Baby, it's cold outside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby, it's cold outside!

-14 F here this morning with windchills coming in at -36. *brrrrrrrr* :shake:

Supposed to get all the way up to -2 for the high temperature today.
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
    FF is awesome!

17 F with a 5 mph wind

not too bad today... a lil flurries here...

hopefully we get a blizzard.. sun mon tues they are calling for snow
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

It's -13 right now, with a windchill of -35.

I had to walk to lecture in this crap, and right now I can't feel my toes.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
        It's -13 right now, with a windchill of -35.

I had to walk to lecture in this crap, and right now I can't feel my toes.
        Are you sure you still have toes?
        FF is awesome!

Comment

I'm in a heat wave compared to you guys. It's 26 here in Denver with the wind chill it's 26. Supposed to be 56 tomorrow!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
            I'm in a heat wave compared to you guys. It's 26 here in Denver with the wind chill it's 26. Supposed to be 56 tomorrow!
            And it supposed to be 60 degrees on Monday!

Thx,
            Joe
            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

YES!!!! BRRRR!!

MINNEAPOLIS -- Wear hats and mittens. Bring pets indoors. Insulate pipes. Keep the elderly and children inside.

Those are the latest bits of advice from the National Weather Service on Thursday, as Minnesota remains trapped in a bitter cold spell.

Nearly all of the state is under a wind chill warning, and schools in nearly 200 communities statewide are closing or starting late.

The lowest temperature Thursday morning was a brutal 38 degrees below zero in Fosston, which is in northwestern Minnesota, about 65 miles northeast of Moorhead.

It was 23.1 degrees below in Duluth, with a wind chill of negative 47.

It was 21 degrees below zero at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, but the wind chill made it feel like 40 below zero.
              The last time we were in this arctic arena it was 5 years ago in January of 2004.

OK, who wants to come visit me in Minnesota?

Comment

Originally posted by Missin#7 View Post
                YES!!!! BRRRR!!

MINNEAPOLIS -- Wear hats and mittens. Bring pets indoors. Insulate pipes. Keep the elderly and children inside.

Those are the latest bits of advice from the National Weather Service on Thursday, as Minnesota remains trapped in a bitter cold spell.

Nearly all of the state is under a wind chill warning, and schools in nearly 200 communities statewide are closing or starting late.

The lowest temperature Thursday morning was a brutal 38 degrees below zero in Fosston, which is in northwestern Minnesota, about 65 miles northeast of Moorhead.

It was 23.1 degrees below in Duluth, with a wind chill of negative 47.

It was 21 degrees below zero at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, but the wind chill made it feel like 40 below zero.
                The last time we were in this arctic arena it was 5 years ago in January of 2004.

OK, who wants to come visit me in Minnesota?
                I DOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Not really. I was pitching a can about how cold it is here in Oklahoma....but compared to y'all, we have a heat wave. It was 9 degrees when I left this morning, and it's supposed to get up to 20, last I heard. Oh, and it's supposed to be 65 on Saturday.
                I adopted Peanut!!!
                Adopted by *Atwater*!!!

I'm UNDEFEATED at Broncos games!!!!

12/06/09 @ Kansas City: W 44-13

sigpic

Comment

My face was frozen solid on the way to class this morning.

Global Warming my ass.
                  A book I wrote

Comment

Luckily, I was all bundled up. I was still a little chilly even under 2 coats, 3 layers of pants, scarf, gloves, and ski cap. I saw a poor old woman at the bus stop in a wheelchair, wanting to go to the North Classroom Building (which was just down the street), and she was catching the bus because she couldn't push her chair anymore, for her fingers being so cold and numb. So being as warm as I was, and since I was heading that direction anyway, I offered to push her to class.

We made it. We talked a bit about various things, and she thanked me upon arriving at the building. Then I caught a bus and came the rest of the way to work.

There's my good deed for the day. Now then, back to trying to take over the world.
                    I adopted Peanut!!!
                    Adopted by *Atwater*!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by osubroncos86 View Post
                      Luckily, I was all bundled up. I was still a little chilly even under 2 coats, 3 layers of pants, scarf, gloves, and ski cap. I saw a poor old woman at the bus stop in a wheelchair, wanting to go to the North Classroom Building (which was just down the street), and she was catching the bus because she couldn't push her chair anymore, for her fingers being so cold and numb. So being as warm as I was, and since I was heading that direction anyway, I offered to push her to class.

We made it. We talked a bit about various things, and she thanked me upon arriving at the building. Then I caught a bus and came the rest of the way to work.

There's my good deed for the day. Now then, back to trying to take over the world.
                      That’s the nicest thing I heard today. You’re a good guy :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by KatieElway7 View Post
                        That’s the nicest thing I heard today. You’re a good guy :thumb:
                        Katie, I agree.

:salute!: to osu!

We're not in the negative digits. With the wind chill, we should be tomorrow.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Thanks for the s!

The sad thing, though, is that when I offered to take her, the other two people at the bus stop just looked at me like I was a lunatic. I guess doing nice things for people is just not the thing to do today, I dunno.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. What are the temps like where everyone else is? Oklahoma's in a heat wave compared to some of the temps we've heard thus far.
                          I adopted Peanut!!!
                          Adopted by *Atwater*!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                            Katie, I agree.

:salute!: to osu!

We're not in the negative digits. With the wind chill, we should be tomorrow.
                            There was a thin layer of snow on the ground this morning where I am, you getting any and do you know if any snow systems are moving through MD? I am still waiting for a REAL snowfall.

And yes, I'm too lazy to look up the weather

:brick:
                            A book I wrote

Comment

osu. Not hijacked at all, imo.

It has warmed up quite a bit today after I started the thread. It's actually -8 out right now. :brick: Cold is ok, but "flesh freezing cold" like they were calling it on the news is not ok.
                              FF is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X