• Peerless
    replied
    Dudes... I'm totally ready for summer.

Seriously....

Leave a comment:

• Sparky The Sun Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    You guys spend too much money on books..

Do you guys buy them directly from the bookstore they have at your college? Because if you do than I'd suggest you buy books from online sources like Half.com or Amazon.com. I literally saved 100 bucks because of it.
    heres the issue, all my books are written by the school, and each set comes with online codes for homework, so you have no choice but to buy the bundles of brand new stuff. theres no way around it this semester.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Originally posted by IA_Broncosfan53 View Post
    xX, when the books are constantly updated (bc your professors make $$$ on it) you cant buy used books.

For example, my accounting book cost over $200 for the fall semester, brand new edition. For this spring semester, the publisher updated editions, so I am stuck selling the one semester used book on amazon for 20-30 bucks.

I use amazon as much as I can. I saved quite on a big on my next accounting class book buying it used online.
    That sucks so much. I haven't run into that problem yet so I had no idea even though I should have assumed that much but I've heard people complaining about stuff like this at my University and they buy all their books new from the college bookstore when they could have bought them used online.

Leave a comment:

• IA_Broncosfan53
    replied
    xX, when the books are constantly updated (bc your professors make $$$ on it) you cant buy used books.

For example, my accounting book cost over $200 for the fall semester, brand new edition. For this spring semester, the publisher updated editions, so I am stuck selling the one semester used book on amazon for 20-30 bucks.

I use amazon as much as I can. I saved quite on a big on my next accounting class book buying it used online.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    You guys spend too much money on books..

Do you guys buy them directly from the bookstore they have at your college? Because if you do than I'd suggest you buy books from online sources like Half.com or Amazon.com. I literally saved 100 bucks because of it.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    $500+ = Four textbooks??

What a crock of crap.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Attend CSU by chance from your former BVP love?
    Yes, yes I do.

Leave a comment:

• IA_Broncosfan53
    replied
    Originally posted by BVP View Post
    Haha, actually i'm a History major.
    Attend CSU by chance from your former BVP love?

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    What are ya, an english major?
    Haha, actually i'm a History major.

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    Ok searched and got this thread anyways...

Why the hell do professors cancel f'ing classes without any single kind of notice???

She basically just put up a paper on the door saying "I'm sick guys no class today" well I have to drive 30 minutes to get to school lady and 3o minutes back why couldn't you have posted something up on the schools message board or email us something!!!!

Lazy professors make me want to punch a baby right on the kidney...
    It happens much too often.

I had a once a week class, 6-9pm

Had to drive 40 minutes, find parking, walk to the class only to find out that he changed his classroom. So i went 10 doors down and on this door it says he's sick... lol

2 step process to figure out he's sick.

My semester begins on thursday, weird... so i haven't bought any books yet.

I will report how much it is this year. Sometimes i don't buy the book and i still get a good grade, so don't think its a requirement sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• IA_Broncosfan53
    replied
    Originally posted by BVP View Post
    Thats crazy. So far this semester I have only paid $20 and I got 2 books.
    What are ya, an english major?

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
    I just spent 600 on books for 4 classes
    Thats crazy. So far this semester I have only paid $20 and I got 2 books.

Leave a comment:

• IA_Broncosfan53
    replied
    I spent $500 last semester for 4 books, and the professors here at Iowa claim they reinvest their royalties into the university. Id like to see proof...

btw 1990, college is awesome

Leave a comment:

• draco193
    replied
    Professors not enforcing prereqs for classes. I dont understand why people sign up for a class they dont have the prereq for in the first place, but, enforce it damn it. Almsot didnt get into a class this semester because of that.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky The Sun Devil
    replied
    I just spent 600 on books for 4 classes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X