Death Poll 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Poll 2004

Have you ever heard of a death poll? Maybe yes, maybe no, but it's sort of an interesting, if a bit sadistic, competition. Basically, before the year begins, you make a list of 10 people who you think are going to die over the course of the year. Messed up? Sure, but it's fun in a twisted sort of way.

You can see the death pool I am currently in here. So far, I have not picked anyone correctly. You pick the people in the order you feel they are most likely to die. Then, if your number 1 pick kicks the bucket, you get 10 points. If your number 2 dies, you get 9 points, and so on and so forth.

Here's my list:

1. Jack Palance
    2. Rodney Dangerfield
    3. The Pope
    4. John Goodman
    5. Mike Ditka
    6. George Wendt
    7. Don Williams
    8. Elizabeth Taylor
    9. Nelson Mandela
    10. Al Davis

No, uhm, "luck" for me so far. The girl that won last year, has had the top three people on her list die already. That's creepy. The guy in the lead with 29 points has gotten 4 right.

Now this whole death poll thing might be a little too much for some of you to handle, but please note that the only person on that list that I actually want to die is #10. I think most everyone here can agree with that!

you'd better add trent green to that list cause sept. 12 he's gonna be toast.
    sigpic
    go broncos
    share the sidewalk
    liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

So what do you win? Only bragging rights?
      For $1million bucks, it would be MUCH more interesting.......*evil laugh*
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
        So what do you win? Only bragging rights?
        For $1million bucks, it would be MUCH more interesting.......*evil laugh*
        Well, I guess if every single person on your list dies, you probably get some pull with people. "You don't want to buy me this car? That's fine. Just let me add you to my little list here..."

I wonder if Vegas has odds on people dying?

Comment

How Disturbing! Who on earth would want to be in a Death Poll?
          I am BucsmissLynch and I approve this message.

Comment

I thought this was fairly disturbing too....especially the Pope!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Comon! The poor old fella's gotta go sometime, so we might as well win some points! Right guys!? Guys??.........

Comment

Screw drowning! I think I'd choose getting smothered out by Tera Patricks butt!

Cody J. Esquire
                "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
                "These people need me." Zack Morris
                "Yes, [Vick] has a cannon. But he's also accurate." Zack Morris
                "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
                "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
                "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
                "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
                "Charlie Joiner was not that good." Zack Morris
                "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
                "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris
                "Neener neener!" Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

Wasn't this a Clint Eastwood movie?

Something this sadistic could easily wind up being illegal. :p
                  Originally posted by boltzpride619
                  What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                  True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

I don't know, this is so morbid that it's actually has me intrigued. Thanks Perry.

Comment

This was a Clint Eastwood movie, (The Dead Pool.)

It more or less showed how an sadistic idea like this can easily get out of control with people actually murdering the people on the list to advance thier placement in the game.

It's wrong in my opinion.
                      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

Comment

Originally posted by Orange_Crush21
                        I don't know, this is so morbid that it's actually has me intrigued. Thanks Perry.
                        No problemo, mang!

Comment

This game lacks a moral conviction.

Is essence, you are profiting from a persons death.

Comment

Working...
                          X