Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    November 2-4th here in Madison, WI will be in the mid 60s to lower 70s. Very, very weird....
    You got some El Niño, too?

Our fall just started last week.

Comment

• Rain, thunder, lightening.... and more rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        Rain, thunder, lightening.... and more rain.
        For CA, that's a good thing, right? As long as it doesn't cause mudslides.
        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          Mudslides are coming. When it rains this hard the ground gets over saturated quickly and the forecast says we have three more days of rains. I don't know how bad the next few storms will be, but today's and yesterday's have been intense and relentless.

Comment

• Now we're under a tornado warning... crazy stuff for around here.

Comment

Now we're under a tornado warning... crazy stuff for around here.
              Batten down the hatches - NOAA released their January El Niño report, listing the current El Niño as equal in strength to the 97/98 El Niño. For parched Southern California, we should be in for a drenching until mid to late April. Northern Sierra snow-pack is already over 100% (southern I think is at about 80%)...big time storms coming.
              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Mudslides are coming. When it rains this hard the ground gets over saturated quickly and the forecast says we have three more days of rains. I don't know how bad the next few storms will be, but today's and yesterday's have been intense and relentless.
                I always pray for nice gentle rains.

The cycle has always been drought-fires-rains-mudslides.

Are they saying that this will break the drought?
                Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I always pray for nice gentle rains.

The cycle has always been drought-fires-rains-mudslides.

Are they saying that this will break the drought?
                  They say it would take a tremendous rainy season to break the drought which, as big as this year is projected, is hard to say for sure but unlikely.

Before this week's storms the Sierra snow pack (one of our primary water sources) was at 130% which is good. This week could push that closer to 200% i'd imagine. Now we just need the reservoirs to refill.

Comment

They say it would take a tremendous rainy season to break the drought which, as big as this year is projected, is hard to say for sure but unlikely.

Before this week's storms the Sierra snow pack (one of our primary water sources) was at 130% which is good. This week could push that closer to 200% i'd imagine. Now we just need the reservoirs to refill.
                    I don't know if you know it, but I grew up in the Bay Area. To this day, I can't waste water.

Last time we were in CA was about 3 years ago (hoping to go back in a couple of years. Still my home) and the local reservoirs looked decent (I heard 80% full).

Outside of the mudslides, the rain has to feel good.

Go out and dance in it (see my profile picture).
                    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

• It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?
                      It pours, man, it pours

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?
                        It pours, man, it pours
                        I've heard that so many times over the last few days you won't believe it...

Comment

Yep we need the water, my grass is finally green again. I was out your way earlier this year I drove from Virginia to Jersey (drove through Baltimore) I was amazed by how green it is there.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I think a lot of that rain from California has headed our way. I don't remember it ever raining this much. It has rained since Sunday or Monday, I've kinda lost count. It's not flooded, but just constant drizzle. The sun came out yesterday afternoon, but it was short lived. Not use to it, but thankful for it since it's typically very dry here.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• We have weather.

It's officially a blizzard. 17-20 inches right now (I know some of you will laugh at that). Should stop around midnight.

I lived in Maine and remember the blizzards we had. It was so much more fun when I was a kid.

Be safe!
                              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

• Be safe, Peanut and everyone back east! With all the cancelled flights due to weather its really quite at the airports today... ive never seen sky harbor or denver so empty...
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Working...
                                X