Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    Two, too, to ---
    two is a number. (we've got two great cb's)
    too means an excessive amount (there are too many people who can't spell)
    to is for every other usage (he's going to choke)
    "Too" also means "also," too.

-----

Comment

My favorite.........

When people write Bolt-man and instead of Jetrazor74. I mean, I know they are pretty much the same thing but you gotta take the time to seperate the two you know??

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
        My favorite.........

When people write Bolt-man and instead of Jetrazor74. I mean, I know they are pretty much the same thing but you gotta take the time to seperate the two you know??

I know!!! Or when they write 'RiversOwnsDonks' instead of Legendary30!!! You'd think people would get it right!!

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          I know!!! Or when they write 'RiversOwnsDonks' instead of Legendary30!!! You'd think people would get it right!!
          well in all fairness it is sometimes hard to tell

who are you again bolt-man right
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
            Didn't I correct you on a grammar post today?

Or that could've been someone else....
            Nope, not me.

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
            "are team versus our team...

For some reason I just cannot stand that one, maybe just beacsue I saw it yesterday. Seriously though, when I have to try and decipher somebody's post I just quite reading all together at the first sign of terrible grammar - which in my experience is often linked to overall intelligence or maturity. On the other hand, I can always tell when English is written poorly based on it being a second language or something of the sort. I have absolutely no problem reading through a post like that, since that person has to take the time putting thought to words it usually has something of good value.

How often do you see an adult, or somebody with sumthin meeningful 2 say typ leik dis?
            are/our -- that's a good one. it drives me crazy too.
            How about quit (to stop) as opposed to quite (used to express an abundance of something. . . i.e. quite enough of this )?? (I guess we all do it sometimes)

Comment

iv bean reeding an righting four along tyme i wuz never rely coserned abowt grahmer asmuch as geting mi poynt acros sew im sory if i afend aniwon
              ...pleez adviz if i maid ani erurs
              i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Comment

It's not just the bad grammar that bugs me, it's the people who can seemingly navigate the internet enough to post here, but can't even manage to spell a player's name correctly.

Jake Cutler
                Jay Cuter
                Jay Culter
                Jake Plumber

For fraks sake people, this is the Bronco's forum, how hard can it be to go to the main site and get the correct spelling?
                President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

I try not to be a grammar Nazi myself, but I do notice it when people do not take the time to check their posts.

I will admit that sometimes I have a difficult time taking a poster seriously if they cannot form a complete sentence. Also seeing how the Boards have an automatic spell checking feature I marvel at how some individuals still manage to misspell words in their posts.

Recently someone who shall remain nameless posted a line in a thread that made me stop reading and move on without a second glance. I believe the line was something to the effect of, "They ain't no good player and just should stop playing."

It was in reference to John Lynch in case you are familiar with the post I am referring to.

When I read things like that the posters credibility vanishes. It may sound elitist, but I just cannot take anything else they post seriously.
                  Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

I'm a grammar nazi alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro View Post
                      It's not just the bad grammar that bugs me, it's the people who can seemingly navigate the internet enough to post here, but can't even manage to spell a player's name correctly.

Jake Cutler
                      Jay Cuter
                      Jay Culter
                      Jake Plumber

For fraks sake people, this is the Bronco's forum, how hard can it be to go to the main site and get the correct spelling?
                      I saw a screen name that spelled it 'Cuttler!'

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
                        I try not to be a grammar Nazi myself, but I do notice it when people do not take the time to check their posts.

I will admit that sometimes I have a difficult time taking a poster seriously if they cannot form a complete sentence. Also seeing how the Boards have an automatic spell checking feature I marvel at how some individuals still manage to misspell words in their posts.

Recently someone who shall remain nameless posted a line in a thread that made me stop reading and move on without a second glance. I believe the line was something to the effect of, "They ain't no good player and just should stop playing."

It was in reference to John Lynch in case you are familiar with the post I am referring to.

When I read things like that the posters credibility vanishes. It may sound elitist, but I just cannot take anything else they post seriously.
                        You're absolutely correct! :thumb:

I occasionally get lazy and forget to capitalize, and I've re read some of my posts and realized I forgot words like 'the' and I just shake my head. I try to correct my mistake if I catch it quickly enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by Poindexter View Post

Where exactly is the spell check? I can't seem to find it. It would save me some time to not have to proof-read every word in each of my posts.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            Where exactly is the spell check? I can't seem to find it. It would save me some time to not have to proof-read every word in each of my posts.
                            As you're typing, if you misspell a word it will underline it in red for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              It is in the top right corner (when you reply to a thread). ABC with a check mark underneath. You need to download it.

I use the Spell Check in my tool bar.
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

aye jus hayt whin peepole don't usee ryet spelin n gramer they is b so dum... esically cents is b this a message boyrd, their shoulde no beter. shyme___jus___shyme

Comment

Working...
                                X