Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Dreams

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weird Dreams

    Dreams can be very strange, and often there seems to be no rhyme or reason for them. I have a number of good and bad dreams that come and go. The ones I dislike the most, that drop by every once in a while are:
    1) The failure type dream - whereby I haven't studied for an exam and it's happening SOON:brick:, or the job I am supposed to do, and there is little time to finalize it (cause I haven't done much to do it properly!!), or I'm waiting for a report card that may have some bad results, which will put me back some.....
    2) The "I can't run" dream - for some reason my legs feel like they are stuck and I can't run, and I am really try to get away from someone or something....
    3) The old naked in the public place dream - it is so weird, suddenly being in the middle of a lot of people, minus the clothes....(honest I'm not an exibitionist)

    I have some others, but if I reveal too many of them, someone may have a professional explanation for my problem!!!! They may challenge how I ever got this far (however far that is) in life.....

    Have you had some of the same, or do you have any other printable examples of dreams that bugs ya?????

  • #2
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Dreams can be very strange, and often there seems to be no rhyme or reason for them. I have a number of good and bad dreams that come and go. The ones I dislike the most, that drop by every once in a while are:
    1) The failure type dream - whereby I haven't studied for an exam and it's happening SOON, or the job I am supposed to do, and there is little time to finalize it (cause I haven't done much to do it properly!!), or I'm waiting for a report card that may have some bad results, which will put me back some.....
    2) The "I can't run" dream - for some reason my legs feel like they are stuck and I can't run, and I am really try to get away from someone or something....
    3) The old naked in the public place dream - it is so weird, suddenly being in the middle of a lot of people, minus the clothes....(honest I'm not an exibitionist)

    I have some others, but if I reveal too many of them, someone may have a professional explanation for my problem!!!! They may challenge how I ever got this far (however far that is) in life.....

    Have you had some of the same, or do you have any other printable examples of dreams that bugs ya?????
    Woa, even Freud would back away from you.


    On a serious note, I think those types of dreams are pretty common. I do like studying dreams and psychology around dreams on my free time though (main part of a cartoon I am working on). Here is my amateur analysis on them, take it with a grain of salt.

    The first one I think is mostly brought on by stress and worries (it is with me at least). Usually because of deadlines at work or school. I think most people have this dream from time to time and it is usually straight forward.

    The unable to run dream is either a simple fear mechanism or connecting to a lack of self-confidence. Whatever has you terrified either is just so damn frightening that it locked your legs (like what can happen in real life with panicking) or the frightening object/person is a metaphor for a problem in real life that you consciously or subconsciously don't believe you can get away from it/overcome it.

    The naked dream one can also be common, but also can usually be broken down into different types:
    -The sudden naked dream (minding your own business, when POOF! nakedness)
    -The aware of nakedness dream, but nobody else is
    -Naked in front of a crowd/people dream and EVERYONE knows
    -Aware of nakedness dream, but no embarrassment.

    Clothes usually represent comfort and safety, while nakedness is a feeling of vulnerability in some way. These can sometimes stem from an upcoming project or deadline where the dreamer feels unsure about the response to their presentation, or it can be a fear of being caught off guard.

    Personally, I think you are stressing out about an issue too much (I'm going to guess school) and just need to believe that you will be able to overcome what challenges lie ahead. Even if you do screw up in something, it is never the end of the world and becomes a learning lesson. I would suggest putting less pressure on yourself and just do what you do.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a lot of dreams where I'm running from something, but I'm going slow as crap.

      I also have dreams that I'm in a dream.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
        Woa,

        Do me!!!

        I get a few of the falling dreams. Usually off a cliff along the coast with lots of Redwood trees around. But I never land and prior to falling I'm super small... like I'm a small sized(not midget) person in a giant's world.

        The other i get a lot is walking or doing something with someone(a female) and I'm holding her hand. ALways holding her hand. I can't look up to see who she is, but I KNOW that it's my gf. Not because I can see her or because I know I am holding her hand because I should be holding HER hand.. but kind alike you know you shouldnt reach into a barking dogs cage... you just know.

        Any ideas?
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


        Comment


        • #5
          I have crazy weird dreams almost nightly. And I always remember at least 2-3 different dreams a night. This has been happening ever since I started taking sleeping pills.

          But I usually have at least 1 dream a night that involves meeting a "dream" girl and having sex with her, then going on some weird adventure that involves action/adventure and saving the world. Not too shabby if you ask me.

          Tomorrow when I wake up Ill post my crazy dream because I know Ill remember what it was haha
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
            Woa, even Freud would back away from you.


            On a serious note, I think those types of dreams are pretty common. I do like studying dreams and psychology around dreams on my free time though (main part of a cartoon I am working on). Here is my amateur analysis on them, take it with a grain of salt.

