Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My rant on college

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by West View Post
    Yall's schools are boo boo. We had that type of stuff in high school. I got College Algebra, English Comp 1, Humanities and American History done with during my Senior year in high school.
    Yea most kids at College Prep schools get that done during their Junior year, the crazy one's try to take summer classes and get it done before their Junior year. Apart from English Comp I, which has to be taken Senior year only, of course.
    I was the slacker at that school...in fact my whole year was full of slackers. I just took all honors courses. and then one AP course...Art History.
    I hated HS. I hate thinking about it. Being surrounded by a bunch of stuck up ass wipes for 2.5 years is not fun.
    Originally posted by armybroncofan
    ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
      Yea most kids at College Prep schools get that done during their Junior year, the crazy one's try to take summer classes and get it done before their Junior year. Apart from English Comp I, which has to be taken Senior year only, of course.
      I was the slacker at that school...in fact my whole year was full of slackers. I just took all honors courses. and then one AP course...Art History.
      I hated HS. I hate thinking about it. Being surrounded by a bunch of stuck up ass wipes for 2.5 years is not fun.


      So this was you in high school? I can understand your discontent.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by West View Post


        So this was you in high school? I can understand your discontent.
        haha no I was one of the best dressed at my HS, well second to one of the other girls at school [but she could afford designer wear...which I think is cheating]. I actually cared about smelling nice, being clean and wearing nice clothes that flattered me...and no my clothes didn't cost me a fortune.

        I'm South Asian...we know how to dress ourselves.
        Originally posted by armybroncofan
        ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
        Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

        Comment


        • #19
          I'm weird, I miss high school. I miss theatre. I was a theatre geek. I kept a full schedule up until my senior year. Senior year was a breeze. I only need 2.5 credits to graduate by then. So I had five classes and only two of them I needed.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
            I'm weird, I miss high school. I miss theatre. I was a theatre geek. I kept a full schedule up until my senior year. Senior year was a breeze. I only need 2.5 credits to graduate by then. So I had five classes and only two of them I needed.
            ah the theatre geeks for the most part were full of the nice artsy kids. lol

            I was in yearbook my sophomore year [loved it!!!] when I was attending public school. Left after that year...I really don't understand why I decided to leave that school. Oh well. Everything happens for a reason.
            Originally posted by armybroncofan
            ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
            Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
              haha no I was one of the best dressed at my HS, well second to one of the other girls at school [but she could afford designer wear...which I think is cheating]. I actually cared about smelling nice, being clean and wearing nice clothes that flattered me...and no my clothes didn't cost me a fortune.

              I'm South Asian...we know how to dress ourselves.
              And hey! You won't have to spend money going to the nail salon to get your nails done! I know all about you South Asians.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                I'm weird, I miss high school. I miss theatre. I was a theatre geek.
                Whaaaaaaaaattttttttttt thhhhhhheeeeeeee helllllllllllllllll

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by West View Post
                  And hey! You won't have to spend money going to the nail salon to get your nails done! I know all about you South Asians.
                  Well I'm Indian, to be exact.

                  So yea I don't really know where you were going w/ that comment?
                  Originally posted by armybroncofan
                  ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
                  Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Wow you guys have some weird high schools. My question is were they small schools? My high school was pretty big, california. I think it was like 2k kids there. It had no drama at all. There were groups (bando's, mexicans, blacks, whites, whites, whites, whites, armenians, asians, YU GI OH, football) but there was no intertwining of them. My group was mixed with white armenian mexican football asian black and bandos. We didn't get involved in drama at school, but there wasn't much. Yeah there was drinking and smoking but it wasn't all, YOU DON'T SMOKE? ***... It was more like, im smoking...


                    Now I'm in college, (never smoked or binge drank), no drama here either, although there is a little more now that our hs groups have intertwined sort of and now we are known as those from so-and-so hs instead of the bando's or etc..

                    Its still pretty cool though. I'm fine with the way I am looked at by others and it's not as much drama as they make it out to be.




                    also go to college you dumbass, i don't know what you expected to get out of this thread. You wanted people to say don't go and agree with you? Sorry for the name calling but cmon man, stop crying. Go to school, get the piece of paper and get a good job that you don't rely fully on.


