Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many people hate the Coffee emoticon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the coffee guy

i use it in THE CAFE cuz im usually in there drinking coffee and reading the paper

people that dont like it probably want a capppachino smilie **shrugs**
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

This comes up every now and then...

Little doubt that it's mostly used as a sarcastic "yeah, whatever". But, sometimes I see it (and use it) as a "Hey, just sitting here browsing Broncos Country in the morning while I sip my coffee." I'm sure that can be confusing sometimes.

Maybe I'm being a little too literal in my interpretation in this image driven world.

Sometimes I find the paper smiley :paper: to be just as intriguing and ambiguous.

All in all I love the coffee!!!
      Winter is Coming!

Comment

I like how he has a never ending cup of coffee and it's always hott. He never eats or spends time with his smiley kids. He just drinks coffee and reads the same page of the newspaper without turning the page.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
          I like how he has a never ending cup of coffee and it's always hott. He never eats or spends time with his smiley kids. He just drinks coffee and reads the same page of the newspaper without turning the page.
          Very astute observation, L30!

We can also surmise that it's morning in Smileyland - not only because of the coffee and newspaper, but also because of his half-closed eyelids. (Either that or he's stoned. Is that his medical marijuana policy & rules sheet in his hands?)

Notice too that he's not actually reading. He's staring at the same spot on the page, blows on his cup with his eyes closed, and returns his gaze to the exact same spot!!! Playboy maybe?

More than meets the eye with this one...

The more I think about it - - - there isn't a better smiley. The people that don't like just don't have an imagination!
          Winter is Coming!

Comment

but what is he trying to say right before he takes a sip of coffee???

i think he's saying "chargers suck" but thats just me
            sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post

I'd go crazy having to read that for eternity!

Besides the Trolls: What NOT to feed them section. That might be interesting.
                sigpic

Comment

I think it has more to do with the world being full of lemmings. One person says he/she doesn't like it and another reads that. They then dont' want to be left out so they don't like it. Then next hting you know it's a big fur ball of those lemmings rolling over the cliff to certain doom..... but then... that's my 2 cents.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                    I think it has more to do with the world being full of lemmings. One person says he/she doesn't like it and another reads that. They then dont' want to be left out so they don't like it. Then next hting you know it's a big fur ball of those lemmings rolling over the cliff to certain doom..... but then... that's my 2 cents.
                    If ebsoria puts in his 2 cents, then I want to also. I think that the world is full of lemons too. Sour ones.
                    sigpic

Comment

Some people just don’t understand it (flatlander). I think it’s funny.

Now, this one….. really annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        If ebsoria puts in his 2 cents, then I want to also. I think that the world is full of lemons too. Sour ones.
                        picks up 4 cents....

IM RICH @@@@@
                        sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
                          picks up 4 cents....

IM RICH @@@@@
                          Don't spend it all in one place.
                          sigpic

Comment

See! That's the spirit! Let's get this train rollin as we serve lemonade.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Add some water, sugar, and LSD and you got this tasty lemonade.

Comment

The one I hate the most is.............

It's the same as but with a stupid crooked birthday hat. I want kick that thing in the face.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X