Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you Get to much CHANGE back from the cashier, do you give it back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you Get to much CHANGE back from the cashier, do you give it back?

I always take a direct calculation of the change im going to recive(im sure everyone does) after making a purchase, to insure I am not being cheated out of even ten cents. So I usually know what the cashiers suppose to give me back. For some odd reason about once a year they always give me like $10-$20 back to much. I always return it... I always regret it to, ESPECIALLY this time i need about $10 right now....

Do you retrurn the money? or is it Your free gift?....
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

yup.

except one time because I did not count or check. Did not want to drive 90 min. to give back 10 bucks.

so I just kept it.

one time I would have made 20 bucks for buying something. But, because my parents had to raise me as a "goodie-goodie" I gave it back and the correct amount.

sigpic

Comment

I rarely even check to make sure anyway and don't pay with cash very often anyway.

If I did notice I'd like to believe that I would give the money back.

Comment

If I catch it in time, yes.

Once, the cashier was very grateful. It would have come out of her pay.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I'm not gonna lie. I keep it.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes I always I do I spent two and a half years as a cashier and have seen people get fired because there cash till was short.
            sigpic
            Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Yea I give it back if I catch it.
              sigpic

Comment

It also depends on the cashier. If she was all friendly and nice, then I'd probably let her know she has made a mistake. But if she was being mean, then I would pocket that shiz.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post

Once, the cashier was very grateful. It would have come out of her pay.
                  Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
                  Yes I always I do I spent two and a half years as a cashier and have seen people get fired because there cash till was short.
                  That is right. If a cashier's drawer is short, it comes out of their pay.

I've had a few incidents that were BIG BUCKS too and I always give it back. I've even gone back after leaving to correct the oversight.

It rarely happens at banks, but I've had it happen there before too.

Honesty is the best Policy. :thumb:
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                    at least you keep it real. I mean hey ,The corporations are keeping our Stimulius Tax money.lol
                    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

It also depends on the cashier. If she was all friendly and nice, then I'd probably let her know she has made a mistake. But if she was being mean, then I would pocket that shiz.

I hate mean Cashiers... Its like i didnt force you to work here pal...
                      -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                        That's what I thought

That's what I thought

Comment

I have my flaws, but I guess I was raised properly because when opportunities arise when I get something I don't deserve, I am pretty good about returning it. Change is small scale, but it still represents someone's loss. And if you take it to a larger scale, like if you've ever lost your wallet and had it returned, you retain some faith that we are surrounded by honest, good-hearted people. Of course that goes for even bigger things as well, like profiting off others due to greed and so on (whoa, I'm getting preachy yet again!!).....anyway, I'll sum it up with.... if you hand back the small stuff, you will likely be the type to hand back the bigger stuff...at least I think.

(BTW.....so many young folks can't even calculate change these days, so they probably have no idea what they'd do....)

Comment

I've never received too much change, so I honestly can't say.

I have accidentally given out too much money though, and I have never received it back (I figured it out an hour or so later).

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                              I've never received too much change, so I honestly can't say.

I have accidentally given out too much money though, and I have never received it back (I figured it out an hour or so later).
                              Awwww

everyone hug Cinnamunmun
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X