• Show
Clear All

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
    30 years

jk
    LMAO!

Yep. I graduated high school in 1980 and I'm old enough to be most of ya'll's dad. Or even grandpa!

And I'm still damn good and young looking.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    It won't be awkward... unless your friends with Staisu.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    If anyone wants to add me as a friend on facebook (I already have quite a few Bmania friends) send me a PM.

I would love to add ya! :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• KatieElway7
    replied
    Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
    I have a myspace account. So it's the popular thing to do.
    myspace= ghetto facebook

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    facebook is the only way to stalk the hotties

jk, but as others have said you can limit who see your profile from everyone on FB, to people in your "network", or just your friends.

i like it, makes it a lot easier to stay in touch with friends that you are not extremely close with.
    We know you're not kidding..... That's the only reason I signed up for facebook was to see what my ex was up too--but you can't see profiles unless you're their friend All I could see is who his friends were.... I don't like that, it was a total waste of time.

And wow, I sound like a serious stalker right now I swear I'm not, I'm just nosy!

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    :laugh

I know exactly what you mean. Some of the names I see make me say huh? Some of those classmates were people I couldn't stand then and now they want to be buddies almost 30 years later? :rolleyes

I suppose for someone like me that doesn't live in the same town or state, it might make sense because like you, I can't just "run into someone". Although that has happened when we visit mom in Colorado. The old stomping grounds.
    30 years

jk

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    yeah i wouldnt pay any site a fee to chat with people...

i just rather run into an old friend, face to face, and chat than get hit up by a few hundred people i didnt care for then and dont wanna care for now...

heck i just recently ran into 2 buddies the other week and we threw down a few drinks and chatted the night away... thats something id rather do than chat on the net

some people think that just cuz you went to the same school you need to talk with them years later... :nono: unless they are hot of course

I know exactly what you mean. Some of the names I see make me say huh? Some of those classmates were people I couldn't stand then and now they want to be buddies almost 30 years later?

I suppose for someone like me that doesn't live in the same town or state, it might make sense because like you, I can't just "run into someone". Although that has happened when we visit mom in Colorado. The old stomping grounds.

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    That is the problem I have with classmates.com

I signed up on there eons ago when it first was created. I was like the 6th person or so for my class.

Now there are hundreds on there and I'm constantly getting emails that I have messages blah blah blah over there. Problem with that place is you have to pay a $30 fee every year to read them and chit chat.

Not gonna do it. :nono:

I'm about tempted to go remove myself from there.
    yeah i wouldnt pay any site a fee to chat with people...

i just rather run into an old friend, face to face, and chat than get hit up by a few hundred people i didnt care for then and dont wanna care for now...

heck i just recently ran into 2 buddies the other week and we threw down a few drinks and chatted the night away... thats something id rather do than chat on the net

some people think that just cuz you went to the same school you need to talk with them years later... :nono: unless they are hot of course

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    my older sister tried to get me to sign up for this... she recently did and has been in touch with most of our childhood, middle school, high school friends.. she went on to tell me about what some of the people are up to and that she chats with them regularly now...

my gf has one and her friends all have one... i guess i just not one of the "cool kids"...

i could care less about the name thing cuz my name is as common as they come and if you do a search youll probably see a few thousand...

its good and all to find some people i guess but then the rest of the rats come out as well and id just rather leave them be...
    That is the problem I have with classmates.com

I signed up on there eons ago when it first was created. I was like the 6th person or so for my class.

Now there are hundreds on there and I'm constantly getting emails that I have messages blah blah blah over there. Problem with that place is you have to pay a $30 fee every year to read them and chit chat.

Not gonna do it. :nono:

I'm about tempted to go remove myself from there.

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    Our daughter talked me into signing up on facebook.com.

Did so.

I was immediately shocked that an old friend and family immediatly popped up

Completed the process, found out she (on line at the same time) had already uploaded a picture into my photo album.

This requires first and last name and I'm not sure about this place.

I reviewed my friend and daughter's site and could see all of their activity.

Thoughts???
    my older sister tried to get me to sign up for this... she recently did and has been in touch with most of our childhood, middle school, high school friends.. she went on to tell me about what some of the people are up to and that she chats with them regularly now...

my gf has one and her friends all have one... i guess i just not one of the "cool kids"...

i could care less about the name thing cuz my name is as common as they come and if you do a search youll probably see a few thousand...

its good and all to find some people i guess but then the rest of the rats come out as well and id just rather leave them be...

Leave a comment:

• Snapping Turtle
    replied
    Like Brent said, facebook is more for the college+ crowd. I don't know any young kids who have one, while I know more younger kids who have Myspace. I didn't get one until I was coming to college, and same with my little brother.

My mom as one, my aunt has one...my uncle has one. I'm friends with some of my old teachers. I dunno. I think it is a pretty useful place. I get a lot of updates concerning whats going on at my University and stuff. Plus I get to talk to my mom pretty easily and that's nice since we are far away!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    Thoughts about what?
    I don't like facebook that much though.

I like myspace more.
    It pwns the n00bs IMO.
    Myspace ftw. :dance:

Although my Papacita has a facebook.

But eh.. I never got in to it much.
    The thought of putting in your first and last name. I guess I'm just paranoid a little bit about the identity thing.

*shrugs*

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Add me as a friend pa!

And facebook is safe. You can always edit your privacy settings to who can see your profile, pictures, information, etc.

It's more of a college networking site, so that's why you can see all of your info, photos, etc. College studs like me and Staisu have to be up on the news and buzz with their friends.
    So just type in Brent B4?

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    facebook is the only way to stalk the hotties

jk, but as others have said you can limit who see your profile from everyone on FB, to people in your "network", or just your friends.

i like it, makes it a lot easier to stay in touch with friends that you are not extremely close with.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Add me as a friend pa!

And facebook is safe. You can always edit your privacy settings to who can see your profile, pictures, information, etc.

It's more of a college networking site, so that's why you can see all of your info, photos, etc. College studs like me and Staisu have to be up on the news and buzz with their friends.

Leave a comment:

• Legendary30
    replied
    I have a myspace account. So it's the popular thing to do.

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied
    I have a facebook but I didnt sign up until the summer before I went off to college.

It is really convenient to stay in touch with old high school friends.

Although most people I knew had one set up by their sophomore year of highschool, idk I never saw the use for it till I went to college.

But there are security settings you can use such as limiting those who can view your profile and whatnot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X