No announcement yet.

Why doesn't minor league football work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't minor league football work?

Ok...I know this is football...but this topic doesn't really fit anywhere. I thought I'd put it here since it's been discussed here before. In case you've missed it, the United Football League has just announced plans to have a four team league this fall. http://www.cnbc.com//id/29097570 Also, the New USFL plans to start up in February 2010. newusfl.com I'd like to see both of these leagues make it. I didn't care for the XFL, but I liked the WLAF. However, if the past is any indicator, it seems both of these leagues are doomed to fail, and that the investors are being foolish because they are going to lose a bundle. America loves high school football, college football, and the NFL, but these leagues always fail. How come?

Originally posted by TheMarshall15 View Post
    Ok...I know this is football...but this topic doesn't really fit anywhere. I thought I'd put it here since it's been discussed here before. In case you've missed it, the United Football League has just announced plans to have a four team league this fall. http://www.cnbc.com//id/29097570 Also, the New USFL plans to start up in February 2010. newusfl.com I'd like to see both of these leagues make it. I didn't care for the XFL, but I liked the WLAF. However, if the past is any indicator, it seems both of these leagues are doomed to fail, and that the investors are being foolish because they are going to lose a bundle. America loves high school football, college football, and the NFL, but these leagues always fail. How come?
    Because in all reality, College football is minor league football. There are over a hundred (117?) Division 1-A Colleges that people can cheer for. Why would they support a league full of guys who couldn't make it in the NFL??? You are seeing a watered down product.
    sigpic

Comment

I think L30 hit that nail right on the head.
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
        I think L30 hit that nail right on the head.
        Yes he did… He was bound to get something right eventually

Comment

Originally posted by KatieElway7 View Post
          There are 2 theories involved;

1- Even a blind squirrell wil find a nut from time to time and

2- The spaghetti theroy... if you throw enought at the wall eventually one or two are bound to stick.

We love ya L30!!

Comment

Originally posted by KatieElway7 View Post
            Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
            There are 2 theories involved;

1- Even a blind squirrell wil find a nut from time to time and

2- The spaghetti theroy... if you throw enought at the wall eventually one or two are bound to stick.

We love ya L30!!
            I am sensing some playa hate'n going on up in here.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
              I am sensing some playa hate'n going on up in here.
              Playa hate'n? Naw.... not towards you. :go:

Comment

well, there was NFL Europe, which folded.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                  Because in all reality, College football is minor league football. There are over a hundred (117?) Division 1-A Colleges that people can cheer for. Why would they support a league full of guys who couldn't make it in the NFL??? You are seeing a watered down product.
                  well.. that was a pretty easy answer.

END OF THREAD.

Comment

injuries, pretty simple

it's the same reason minor league football would be a stupid idea, that's what college is for, why factor in minor league football into an already low avg. lifetime in a very violent sport that's avg. lifetime is 5 years as it is
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                      injuries, pretty simple

it's the same reason minor league football would be a stupid idea, that's what college is for, why factor in minor league football into an already low avg. lifetime in a very violent sport that's avg. lifetime is 5 years as it is
                      that's what i was gonna say....it's too rough physically

Comment

America loves high school football, college football, and the NFL, but these leagues always fail. How come?
                        the original usfl would have made it if donald trump hadn;t pushed for the league to compete head to head with the nfl

it was quality football with quality players

Comment

Working...
                        X