Anyone here own an Iphone 3G??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here own an Iphone 3G??

I am looking to get a new phone but am unsure about the AT&T coverage. I have heard nightmare stories of dropped calls but not sure what it's like here in Denver. So, if anyone has it, what are the pros and cons. Thanks for your help.

dont have one but i wish i did i love my ipod touch and it woul be amazing if it was the iphone, there is no way i could afford the 80ish dollar a month phone bill though

cingular/at&t is a pretty good company though
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
      dont have one but i wish i did i love my ipod touch and it woul be amazing if it was the iphone, there is no way i could afford the 80ish dollar a month phone bill though

cingular/at&t is a pretty good company though
      Same here.

The phone bill is extremely expensive, especially for a poor college stud like me.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
        Same here.

The phone bill is extremely expensive, especially for a poor college student like me.
        Fixed that for you. We wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
          Fixed that for you. We wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression
          indeed
          getting people hyped for nothing is wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            I am looking to get a new phone but am unsure about the AT&T coverage. I have heard nightmare stories of dropped calls but not sure what it's like here in Denver. So, if anyone has it, what are the pros and cons. Thanks for your help.
            Well, I live off of Syracuse and Uinta (Yale), and we had to cancel our coverage from AT&T because we hardly ever could make or receive a call in our house, our yard, hell, even our block.
            There were also all KINDS of dead zones around the city.

IMO, ATT service in Denver is terrible, and the 3G network in most areas besides downtown and greater metro is even worse.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              Well, I live off of Syracuse and Uinta (Yale), and we had to cancel our coverage from AT&T because we hardly ever could make or receive a call in our house, our yard, hell, even our block.
              There were also all KINDS of dead zones around the city.

IMO, ATT service in Denver is terrible, and the 3G network in most areas besides downtown and greater metro is even worse.
              Thanks for the info! I guess I will wait to see if it comes to Verizon. Hopefully all of the problems with AT&T will make Apple decide to open it up to other carriers.

Comment

I have an iPhone 3G and to be completely honest, I think it's way overrated. I'm not aware of any dropped calls. And, like someone previously mentioned, the AT&T network isn't as good as advertised (more bars in more places? please....talk about false advertisement). It's worked fine in the metropolitan areas but if you ever find yourself in a suburban area, don't expect to have more bars in more places.

I'll give it one thing though, it's a lot more durable than it appears. I've dropped it a myriad of times and it still functions like it is brand new.

Comment

well I just ordered a used Blackberry 7100g off of ebay for $67, and the auction says it's in Mint Condition, and came with a home charger, car charger, usb pc cable, owners manual, and software.

I had a Samsung SGH-T619 flip phone. This is the second Samsung I've owned, and it's also the FINAL Samsung phone I will own. It's only a year and a half old, and it's a piece of junk. It tells me i cant send text messages because of low reception, but yet i have 5 full bars of service. then if i dial a phone number, sometimes it will act like its dialing the number, but the call never goes through, just hear dead air.

my brother has one of them Apple IPhones, he loves it, and I wouldn't mind having one, but the prices are ridiculous for them.

I'll let you know how my new blackberry works out.

Comment

Well me and my sister were both looking to getting an Iphone 3G.

Took a look at the monthly AT&T cost, and that suited us well.

Saw the price of the Phone (8G) - 199 bucks. Still okay.

Plan for 2 = 59.99 a month

But the data plan which you must to have = 30 dollars a month

Unlimited texting = 20 dollars a month.

Don't forget the activation fee of 35 dollars!

What in the hell? How do some of these Iphone owners afford all this??

I think I'll pass... That is just pathetic. I might as well flush my money down the toilet after a #2.

Comment

can you get it jailbroken? i have the original Iphone and use T-mobile on it but i dont know if the 3G can be jailbroken.

But the phone itself is awesome with all the apps.
                      sigpic

Comment

btw anyone know if its possible to get appstore on a jailbroken iphone?

i dont have it on mine and have to use the "installer" app but i really want it as the appstore has way more games/apps that are better, though i still like these 3rd party apps as they're free for the most part.
                        sigpic

Comment

don't buy an iphone just yet.
                          they are working on creating one w/ a slide-out keyboard . but imo, touchscreen's suck when it comes to typing things.
                          i would wait until they have a more practical phone before signing onto a binding at&t iphone contract. even if it does take year or two to release the better iphone i'd still wait. unless you like typing on touchscreen's?
                          Originally posted by armybroncofan
                          ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
                          Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

Thanks for the info! I guess I will wait to see if it comes to Verizon. Hopefully all of the problems with AT&T will make Apple decide to open it up to other carriers.
                            Verizon has the new blackberry, which I hear is just as good, if not better than the Apple...

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                              Verizon has the new blackberry, which I hear is just as good, if not better than the Apple...
                              omg ...nothing is better than Apple
                              Originally posted by armybroncofan
                              ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
                              Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

Working...
                              X