X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Newfie eh???? I mentioned this earlier, but they are very cool folks!!! Here's to the Newfies, for being so warm and so fun....

Yah, we're hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and surrounding area. Should be a blast!! Believe it or not our goal is to win the most medals. Hey, I guess that's a good place to start. But you know us, we're good on snow and ice, sort of like solid tires.....you know, good traction. And we are often heard saying to one another "get a grip"!!!
    2010, hunh? I'd really like to take the wife to see a bit of the games. Only the good Lord knows if any of the games will ever be on this continent again in my lifetime and I sure would like to say that I'd been to one, but if it's that close already, then I don't know if I'll be able to make it!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    Yeah, I was really surprised at how big Edmonton was. It's the only really major city in Canada that I've been to. I've always wanted to see Newfoundland, though. I met a "nooflender" that was stationed at Cold Lake AFB, and he made it sound pretty cool. Loved his accent too, although he claimed he had lost alot of it.

And I don't watch Michael Moorer anymore, unless I want to become dumber. I won't say anymore about that, because I'm sure it'd just be inviting political debate, and this is the wrong thread for that!!

Aren't you guys supposed to be hosting and upcoming Winter Olympics? When and where is that?
    Newfie eh???? I mentioned this earlier, but they are very cool folks!!! Here's to the Newfies, for being so warm and so fun....

Yah, we're hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and surrounding area. Should be a blast!! Believe it or not our goal is to win the most medals. Hey, I guess that's a good place to start. But you know us, we're good on snow and ice, sort of like solid tires.....you know, good traction. And we are often heard saying to one another "get a grip"!!!

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    You are a funny dude for sure.....and a well versed canucker as well. Amazing how a city (Edmonton) so far north was the hotbed for hockey back in the days of Gretzky and that stacked team. Cold Lake is way north. But fun can be found anywhere.

Some day (unless I missed something) you should go to some of our larger cities like Vancouver (make that many parts of British Columbia - beautiful province!!), Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and even my home town of Winnipeg (of over 700,000). Hit the Canadian Rockies, or venture out east to Nova Scotia or PEI or even the Rock (Newfoundland)......interesting landscape and wonderful people. We're small in comparison to the US, with just over 33 million folks, but Canada is huge in landsize, bodies of water, and big furry manimals.....

As for the unlocked doors.......didn't you see the Michael Moore doc about how Canadians don't lock their doors......hmmmmmm.......not quite!!!!

Yeah, I was really surprised at how big Edmonton was. It's the only really major city in Canada that I've been to. I've always wanted to see Newfoundland, though. I met a "nooflender" that was stationed at Cold Lake AFB, and he made it sound pretty cool. Loved his accent too, although he claimed he had lost alot of it.

And I don't watch Michael Moorer anymore, unless I want to become dumber. I won't say anymore about that, because I'm sure it'd just be inviting political debate, and this is the wrong thread for that!!

Aren't you guys supposed to be hosting and upcoming Winter Olympics? When and where is that?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    We always came prepared for anything.... including the raincoats!! So no little Canadian Jet's running around!! lol

And we used to say "Why not Minot?" Of course our answer was always "Freezin's the reason."

I also spent about 6 weeks in Cold Lake at the Air Force base up there during a multi-nation fighter exercise called Operation Maple Flag. THAT was one long 6 week drunk!! I was broke and had maxed out all my credit cards in that 6 weeks, but MAN! Did I have fun!!!

If you're not sure where Cold Lake is, it's about 2 hours NE of Edmonton, so I got to see the West Edmonton Mall as well, which sure as hell seems bigger than the Mall of America, but who knows, they're both so damn big that if you get lost, they have to send out search and rescue teams to find you!!

And if all those cars were stolen, then you damn Canucks need to learn how to lock the doors!!! Either that, or each town up there must only have a few cars and everyone just takes turn with them!! lol
    You are a funny dude for sure.....and a well versed canucker as well. Amazing how a city (Edmonton) so far north was the hotbed for hockey back in the days of Gretzky and that stacked team. Cold Lake is way north. But fun can be found anywhere.

Some day (unless I missed something) you should go to some of our larger cities like Vancouver (make that many parts of British Columbia - beautiful province!!), Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and even my home town of Winnipeg (of over 700,000). Hit the Canadian Rockies, or venture out east to Nova Scotia or PEI or even the Rock (Newfoundland)......interesting landscape and wonderful people. We're small in comparison to the US, with just over 33 million folks, but Canada is huge in landsize, bodies of water, and big furry manimals.....

As for the unlocked doors.......didn't you see the Michael Moore doc about how Canadians don't lock their doors......hmmmmmm.......not quite!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied

You are so bad Jet!!! I'm going to be looking for little Canadians that look like you.....and I will attest to one thing......Canadian women are fine indeed.

As for Minot......we used to say "Why not in Minot???" (wow weren't we creative).....we did have some fun there in a curling bonspiel...lots of beer and laughs.

What's even cooler is that you were very close to my turf, as Regina is just one province (equivalent to state) over, and the Turtle Mountains are part of Manitoba (my province). I love the western part of Manitoba, with a chain of small mountains, and some decent ski hills believe it or not.....

As for the driving, those were all stolen Canadian vehicles.......
    We always came prepared for anything.... including the raincoats!! So no little Canadian Jet's running around!! lol

And we used to say "Why not Minot?" Of course our answer was always "Freezin's the reason."

I also spent about 6 weeks in Cold Lake at the Air Force base up there during a multi-nation fighter exercise called Operation Maple Flag. THAT was one long 6 week drunk!! I was broke and had maxed out all my credit cards in that 6 weeks, but MAN! Did I have fun!!!

