Anyone here own an Iphone 3G??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I am looking to get a new phone but am unsure about the AT&T coverage. I have heard nightmare stories of dropped calls but not sure what it's like here in Denver. So, if anyone has it, what are the pros and cons. Thanks for your help.
    I have an iPhone 3G, I'm using it now to reply to this thread. I love it but truthfully I like Verizon's overall coverage better (phone wise).

For Internet I have my home networks password stored so I surf using my own wi-fi. Away from home I try to hop on a free wi-fi connection, if not 3G is not so bad (if available), if it goes to edge it really sucks!

I find it useful most of the times, the only annoying thing is it will exit apps or the browser for no apperent reason. On apple forums some have stated this is due to it running out of virtual memory or something similar. Also it is very expensive but I was paying an arm and leg for my verizon service, at the end of the I'm paying about the same as I was with verizon.

I would have got the Google Andriod phone (G1) but I don't like T-Mobile, plus they don't have roll over minutes.

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
      Verizon has the new blackberry, which I hear is just as good, if not better than the Apple...
      no way...i heard the storm has a lot of problems (more than the iphone) and it doesnt offer as much as the iphone (like all the cool apps)
      sigpic

Comment

Nice bump here...

But I am a proud owner of an Iphone.

Comment

I live in Western Colorado and I have an AT&T personal phone and a Verizon work phone. In this part of the state AT&T coverage pwns(look Jet, Cinny, and B4 I learned to use pwns properly ) Verizons. Honestly it isn't even close. But, I have a question. Is the 3G service different than the normal AT&T service I have on my 15 month old BlackBerry Curve? I don't know a lot about this stuff.

Comment

I've got a 3G Iphone, and I really like it. I haven't had any problems with dropped calls, I'm up in the middle of Wisconsin. When I was first reading up on the Iphone, I wasn't very happy with the price of the plans, but I bite the bullet and got one. I'm happy I did.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
              Nice bump here...

But I am a proud owner of an Iphone.
              me too

it definitely is an accomplishment
              sigpic

Comment

I just wish I had a phone period
                sigpic

Comment

I've had an iPhone 3G now for about 2 months, before I had the Blackberry Curve.. The iPhone is amazing.. I only pay 45 dollars a month through AT&T.. 10 dollars for the phone bill, 5 dollars for unlimited text, and then 30 dollars for the data package..(I'm still on my parents family plan) hah.. Anyways I originally had the Razr, and then got the AT&T Crossfire touchscreen and hated it, so I traded it in for the Curve, and had the Curve for about a month and said screw this thing I'm getting an iPhone, and I'm sooo glad I did..I'll never go back to any other phone.. I highly reccommend it to anyone who is looking for a new phone.. And the best part about it is that even though it seems really high tec and everything its actually pretty simple to learn how to use..

Comment

Working...
                  X