No announcement yet.

Weird Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever had a dream that was so real that it puts you in a mood the rest of the day?

In the past couple of weeks, I've had 3 of them. In the dream, I'm on Facebook (I do not have an account). I'm looking at a guy's page. I get very cold. I am told that FB has a new "environmental" app. You can set it to your favorite scent and everyone who views the page will smell it. I was getting cold because the guy had it set to, well, cold. I kept trying to log out but couldn't.

Each time, I woke up shaking so badly (I tend to be on the warm side). I felt like I was in a wrestling match and lost.

No, I'm not sick. Well, I don't have a cold or the flu.

Side note: How's that for bumping an old thread? I actually remembered it.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Recently I've been having nightmares and for the first time I had one of those dreams where you wake up from your dream... but you're still dreaming. I get up walk out my bedroom door and the nightmare continues... to say that dream set a mood for my day would probably be correct.

When I finally really woke up I didn't believe it for probably half the day. Also funny that I don't remember dreams usually unless I wake up early then fall back asleep for 20-60 minutes. These dreams though seem like they last 5 hours at least. Reminds me of that movie.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I occasionally pop an over the counter unisom or bum an ambien off someone if I'm having a particularly hard time sleeping. I'm the worst at sleeping, I'm lucky to get four hours a night. Anyway, if you want to have some seriously unsettling dreams try this route. I think anything that alters your brain function has the potential to affect dreaming. I have a recurring zombie dream where I'm at a party and a friend is there who is sick and eventually turns, and more and more people start turning and me and the small group that's left have to kill them. It really is awful and gruesome.

I have another which I wrote down where I start the dream driving into the mountains, and I get to the top and set up camp, and it starts raining and pours for hours. Then suddenly there's this huge flood and the mountain top I'm on becomes a tiny island, with nothing around in eyesight. The rest of the dream I'm carving stuff into rocks and making up games to kill time since there's nothing around and I can't go anywhere, but for some reason I don't think I'm upset about it. The dream anticlimactically ended with me starving to death :/

Those are generally mild ones that I can talk about.

Comment

"Mild" ha.

I used to have real bad sleeping problems too, starting after a mountain bike accident I was in the shattered my helmet. It got to the point where I was sleeping about 6 -8 hours a week and I did that for about a year while trying different medications to see if any would work.

A while later I found something that truly worked and I've dreamed every night since then, and most of those dreams are usually positive, last a long time and are easy to remember the next day which is kind of unusual. Some of the dreams seem like I'm in them for 3 days, and sometimes I'll wake up, fall right back asleep a couple minutes laters and go back to the same spot in the dream where I was before.

Then I started taking melatonin about a year ago and weaned myself off the other stuff, works good and I get the same result. Some of the dreams I've had have been very surreal and you could say life-changing spiritually.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            Have you ever had a dream that was so real that it puts you in a mood the rest of the day?

In the past couple of weeks, I've had 3 of them. In the dream, I'm on Facebook (I do not have an account). I'm looking at a guy's page. I get very cold. I am told that FB has a new "environmental" app. You can set it to your favorite scent and everyone who views the page will smell it. I was getting cold because the guy had it set to, well, cold. I kept trying to log out but couldn't.

Each time, I woke up shaking so badly (I tend to be on the warm side). I felt like I was in a wrestling match and lost.

Hey Peanut......funny you remembered this. As for your dream, maybe it's a pushback on certain types of new technology dream.......whatever that may be!!!! I don't know. This from a guy who continues to have weird dreams from time to time. I still have some of the dreams that prompted this thread. Although I believe the overall pattern has changed a bit.

Sometimes I wonder if falling asleep for some is not as good as for most others. Having bad/strange dreams on a regular basis could make you wonder about that.
            Last edited by Peanut; 11-11-2016, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
              Recently I've been having nightmares and for the first time I had one of those dreams where you wake up from your dream... but you're still dreaming. I get up walk out my bedroom door and the nightmare continues... to say that dream set a mood for my day would probably be correct.

