longer looked at as liars. If thats the case, THEN the public will want to KNOW why our government hasn't protected them from this. They will throw out blame. The people will believe that the government knew of this and still chose not to protect them and keep a closed eye. Even if the government didn't know for sure, the public wouldn't believe them. If the government DID know, yet still couldn't do anything about it, then the public lives in panic and fear that they are under attack that the government can't protect them from. They will demand there SOMETHING to be done to protect us from these "space attacks." Something this BIG.. with these HUGE ramifications, could literally tear down societies. Don't give the general public too much credit. This is a society that voted Bush BACK into office because of the 'fear' of stem-cell research. Its a snowball of blame and panic that can very VERY quickly get out of hand.

At least, thats a couple reasons as to why governments aren't exactly willing to come forth and admit that there is a reality to any UFOs.
              Last edited by Ravage!!!; 05-07-2008, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                But we would never have the advanced life that we do, without the greed for money. For it is human's innate greed to have 'more' than the other, that inspires those to create something the other hasn't.

So I don't find money to be the greatest "problem" at all.
                Who is to say we wouldnt advanced through life ??

Money has nothing to do with the advancement of civilaztion... Time has everything to do with advancement not money.

Money is no reason for countries millions of people to live in famine.But yet it is the reason.

You pointed out one of the root problems of money itself greed and to have more then others..

All though all man was to supposed to be created equal...In the morning must of us put on are pants on the same way.

People are inspired to create things for all different reasons....Greed yes is one but far from the only factor...

Why is there homelessness ?

The fact that we dont have enough bricks

The fact that we dont have enough money to supply the bricks needed ?

Money is made of cotton....But yet many live and die for it and will kill for it before I will finish this post...Why is that ?

Cause man created a society built on greed and you need money to survive.
                Last edited by LarryDean; 05-07-2008, 08:57 AM.
                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
                  Who is to say we wouldnt advanced through life ??

Money has nothing to do with the advancement of civilaztion... Time has everything to do with advancement not money.

You pointed out one of the root problems of money itself Greed and to have more then others..

All though all man was to supposed to be created equal...In the morning must of us put on are pants the same way.

People are inspired to create things for all different reasons....Greed yes it could be one but far from the only factor...

Why is there homelessness ?

The fact that we dont have enough bricks

The fact that we dont have enough money to supply the bricks needed ?

Money is made of cotton....But yet many live and die for it and will kill for it before I will finish this post...Why is that ?
                  If money isn't the inspiration, then why do you supposed communism in the Soviet Union failed so badly??? Because people didn't want to work their asses off, if they weren't going to get something GAINED in return.

But you are getting off track... completely.. from this thread. You stated that money was our greatest problem... and I that statement alone couldn't be more wrong.

People killed for cattle, for women, for land, for food LONG LONG LONG before their was a money system.
                  Last edited by Ravage!!!; 05-07-2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

There has never been intelligent life visiting this planet. If there was, we would have millions dead from the alien germs that came with them. It is the same reason that it will not be safe on other planets that have life on them. Our bodies would not be able to handle stuff from other planets. Just think what happened to the Indians when Europe first came here. That same thing would happen but on a much larger scale.

So there are no coverups and there are no other planets in our galexy that have ever supported intelligent life. Things that you see and read with "scientists" saying stuff is not proof of anything. You can find a scientist that will say most anything. This is why scientists argue about everything, none of them agree on most anything. There is no carved out face. Why would some alien culture carve a human face into their planet? We where not around yet and what are the odds that other planets have the exact same animal life as us? Where does this theory make sense at all to anyone? I guess maybe if you believe in Lord Zenue bringing our souls to Earth(scientology).

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                      Dude, Zealander!

That's nothing!

Many on this board will vouch for my unwavering devotion to fact and that I do not generally buy into "conspiracy theories."

Often, I look upon them with disdain.

This one however, like your video, has me convinced. In the face of overwhelming evidence, people simply must begin accepting the truth, so here it is:

Let me tell you about the DHMO cover-up our government runs constantly! I bet most of us have never even heard of DHMO, but it's very, very real.

You won't believe the extent to which this issue and the adverse (even deadly) health affects it has on every person on the planet every day is covered up!