            The first one I think is mostly brought on by stress and worries (it is with me at least). Usually because of deadlines at work or school. I think most people have this dream from time to time and it is usually straight forward.

            The unable to run dream is either a simple fear mechanism or connecting to a lack of self-confidence. Whatever has you terrified either is just so damn frightening that it locked your legs (like what can happen in real life with panicking) or the frightening object/person is a metaphor for a problem in real life that you consciously or subconsciously don't believe you can get away from it/overcome it.

            The naked dream one can also be common, but also can usually be broken down into different types:
            -The sudden naked dream (minding your own business, when POOF! nakedness)
            -The aware of nakedness dream, but nobody else is
            -Naked in front of a crowd/people dream and EVERYONE knows
            -Aware of nakedness dream, but no embarrassment.

            Clothes usually represent comfort and safety, while nakedness is a feeling of vulnerability in some way. These can sometimes stem from an upcoming project or deadline where the dreamer feels unsure about the response to their presentation, or it can be a fear of being caught off guard.

            Personally, I think you are stressing out about an issue too much (I'm going to guess school) and just need to believe that you will be able to overcome what challenges lie ahead. Even if you do screw up in something, it is never the end of the world and becomes a learning lesson. I would suggest putting less pressure on yourself and just do what you do.
            Thx Cin.....

            I think you are right to some degree, however I am far past my school days, so it is either work stress (used to get more of these when I was in a more stressed career, and I used to do lots of presentations). I only get them from time to time these days......a few times since the stock market collapse (but who am I to feel unique on that one)....

            Of course I didn't tell you all about my favourite dreams, and luckily they happen much more frequently!!!!.....trouble is, when you awake, they end.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just love the dreams where I wake up, start to get ready, then I really wake up only to be late because of that dream.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cutty6006 View Post
                But I usually have at least 1 dream a night that involves meeting a "dream" girl and having sex with her.
                I have those every so often..

                Its fun when that happens, but you wake up & think damn it didnt tho.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cutty6006 View Post
                  I have crazy weird dreams almost nightly. And I always remember at least 2-3 different dreams a night. This has been happening ever since I started taking sleeping pills.

                  But I usually have at least 1 dream a night that involves meeting a "dream" girl and having sex with her, then going on some weird adventure that involves action/adventure and saving the world. Not too shabby if you ask me.

                  Tomorrow when I wake up Ill post my crazy dream because I know Ill remember what it was haha
                  This is getting a bit personal, but I have had the odd occasion to be with some special woman, who I've never seen before in my life. It's weird, because I don't recognize her or the other onses (maybe it's the same one each time!!!).

                  Lets keep this inhouse (where else would you take it????), cause I'm married!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                    I have those every so often..

                    Its fun when that happens, but you wake up & think damn it didnt tho.

                    Make sure you practise safe dreams!!!!!

                    Next thing you know, you'll be having dream babies.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      This is getting a bit personal, but I have had the odd occasion to be with some special woman, who I've never seen before in my life. It's weird, because I don't recognize her or the other onses (maybe it's the same one each time!!!).

                      Lets keep this inhouse (where else would you take it????), cause I'm married!!!!!
                      Uh... Mrs. CanDB... do you know what your hubby is doing every now and then when you're asleep!?!?!?!

                      I am so telling on you Can!!! LMAO!
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I had a dream that BJ kept texting me all this wack 'ish.


                        Wait a second... that was not a dream.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                          Uh... Mrs. CanDB... do you know what your hubby is doing every now and then when you're asleep!?!?!?!

                          I am so telling on you Can!!! LMAO!
                          Two can play at that game......

                          Mrs. CanDB (send pics)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ive been testing out a little "fact" that I saw on a tv commercial: Sleeping in chilly air will cause more bad dreams. Ive been turning on the fan in my room to make it chillier, and obviously sleeping there. I havent had more bad dreams, but, my dreams have become more more lucid, and I am remembering a lot more of them.

                            The one two nights ago was a lot of fun. I dreamt that I was in a situation like the movie In Bruges, except it ended in a much happier, sexier way.
                            sigpic

                            I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                              The naked dream one can also be common, but also can usually be broken down into different types:
                              -The sudden naked dream (minding your own business, when POOF! nakedness)
                              -The aware of nakedness dream, but nobody else is
                              -Naked in front of a crowd/people dream and EVERYONE knows
                              -Aware of nakedness dream, but no embarrassment.

                              Clothes usually represent comfort and safety, while nakedness is a feeling of vulnerability in some way. These can sometimes stem from an upcoming project or deadline where the dreamer feels unsure about the response to their presentation, or it can be a fear of being caught off guard.
                              BTW Cin.......after your evaluation....well, I feel so exposed!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X