When I finally really woke up I didn't believe it for probably half the day. Also funny that I don't remember dreams usually unless I wake up early then fall back asleep for 20-60 minutes. These dreams though seem like they last 5 hours at least. Reminds me of that movie.
              It's interesting how sometimes I am having a dream and am able to figure out that it is one, which is a relief given that it is a bad dream.

Comment

I have to share the dream I had last night, because I don't know what it all means...

We are at the Eagles/Broncos game, and just before kickoff we step out to use the facilities. I'm already in the stadium, and would like to purchase a beer. As I search through my clear bag, I find that I am carrying my money in a small Eagles clutch. I'm embarrassed. What am I doing with an Eagles clutch bag, I'm a Broncos fan. A lady dressed in security gear asks to see my ticket. I try to find the ticket, while trying to hide the Eagles clutch bag inside my clear bag. I know she saw it, even though I'm shielding it with my hand through the clear bag. She says I need to pay for my tickets again. I tell her I already paid, and what's going on anyways, the first quarter's almost over and I'm missing the game. "Sorry," she says. "You need to pay again." I never even got to purchase a second beer. I'm missing the game.

Then I woke up. I don't know what it all means, maybe I'm a closet Eagles fan and even I didn't know it.
                sigpic
                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                  I have to share the dream I had last night, because I don't know what it all means...

We are at the Eagles/Broncos game, and just before kickoff we step out to use the facilities. I'm already in the stadium, and would like to purchase a beer. As I search through my clear bag, I find that I am carrying my money in a small Eagles clutch. I'm embarrassed. What am I doing with an Eagles clutch bag, I'm a Broncos fan. A lady dressed in security gear asks to see my ticket. I try to find the ticket, while trying to hide the Eagles clutch bag inside my clear bag. I know she saw it, even though I'm shielding it with my hand through the clear bag. She says I need to pay for my tickets again. I tell her I already paid, and what's going on anyways, the first quarter's almost over and I'm missing the game. "Sorry," she says. "You need to pay again." I never even got to purchase a second beer. I'm missing the game.

Then I woke up. I don't know what it all means, maybe I'm a closet Eagles fan and even I didn't know it.
                  Maybe it means we got the Eagles in a bag. Based on the rise and fall of Chip Kelly's "innovation", plus their poor D, I think you were telling yourself we're going to own them!!

Then again, this may be a deeper dream. One of disloyalty??? One of deception??? One of embarrassment (sort of like the naked in a public place dream)??? One of.....what the heck, maybe it's one of you liking the Eagles clutch bag. It's hard to resist that bold green scheme!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

This is not exactly how I dreamed it. In the dream, no apparatus was needed. I should sue Apple for stealing my idea.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/harvard-s...078729859.html

Harvard scientists successfully transferred the first scent from Paris to New York on Tuesday morning via an iPhone app. The champagne and passion fruit macaroon-scented message was transferred via a new communication platform called the oPhone.

It works like this: A custom-made app allows you to take a photo of something and “tag” it with a few aroma notes (from more than 3,000 scents). These smells — which range in category from “Paris Afternoon” to “Plantation” — are transferred via a pipe-like smelling station called an oPhone Duo and are controlled by an iPhone app called oSnap.

When you send an oNote, your recipient will click a link that leads him to a photo, as well as the specific aromatic notes you have chosen. When connected to the oPhone Duo, the hardware piece, it’ll emit slight scents from two separate pipes to be smelled in conjunction with the message. Otherwise, the app will just offer some vivid description of the scent your sender is trying to convey.
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      This is not exactly how I dreamed it. In the dream, no apparatus was needed. I should sue Apple for stealing my idea.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/harvard-s...078729859.html
                      We have to start getting patents on our ideas!!! Dang corporations are reading our posts!!

Comment

Working...
                      X