Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a tree falls in the forest......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If a tree falls in the forest......

    "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" This could be the source of our debate but I like George Carlin's take on it for our exercise....it goes like this:

    "If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear it, is he still wrong?"

    I say yes, because my wife can read my mind, and therefore even when I don't speak, I am wrong.

    Any thoughts on this?

  • #2
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" This could be the source of our debate but I like George Carlin's take on it for our exercise....it goes like this:

    "If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear it, is he still wrong?"

    I say yes, because my wife can read my mind, and therefore even when I don't speak, I am wrong.

    Any thoughts on this?

    I'll agree with you. If I speak. I'm wrong. If I don't speak. I'm wrong.

    At least according to Mrs Jet.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
      I'll agree with you. If I speak. I'm wrong. If I don't speak. I'm wrong.

      At least according to Mrs Jet.
      Sorry Jet, but you must be wrong, because Mrs Jet is right...as is Mrs CanDB (funny name isn't it??) as is Mrs Anyone.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" This could be the source of our debate but I like George Carlin's take on it for our exercise....it goes like this:

        "If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear it, is he still wrong?"

        I say yes, because my wife can read my mind, and therefore even when I don't speak, I am wrong.

        Any thoughts on this?
        I think the real question is, if a woman is speaking and there is no man to hear it, is she still nagging?

        *looks over shoulder and sees Mrs Chazoe* Ummmm just kidding

        Yes I will take care of that right now.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
          I think the real question is, if a woman is speaking and there is no man to hear it, is she still nagging?

          *looks over shoulder and sees Mrs Chazoe* Ummmm just kidding

          Yes I will take care of that right now.
          Just a sec......."what's that Mrs CanDB......you're right"......anyway, I got to run chaz, something I have to do before I go to bed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
            I think the real question is, if a woman is speaking and there is no man to hear it, is she still nagging?

            *looks over shoulder and sees Mrs Chazoe* Ummmm just kidding

            Yes I will take care of that right now.
            reminds me of a joke:

            A man dies and goes to heaven.

            When he gets there he sees two gates. The first one is marked with a sign that reads "Hen-pecked husbands" the second is marked "Un-hen-pecked husbands"

            The first line has a line of men that stretches as far as he can see, while the second line has only one man in it.

            Confused as to witch line he should be in, he approaches the lone man standing in front of the gate marked "Un-hen-pecked husbands."

            "So I noticed that you're the only guy in this line. How come you're not in the other line with everyone else," he asked.

            "My wife told me to stand here," the man replied.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" This could be the source of our debate but I like George Carlin's take on it for our exercise....it goes like this:

              "If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear it, is he still wrong?"

              I say yes, because my wife can read my mind, and therefore even when I don't speak, I am wrong.

              Any thoughts on this?
              hell no he's not wrong. she's wrong for reading your mind.

              women are wrong period.

              if they didn't have a cooter on 'em, there'd be a bounty on their heads.

              if a woman enters my house, she does what I say, when I say, or she finds herself looking for a new place to live.

              she cooks, cleans, and makes me happy. in return, i provide a roof over her head, clothes on her back, take her out every once in awhile.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                hell no he's not wrong. she's wrong for reading your mind.

                women are wrong period.

                if they didn't have a cooter on 'em, there'd be a bounty on their heads.

                if a woman enters my house, she does what I say, when I say, or she finds herself looking for a new place to live.

                she cooks, cleans, and makes me happy. in return, i provide a roof over her head, clothes on her back, take her out every once in awhile.
                Single, huh?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                  Single, huh?
                  nope. i just have a set of balls, and keep my woman in check.

                  most times its the woman that keeps her man in check.

                  i cant tell you how many friends ive had, whose woman wouldn't let them go out on a friday night with me and our other friends, and he was too afraid to tell her sorry but im going out.

                  saw it with all of my friends but two. and i'll be damned if some woman is telling me what I can or can't do.

                  and if she don't like, i just point to the door and tell her not to let it hit her in the ass on the way out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes it makes a sound. Since a sound is frequency, and such a frequency a tree hitting the ground is emitted when one object strikes another.

                    I hate this question, long debated question in my philosophy class.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                      Yes it makes a sound. Since a sound is frequency, and such a frequency a tree hitting the ground is emitted when one object strikes another.

                      I hate this question, long debated question in my philosophy class.
                      wrong question, BA...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                        wrong question, BA...
                        Well I can't answer for the other question, I gave up all rights when I went down on her, some where in the contract.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                          Well I can't answer for the other question, I gave up all rights when I went down on her, some where in the contract.


                          when's the wedding anyway Andy? And are we invited?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                            nope. i just have a set of balls, and keep my woman in check.

                            most times its the woman that keeps her man in check.

                            i cant tell you how many friends ive had, whose woman wouldn't let them go out on a friday night with me and our other friends, and he was too afraid to tell her sorry but im going out.

                            saw it with all of my friends but two. and i'll be damned if some woman is telling me what I can or can't do.

                            and if she don't like, i just point to the door and tell her not to let it hit her in the ass on the way out.
                            You may not want to repeat this story too many times in your life.......

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              You may not want to repeat this story too many times in your life.......
                              yup... he's single...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X