Read more about it at DHMO.org.

DHMO is a form of hydrogen monoxide that can be found in nature, or in many cases, is created in laboratories and used for everything from industrial uses to consumption products.

Seriously, aliens?! Pffft... We got bigger problems right here at home, dude.

Oddly, however, these two topics are linked not just because of a massive cover-up at the hands of our own governments, but also because alien life forms on Mars, once discovered, must have access to this chemical to survive. They are as a law of science, dependant upon this substance - a substance we habitually pollute our world and bodies with every single day. Because of the nature of their environment, any life forms that do exist on Mars, must absolutely have this compound in order to exist.

In fact, our government, though they don't speak about it often or in obvious fashion, has invested billions of dollars and sent at least two expeditions to Mars looking for signs of this very substance - though for exactly what objective none are willing or able to say for certain. The blanket "quest for knowledge" is often used to brush aside the matter and side-step the issue.

We are partners - albeit allies by circumstance - in our quests for the truth. My only hope is that the foolish, gullible masses learn something from this thread, but my fear is that they will not. Yet somehow, we as a culture will find a way to carry on and improve despite their tragic ignorance.

I'm glad that people are intelligent and crafty enough to discover these things and share them with the world.

Thank you for being a patriot, and doing the work most people simply will not do.

CPs to you!

Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic
                      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                        There has never been intelligent life visiting this planet. If there was, we would have millions dead from the alien germs that came with them. It is the same reason that it will not be safe on other planets that have life on them. Our bodies would not be able to handle stuff from other planets. Just think what happened to the Indians when Europe first came here. That same thing would happen but on a much larger scale.

So there are no coverups and there are no other planets in our galexy that have ever supported intelligent life. Things that you see and read with "scientists" saying stuff is not proof of anything. You can find a scientist that will say most anything. This is why scientists argue about everything, none of them agree on most anything. There is no carved out face. Why would some alien culture carve a human face into their planet? We where not around yet and what are the odds that other planets have the exact same animal life as us? Where does this theory make sense at all to anyone? I guess maybe if you believe in Lord Zenue bringing our souls to Earth(scientology).

The carved "face" isn't the only proof that is shown. Did you look at the pictures and the video, or did you just ignore those?

Your comments about the 'virus' is just a theory and not fact. Sounds like something out of a movie more than reality. If that were true, then why haven't we all died from 'alien' viruses brought to us by meteorites???

I'm not saying we have been visited. I believe is a pretty far fetched idea, but at the same time, is it really that far fetched to believe Mars itself had intelligent life? Considering the age of these planets compared to the age of our life, is it REALLY hard to believe that Mars sustained life before humans were around? There were oceans, THAT has been proved. Mars has always been the one planet that seemed to have the temperatures that could sustain life. If we can send satellites there, and plan a human trip to Mars with so FEW years of human existence here, is it REALLY that hard to believe that Mars took a trip here, before we were around?

Not for me its not.

But your idea that scientist don't prove anything.... what do you suggest we do? Simply believe in those that "say" there is nothing because they don't wish to open up their mind?

The world was once flat. The universe once revolved around the earth. These are just two HUGE examples as to how things quickly change with science.

To even SAY that there are no other planets in our galaxy that has 'ever' supported intelligent life, is COMPLETELY closed minded and proves exactly what we're saying about those not wishing to open up and accept the possibilities.

(just to throw it out there, who said anything about them being just like us, or having animals just like us??)

There have been theories for ages that evolution never occured, and that this planet was indeed 'seeded' by another civilization that existed outside of earth. Is that REALLLY that far fetched? How else can you explain so many "odd" signs of advanced technological feats in our past?

Never say never... and never close your mind so much.
                        Last edited by Ravage!!!; 05-07-2008, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post

But your idea that scientist don't prove anything.... what do you suggest we do? Simply believe in those that "say" there is nothing because they don't wish to open up their mind?

The world was once flat. The universe once revolved around the earth. These are just two HUGE examples as to how things quickly change with science.
                          The second paraghraph that I have quoted is the exact reason I said that you can't believe everything scietists say. Just because you find one that says something, doesn't make it any more true. That paragraph is a perfect example of why that is. My suggestion is to view topics with an open mind and get multiple perspectives. Don't just use sources that believe the theory to be the way that you believe.

