X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slipknot has a good CD out now, but before they were just yelling

Comment

Originally posted by THE SHIELD
      Screaming at the top of your lungs and slashing a guitar with mostly feedback is not talent. Slipknot is a sideshow for sideshow freaks. JMO
      obviously you have no f***ing clue what you are talking about,and if actually knew slipknot, they dont always scream, and what they do does take talent can you do it? thats what i though. imin a band im vocals/screamer it takes more work than you think
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zmabe
        imin a band im vocals/screamer it takes more work than you think
        it's funny that you wrote vocals/screamer

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

that means at times i scream depending on the type of song. ive already got 57 songs writtin.
          sigpic

Comment

nice

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

thanks.
              sigpic

Comment

Anyone here like "Cannibal Corpse?" They sing such hits as "Hammer Smashed Face" and "Force Fed Broken Glass." It seems right up some of your alleys.

Give me "Nobeody's Fool' by Kenny Loggins!

Cody J. Esquire
                "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
                "These people need me." Zack Morris
                "Yes, [Vick] has a cannon. But he's also accurate." Zack Morris
                "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
                "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
                "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
                "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
                "Charlie Joiner was not that good." Zack Morris
                "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
                "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris
                "Neener neener!" Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

how bout i give u a knucklesandwhich!

-person still connected to his youth

Comment

Originally posted by Zmabe
                    obviously you have no f***ing clue what you are talking about,and if actually knew slipknot, they dont always scream, and what they do does take talent can you do it? thats what i though. imin a band im vocals/screamer it takes more work than you think

You can tell you're young. If you think "Slipknot" is great music of its genre, you obviously need to listen to the groups they stole their style from. In the 90's, we listened to such bands as "Pantera", "White Zombie", "Rage Against the Machine" and "Slipknot" does not come close to any of them. And I have heard "Slipknot" and they're about as good as "Static X"

And for your information, I may not be in a band now, but I am musically inclined and I used to be. Trust me, "Slipknot" is mostly feedback.
                    [QUOTE]
                    If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

You can tell you're young. If you think "Slipknot" is great music of its genre, you obviously need to listen to the groups they stole their style from. In the 90's, we listened to such bands as "Pantera", "White Zombie", "Rage Against the Machine" and "Slipknot" does not come close to any of them. And I have heard "Slipknot" and they're about as good as "Static X"

And for your information, I may not be in a band now, but I am musically inclined and I used to be. Trust me, "Slipknot" is mostly feedback.
                      For what it is worth, I too, find their songs to be simplistic. Not that AC/DC isn't. And I never took bass lessons, but their stuff is easy to pick up. Not so much feedback, but they tune so low that every chord sound virtually the same with all that distortion. And again, music is subjective. I just prefer more structure and melody.

And screaming is more difficult than it appears. John Lennon experiemented with it for awhile, so its nothing new.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Elway4King
                        How dare ye call Skid Row cheesy! Want to know a song that gets me pumped? "Down Boys" by Warrant.

Cody J. Esquire
                        Well, if you're going to listen to Warrant to get pumped, at least make it "Machine Gun", maybe their cover of "Train Train".

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                          Well, if you're going to listen to Warrant to get pumped, at least make it "Machine Gun", maybe their cover of "Train Train".
                          "Down Boys" gets me pumped for a night on the town.

Cody J. Esquire
                          "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
                          "These people need me." Zack Morris
                          "Yes, [Vick] has a cannon. But he's also accurate." Zack Morris
                          "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
                          "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
                          "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
                          "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
                          "Charlie Joiner was not that good." Zack Morris
                          "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
                          "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris
                          "Neener neener!" Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

man ive always listened to the older rock. i also like static x. i dont mean to go off but when you say it takes no talent to scream and do the guitar stuff, i take it as i have no talent because my band is the same type. we scream and jam. sorry for goin off.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                              And screaming is more difficult than it appears. John Lennon experiemented with it for awhile, so its nothing new.
                              thats what ive been tryin to say.
                              sigpic

Comment

If you want to get pumped up try just about anything from Motorhead. The new album, Inferno cooks. That band just plain brings it!! LEMMY IS A ROCK GOD!!

I have no problem with Slipknot. At least they are a metal band that gets some play.
                                "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

Comment

Working...
                                X