Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you Get to much CHANGE back from the cashier, do you give it back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
    Awwww

everyone hug Cinnamunmun
    I don't want your damn hugs, I want my money back.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieElway7 View Post

That's what I thought

To be fair, I worked in loss prevention for 6 years at Super Kmart. Part of my job was to watch for employee theft. If a person was short on his or her drawer by a significant amount, then they would ge a write up. (3 strike rule).
      They would'nt take it out of there check. I was also a store manager at Family dollar for a year and it was the same way. Write up, but not gonna take it out of their check.

As a store manager you don't want a cashier that is handing out too much change and coming up short anyway, so I would rather know if my cashier was struggling than have her give $10.00 too much 3 times a day and I never know about it because the customers give it back everytime.
      sigpic

Comment

I usually give it back just cause I used to work as a cashier at a movie theater and twice I was talked to about being short (both times it was only by like 50cents but the manager freaked the heck out. he was an idiot though. one time he was wrong and talked to me for no reason).

But I know how these employees would feel having their jobs at risk over a small thing like giving out too much change (especially if they had a crazy manager like I did).
        LET 'ER BUCK!!!
        Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post

To be fair, I worked in loss prevention for 6 years at Super Kmart. Part of my job was to watch for employee theft. If a person was short on his or her drawer by a significant amount, then they would ge a write up. (3 strike rule).
          They would'nt take it out of there check. I was also a store manager at Family dollar for a year and it was the same way. Write up, but not gonna take it out of their check.

As a store manager you don't want a cashier that is handing out too much change and coming up short anyway, so I would rather know if my cashier was struggling than have her give $10.00 too much 3 times a day and I never know about it because the customers give it back everytime.

OMG!! Somebody stop him!!! He is doing it wrong!!!!"

fuuuuuuuuuuuny.lol
          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
            OMG!! Somebody stop him!!! He is doing it wrong!!!!"

fuuuuuuuuuuuny.lol

Gotta love B4Bronco6.
            sigpic

Comment

I usually only count the paper money change as I don't really care if I get shorted a nickel or dime or quater. It all ends up in my gigantic change jar anyway.

If I get an extra buck, I usually don't say anything. I've been a cashier before and it's just as easy to end up long at the end of the day as it is to be short, and a dollar is the leeway my boss always gave me, plus or minus.

Therefore, I return it if it's more than a dollar..... if I notice. Often enough, I just shove the change in my pocket as I've already put my wallet away, and I'm now more worried about my purchases and 2 little girls than a couple of bucks.

Comment

I always give it back if I notice. Can't say that I've always noticed because I don't always check when it's just coins. If it's folding money, I always check.

Usually, the cashier looks at me with disbelief when I give the change back.
                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                  I always give it back if I notice. Can't say that I've always noticed because I don't always check when it's just coins. If it's folding money, I always check.

Thats because you aren't wearing pants.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thats because you aren't wearing pants.
                    Oh yeah, that's right.

The look must be awe then, not disbelief.
                    FF is awesome!

Comment

Oh yeah, that's right.

The look must be awe then, not disbelief.

Probably, it's not everyday the circus comes to town.
                      sigpic

Comment

It also depends on the cashier. If she was all friendly and nice, then I'd probably let her know she has made a mistake. But if she was being mean, then I would pocket that shiz.
                        I agree. :salute!:

Comment

Folding money??

I’ve never heard it called that before…

Comment

Folding money??

He is so country.

sigpic

Comment

Folding money??

n00b
                              FF is awesome!

Comment

well someone did not tell me i gave them too much.... it cost me my job....

Comment

Working...
                                X