Also, it has not been proven that there where oceans on Mars. It is all speculation. They still do not know if there where or not.

I say it didn't have intelligent life because of other facts about the planet. IF the theory of it having oceans is true, then the theory of why they are gone is most likely true as well. That theory is that the planet couldn't sustain an atmosphere because it wobbles in its rotation. In other words, it has no north and south pole or equator. The theory is that it used to rotate like Earth and something made it deviate from doing that. The time frame that Mars could have supported life is far to short for that life to become complex creatures and especially intelligent complex creatures. Then there is the time that it takes those intelligent complex creatures to figure out their intelligence and advance.

Anyways, all of that stuff is a conspiracy theory. It is people that want to believe so bad that they ignore the stuff that we do know in order to prove their point. There are many things we have left to learn, but you still have to use what we know.

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae View Post
                            You honestly think that in a universe with 100 billion galaxies that a rock formation shaped like a face could not occur naturally? Probability is a nice way to refute earthly things, but honestly, when it comes to our universe, I'm inclined to believe that most anything is possible because the size is so massive. I do believe in aliens for that same reason. However, I think that you are being rather irrational. Life on Mars, if it existed, would have been single-celled. I don't have time to watch the lecture right now, so this is a response to what I can glean from your post. If I'm totally off base, I'll correct myself later when it is not 3 AM and I can watch the video.
                            But what are the odds that such a formation would show up where WE can see it and where such a face would be recognizable to us? If there's other life out there in the universe, it probably won't look like us and might even be beyond the realm of our current science fiction.

Then again, I can see faces in the clouds pretty quick if I look hard enough.

But why do you assume that any Martian life would have only been single-celled? With as little as we know about that planet, I think it's a mistake to make ANY assumptions.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19 View Post
                              The world was once considered to be flat, and at the centre of the universe..........

The speed of sound was a barrier that would never be broken............

All true, as far as knowledge at the time would allow............who's to say that Einstein's theory won't be proven to be wrong at some point in the future?
                              I was going to make similar points.

It's pure arrogance on humanity's part to believe that we know even close to as much as there is to know about life, the universe, and everything. In particular, scientists assume that physics and what have you are pretty much conquered with just a few details to iron out. The problem is that EVERY generation of scientists gets that same arrogant attitude.

And then some breakthrough occurs and throws "modern" science on its rear.

Interstellar space travel is only science fiction right now but it will only take the right breakthrough to get us going. That could be in 10 years or 1000. Who knows? And, yes, it's even possible that it's IMpossible.

But to just assume it can't be done is one of the great fallacies that would have doomed humanity had everyone believed it.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Great posts guys, I'm glad to see some people giving this thought.

To Jhns- I really have to disagree with your post. We (the public) know next to nothing about extra terrestrials and the workings of space in general. I would think if they have been visiting us, and they are above us in their air craft that it wouldn't be significant risk to catch alien viruses... afterall the craft must have been traveling through a vacuum (space) for zillionso of miles.

Here's some things that might add to your thought guys. Crop circles. Again, this can be laughed off by common popular culture. However, doing research on crop circles yields many intricate patterns that cannot be reproduced in any shape or form by researchers/scientists. In fact, in many cases the only possible explanation would be that from a space craft made from above. Some patterns are so intricate, so complex it would be absolutely impossible to form over a night. I have a video of one such case.

Here it is, very intricate patterns taken from the view of above the field. These guys have continous tape, this is really interesting.

watch the "seven minute" crop circle

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...en&sitesearch=

The sheer area that was plowed would be impossible to cover in a night. Just one more grand of sand to the glass.

And to Ravage - Regarding your reasons. Really I have explored all about these, and I think all of your thoughts have merit to them. What really frightens me is the elite power. If ET are proven true, we are by default the land of earth monkeys who know next to nothing. People will realize our government has no true power in the workings of the our planet. In a pinch, who would you turn to as the superior power? President Bush, Obama, Clinton, or them?
                                Last edited by Zealander; 05-07-2008, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X