No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are all wondering where all this snow we're supposed to be getting is at.

Cuz it ain't happening. :dance:
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      We are all wondering where all this snow we're supposed to be getting is at.

You sent all the snow to Colorado.

We already have seven inches on the ground with four more expected tonight
      and another ten tomorrow.

sigpic
      Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        We are all wondering where all this snow we're supposed to be getting is at.

Yeah, it's been snowing here all day - mostly light and blowing around - it's still snowing, but there's not much accumulation yet. Haven't seen many reports of more than 6-9 inches; but the day/night is still young; and the big low pressure center that's driving all this is still diving down and hasn't even come to shore yet.

http://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/lo...type=ir&size=4

armedequation needs to give us an update on Durango. It exists on the SW side of the San Juans and should be getting hit pretty hard. The pics look like it...

^^^ near Purgatory - just north of Durango.

A little bit of snow equals ice and slick roads. I'd much rather see several inches so the tires have something to grip.
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Any of you in Durango / La Plata County need to check in... if you have power that is.

I've heard 2+ feet in and around Durango.

A station near Red Mountain Pass clocked a 91 MPH winds this morning.

On the bright side everyone seems to be driving nice and slow.

...and it's still snowing...
          Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
            Any of you in Durango / La Plata County need to check in... if you have power that is.

I've heard 2+ feet in and around Durango.

A station near Red Mountain Pass clocked a 91 MPH winds this morning.

On the bright side everyone seems to be driving nice and slow.

...and it's still snowing...
            We only got a "skiff" on the ground, but it is really cold. It was 2 degrees this morning on my way to work.

It should warm up a little bit tomorrow however. We should be above freezing by the end of the week for our highs.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• There was about 1 1/2 feet of snow in my yard this morning, and it's been snowing ever since. It's actually snowing like crazy out my window right now.

It took me almost 2 hours to get in this morning! Too bad I couldn't call in sick

Comment

• It hit us overnight. Woke up to about 7" this morning and it's just flurries right now. It's already looking like it's clearing out.

Tonight we will be around the 0 degree mark. Possibly only down to 2.

It's the wind chill that gets ya when it's that cold.

sigpic

Comment

• Supposed to get snow, sleet and wind tomorrow.
                  I'm still trying to win the lottery so I can move, Winter is tooooo long here in the northeast. I wanna live where Spring starts when Spring starts, not six to 8 weeks later.

Comment

• Wow this storm is wreaking havoc all over the country.

We were -5 this morning. Brrrrr.

And to think it's not even winter yet.

sigpic

Comment

• 16 inches here in Madison.

Thank god UW closed last night. Soooooooooooooooo many happy college students, including myself.

Time to shovel and go help people get un-stuck.

Comment

• Last night it got to -11 in Pueblo, one report claimed -17. How cold in your neck of the woods? If it was that cold here I can't imagine the temps in the higher elevations.
                        sigpic

Comment

• At 9 am it is still minus 14 at DIA... Glad I have today off.
                          Not going any where.

The high is expected to be 16 degrees.

Gonna work out... make a big, hot, steaming batch of Spanish Rice later.

Brown rice of course. Peppers, beef, onions, tomatos, celery.

Yum.
                          - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• A foot of snow up here in Appleton with another 4 - 6 inches still to come. I let my yellow lab out this morning, and the snow drifts in my back yard were up to his neck. Oh yeah, the wind is really starting to howl, can't wait for the drifting!
                            sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                            Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                            Adopted By:
                            Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                            Broncbeat

Comment

• Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
                              Last night it got to -11 in Pueblo, one report claimed -17. How cold in your neck of the woods? If it was that cold here I can't imagine the temps in the higher elevations.
                              Here are a few lows from around the region this morning:

Craig -25
                              Gunnison -18
                              Fraser -18
                              Meeker -17
                              Rifle -16

It was a balmy -6 when I got up this morning. Not a cloud in the sky. Truck barely started and I was late to work. Currently we're experiencing a heat wave as it's 6 above.

One good thing about it being this cold is that someday when it eventually warms up... to let's say 30... it will feel warm and I'll break out the shorts!

Something I like to tell people about the local climate is that it gets above 100 about as often as it gets below 0 - which is - not very often. Sure, it happens once or twice a year on average, but that's it. This summer we topped out at 97 on one day in August. Well, we've already gone below zero now and we'll probably see a negative number tomorrow morning as well.

Man, that manbearpig sure is a tricky feller...
                              Winter is Coming!

Comment

• We had reports in the Utah high country from -25 to -36 last night.

Now THAT is cold. Dangerously cold. Thank goodness there is no wind.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X