If you're not sure where Cold Lake is, it's about 2 hours NE of Edmonton, so I got to see the West Edmonton Mall as well, which sure as hell seems bigger than the Mall of America, but who knows, they're both so damn big that if you get lost, they have to send out search and rescue teams to find you!!

And if all those cars were stolen, then you damn Canucks need to learn how to lock the doors!!! Either that, or each town up there must only have a few cars and everyone just takes turn with them!! lol

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Can, you really are the man. I spent several years in Minot, ND and quite often made trips up to Regina, and camped out alot in the Turtle Mtns. It was about as sweet as camping trips ever got. There was a water park down the road, so we'd spend all day there, then get showered and go to the dance club nearby (yes, this was in the so-called mountains in the middle of nowhere, but it was a really popular vacation spot, so they had all the ammenities). After that, we'd go back to the camp, sit around the campfire, and then go invite the Canadian hotties several spaces down to our campfire. Sometimes we'd , sometimes we wouldn't, but it was always a good time. (I did one time hook up with a blond RCMP hottie!! Haha! I mounted that Mountie!)

So I just wanted to say, that I have dearly loved Canada, and she's loved me back on occasion.

I just have to say this about Canadians. You can't drive in the US. When driving around Minot, if you were to come across a really bad driver, one that made you mad enough to flip off, they inevitabley had Canadian license plates!!
    You are so bad Jet!!! I'm going to be looking for little Canadians that look like you.....and I will attest to one thing......Canadian women are fine indeed.

As for Minot......we used to say "Why not in Minot???" (wow weren't we creative).....we did have some fun there in a curling bonspiel...lots of beer and laughs.

What's even cooler is that you were very close to my turf, as Regina is just one province (equivalent to state) over, and the Turtle Mountains are part of Manitoba (my province). I love the western part of Manitoba, with a chain of small mountains, and some decent ski hills believe it or not.....

As for the driving, those were all stolen Canadian vehicles.......

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Can, you really are the man. I spent several years in Minot, ND and quite often made trips up to Regina, and camped out alot in the Turtle Mtns. It was about as sweet as camping trips ever got. There was a water park down the road, so we'd spend all day there, then get showered and go to the dance club nearby (yes, this was in the so-called mountains in the middle of nowhere, but it was a really popular vacation spot, so they had all the ammenities). After that, we'd go back to the camp, sit around the campfire, and then go invite the Canadian hotties several spaces down to our campfire. Sometimes we'd , sometimes we wouldn't, but it was always a good time. (I did one time hook up with a blond RCMP hottie!! :thumb: Haha! I mounted that Mountie!)

So I just wanted to say, that I have dearly loved Canada, and she's loved me back on occasion.

I just have to say this about Canadians. You can't drive in the US. When driving around Minot, if you were to come across a really bad driver, one that made you mad enough to flip off, they inevitabley had Canadian license plates!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
    holy colin powell, eh
    eh-men!!!!

Leave a comment:

• HurricaneDovs
    replied
    Canadian Appreciation of America Day!

Lol.
    Thanks Mr. CanDB. Hopefully the government will recognize this as an official holiday and it gets me out of having to go to school.

Also I think that on this day the US should broadcast the Naked News.

Leave a comment:

• Apoc13
    replied
    holy colin powell, eh

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    lip gloss?

I ship hobby rocket motors.

So do we get a BBQ on this Holiday? I went out and put up the flag!
    Just meant that security makes you package lip gloss before flying......thought that explosives sounded a little scarier than lip gloss

BBQ away!!!

Flags a-flyin:usa:

And if someone questions you......say everyday is a day worth celebrating, or at least it is one that allows you to see a better one coming!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Thanks Maniac....

Explosives.....hmmmmm......I am not trying to be too smart (not my best suit), but if I had to choose between explosives and lip gloss, I might just be a bit tougher one than the other.
    lip gloss?

I ship hobby rocket motors.

So do we get a BBQ on this Holiday? I went out and put up the flag! :usa:

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
    That would be me my bad salty I had a little to much to drink and was walking around the LR and thought it was the toilet.
    i knew i didnt eat any asparagus recently..

that would explain it :devil:

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    Did someone pee in your Wheaties this morning salty?
    i did..

thats the salty way of eatin cornflakes

SB.....you`re hurting the CanDB stock big time......not to mention I just printed up 1000`s of cards for the occasion.

I still expect you to cross that border, and smell the bacon. Although I don`t get your feelings towards hockey.....we keep dentists employed in countries all over the world, and fighting on skates is one alternative to street fights and that widely loved criminal sport - Ultimate Fighting!!!! Give Us a chance......if you cross the border you will see many, many smiling toothless faces, male and female, welcoming you. I will be easiest to spot, as I have a severe abnormality.......I think too positive!!!!

Come to Canada......enjoy the national sports.....shovelling, drinking Tim Horton`s coffee, falling backwards on the ice and seeing if you can avoid a concussion, catching hard, rubber objects in the mouth, playing with rocks, predicting how long it will take for your skin to freeze, loving the place so much that you fly somewhere (anywhere!!) every year to get away from it, try to set records for the number of golfers you can cram on a course once summer begins (lasting about two weeks in July), and lastly, watching all of the American reality shows thinking that`s `reality`.

Come on salty.....you buggah......buy Canadian!!!!
    i knew it..

your a true American at heart.. just trying to make a buck and lying thru your teeth to get it (insert hockey pun here)..

i wouldnt enjoy da local beer.. but i would bring some Guinness with me

i dont knwo what your talking about here but i want no part in it..

"catching hard, rubber objects in the mouth," :nono:

the sick and twisted things you canadian peeps do.. but to each there own

Leave a comment:

• *Atwater*
    replied
    Did someone pee in your Wheaties this morning salty?
    That would be me my bad salty I had a little to much to drink and was walking around the LR and thought it was the toilet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X