                    Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
                    Well I'm Indian, to be exact.

                    So yea I don't really know where you were going w/ that comment?
                    I think he was thinking east asian... sorry on his part.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
                      Well I'm Indian, to be exact.

                      So yea I don't really know where you were going w/ that comment?
                      *Whush* Over your head. Usually Vietnamese type people are the nail people in those type of places. You said you were South Asian so I put two and two together and got nothing.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                        Wow you guys have some weird high schools. My question is were they small schools? My high school was pretty big, california. I think it was like 2k kids there. It had no drama at all. There were groups (bando's, mexicans, blacks, whites, whites, whites, whites, armenians, asians, YU GI OH, football) but there was no intertwining of them. My group was mixed with white armenian mexican football asian black and bandos. We didn't get involved in drama at school, but there wasn't much. Yeah there was drinking and smoking but it wasn't all, YOU DON'T SMOKE? ***... It was more like, im smoking...


                        Now I'm in college, (never smoked or binge drank), no drama here either, although there is a little more now that our hs groups have intertwined sort of and now we are known as those from so-and-so hs instead of the bando's or etc..

                        Its still pretty cool though. I'm fine with the way I am looked at by others and it's not as much drama as they make it out to be.




                        also go to college you dumbass, i don't know what you expected to get out of this thread. You wanted people to say don't go and agree with you? Sorry for the name calling but cmon man, stop crying. Go to school, get the piece of paper and get a good job that you don't rely fully on.
                        I went to 2 different HS's.
                        One public and one was private.
                        Public school was awesome apart from the rednecks.
                        Private school was ridiculous. nothing to like about it...private school kids love gossip and doing insane amounts of drugs...dropping acid was a popular one when I attended...so b/c i never did drugs or drank alcohol or joined in the gossip i was never befriended...lol
                        Originally posted by armybroncofan
                        ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
                        Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                          Wow you guys have some weird high schools. My question is were they small schools? My high school was pretty big, california. I think it was like 2k kids there. It had no drama at all. There were groups (bando's, mexicans, blacks, whites, whites, whites, whites, armenians, asians, YU GI OH, football) but there was no intertwining of them. My group was mixed with white armenian mexican football asian black and bandos. We didn't get involved in drama at school, but there wasn't much. Yeah there was drinking and smoking but it wasn't all, YOU DON'T SMOKE? ***... It was more like, im smoking...


                          Now I'm in college, (never smoked or binge drank), no drama here either, although there is a little more now that our hs groups have intertwined sort of and now we are known as those from so-and-so hs instead of the bando's or etc..

                          Its still pretty cool though. I'm fine with the way I am looked at by others and it's not as much drama as they make it out to be.




                          also go to college you dumbass, i don't know what you expected to get out of this thread. You wanted people to say don't go and agree with you? Sorry for the name calling but cmon man, stop crying. Go to school, get the piece of paper and get a good job that you don't rely fully on.




                          I think he was thinking east asian... sorry on his part.

                          No. Vietnam is in South Asia.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
                            I went to 2 different HS's.
                            One public and one was private.
                            Public school was awesome apart from the rednecks.
                            Private school was ridiculous. nothing to like about it...private school kids love gossip and doing insane amounts of drugs...dropping acid was a popular one when I attended...so b/c i never did drugs or drank alcohol or joined in the gossip i was never befriended...lol
                            Everybody, we got a loner!

                            You need to pick up mary jane. Its my DOC.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
                              I went to 2 different HS's.
                              One public and one was private.
                              Public school was awesome apart from the rednecks.
                              Private school was ridiculous. nothing to like about it...private school kids love gossip and doing insane amounts of drugs...dropping acid was a popular one when I attended...so b/c i never did drugs or drank alcohol or joined in the gossip i was never befriended...lol
                              I would have been an outcast with you, sort of. Never drank, or did drugs, but I did join in the gossip.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                                I would have been an outcast with you, sort of. Never drank, or did drugs, but I did join in the gossip.
                                Goodness gracious alive. Who are you people and what have you done with the normal people?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X