• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dandaman23
    Captain
    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    We have weather.

It's officially a blizzard. 17-20 inches right now (I know some of you will laugh at that). Should stop around midnight.

I lived in Maine and remember the blizzards we had. It was so much more fun when I was a kid.

Be safe!
    Give Alaska back our snow! We've had a total of less than 3 inches this year so far. Up until about a week ago I still had a lawn.

I'm guessing it's going to wait until Mother Nature has tricked us into believing spring has sprung and then we are going to get like 3 feet in one day at the end of April.
    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

• Peanut
      ModNut
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
      Give Alaska back our snow! We've had a total of less than 3 inches this year so far. Up until about a week ago I still had a lawn.

I'm guessing it's going to wait until Mother Nature has tricked us into believing spring has sprung and then we are going to get like 3 feet in one day at the end of April.
      I would be happy to send it to you.

Even though I've lived here for a few years, I'm still a CA girl where you go to the snow, not have the snow come to you.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Rastic
        Modulated
        • Oct 2013

Comment

• Sophia23
          RIP #88
          • Sep 2012

Awe... an AZ snowman ^^^

blech... I got up at 530 am to walk my pups, and it was still 90 some degrees when we returned from our super short walk.... and I thought my oldest dog (15+) 70lbs -80lbs was having some sort of stroke and I was gonna have to carry him home, but the second we turned around to head home it appears he was fine and could walk fast or run... haha... it's way too hot and only 5 months to go until it's reasonable weather again
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
          Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Rastic
            Modulated
            • Oct 2013

I can't imagine Arizona today. Near the coast, about 10 miles inland, it's supposed to top 100.

Comment

• Sophia23
              RIP #88
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              I can't imagine Arizona today. Near the coast, about 10 miles inland, it's supposed to top 100.
              Some say it's hotter when it's humid ... so maybe I shouldn't complain too much, I'm sure you have a lot of humidity ....
              sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
                ModNut
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                Some say it's hotter when it's humid ... so maybe I shouldn't complain too much, I'm sure you have a lot of humidity ....
                I've lived in dry and I've lived in humid (MD is humid). It does make a difference. I really dislike humid. No where for the perspiration to go, so it's hard to cool off.

Still, hot is hot. Dry or humid, 100 degrees is HOT. I'd complain.
                Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Mount-n-Groan
                  Epithetically Challenged
                  • Jun 2003

Here's my annual "Fresh Snow on the San Juans" post. Over the last couple of weeks there have been both weather station reports of snow on some of the passes, and reports from people 4-wheelin' running into snow in the high country.
                  But, this is the first definitive look that I've seen personally of fresh snow on the mountains just south of here.

So, yes... once again... Winter IS Coming!

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                    Here's my annual "Fresh Snow on the San Juans" post. Over the last couple of weeks there have been both weather station reports of snow on some of the passes, and reports from people 4-wheelin' running into snow in the high country.
                    But, this is the first definitive look that I've seen personally of fresh snow on the mountains just south of here.

So, yes... once again... Winter IS Coming!

I just came back from Alaska and northern British Columbia......love the freshness in the air!! Coming back to The Peg, the temperatures are a wee bit lower. I am ok with that. My favourite month is September, when the air feels fresher, the bugs start to get fewer, and autumn changes start to begin......oh yes, NFL starts!!!

Comment

• Peanut
                      ModNut
                      • Jan 2007

I hope the storms heading to Hawaii and Florida will weaken some more.

Japan has been hit with some typhoons.

I'm not going to complain about the heat here.
                      Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• Sophia23
                        RIP #88
                        • Sep 2012

I can't believe it's only September and we are under 100, it's a beautiful day/week!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• BroncosDivision
                          #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
                          • Sep 2009

It's been "tolerable" (as in not raining/overcast 24/7) as of late but I'm not ready for winter yet! Give me more summer!!!
                          Adopted Poster
                          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Peanut
                            ModNut
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                            It's been "tolerable" (as in not raining/overcast 24/7) as of late but I'm not ready for winter yet! Give me more summer!!!
                            I like rain. I don't know if I'd like it constantly, though. We're getting the kind of weather I like. Cooler and not much humidity.
                            Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• Peanut
                              ModNut
                              • Jan 2007

When I went out Saturday to do some errands, it was 71 degrees. I didn't take a jacket with me. Around 4:30, I walked out of the store and I swear the temp dropped 30 degrees. And windy. The wind was messing up some football games on Sunday.
                              Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

First official snowfall yesterday. Messy/slippery driving. Winter tires come in handy, and have them on both vehicles.

But if there's a good side of climate change, that was our latest official snowfall in history.

Comment

Working...
                                X