No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're getting very strong wind gusts. Power flickered 3 times. Just enough to have to reset the clocks. And the computer. Other areas are having more problems. Traffic lights out. Some businesses closed. I just hope the neighbor's tree (or parts of it) doesn't fall in our yard again (that happened the last time we had this much wind).
    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      We're getting very strong wind gusts. Power flickered 3 times. Just enough to have to reset the clocks. And the computer. Other areas are having more problems. Traffic lights out. Some businesses closed. I just hope the neighbor's tree (or parts of it) doesn't fall in our yard again (that happened the last time we had this much wind).
      Stay safe!

Come Sunday, we are expecting the worst thing about Colorado.......a Colorado Low! They are suggesting anywhere from 20-40 cms (about 8 to 16 inches) over a couple of days. Sounds like some wind attached as well. We've had a dry winter, but if this follows thru, it would basically double the snow we've had. Hope it weakens a little. Yikes, may have to pull out the snow blower...which is something I seldom do.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Stay safe!

Come Sunday, we are expecting the worst thing about Colorado.......a Colorado Low! They are suggesting anywhere from 20-40 cms (about 8 to 16 inches) over a couple of days. Sounds like some wind attached as well. We've had a dry winter, but if this follows thru, it would basically double the snow we've had. Hope it weakens a little. Yikes, may have to pull out the snow blower...which is something I seldom do.
        Thanks.

Weather app says it's gusting to 26MPH. Sure seems a lot stronger.

Hubby got a snow blower this year. That's probably why we haven't had much snow.

Be careful !
        Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Thanks.

Weather app says it's gusting to 26MPH. Sure seems a lot stronger.

Hubby got a snow blower this year. That's probably why we haven't had much snow.

Be careful !
          Buying a snow blower, like buying insurance, usually means nothing bad will happen. But it sure feels good to know that you are covered!

In saying that....I do not want to use ours in the next few days!!!

Comment

Buying a snow blower, like buying insurance, usually means nothing bad will happen. But it sure feels good to know that you are covered!

In saying that....I do not want to use ours in the next few days!!!
            He got it for peace of mind (and to help a bad back). I think he just wanted a new toy.

I didn't realize how fortunate we are with just the 5 glitches we had. There are about 1 million homes without power up and down the east coast. Met a lady at the gym yesterday who didn't have power, so she tanned and showered there. Lots of trees down and flooding.
            Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

He got it for peace of mind (and to help a bad back). I think he just wanted a new toy.

I didn't realize how fortunate we are with just the 5 glitches we had. There are about 1 million homes without power up and down the east coast. Met a lady at the gym yesterday who didn't have power, so she tanned and showered there. Lots of trees down and flooding.
              The Colorado Low has yet to hit us, but luckily has stayed more to the west of us (sorry to those to the west). But it looks like we will get some snow later tonight, and hopefully it does not intensify. We could still be in for a pretty good dump, if the system alters course at all.

Comment

The Colorado Low has yet to hit us, but luckily has stayed more to the west of us (sorry to those to the west). But it looks like we will get some snow later tonight, and hopefully it does not intensify. We could still be in for a pretty good dump, if the system alters course at all.
                Well now, Colorado gave us a nice white paint job after all.....about 20 or more cms or approx. 8 inches (so far), but the first few inches were wet, and HEAVY! Not good for my back, but not good for some snow blowers either. We almost doubled our snow for the year, overnight.

Where I live March 4th is a bad memory for us older folks, those who were around in 1966. It was a blizzard that shut us down for a day or two. Yesterday's storm started on March 4th, but was not nearly as snowy or windy......the wind was a major problem in '66. But alas, another March 4th goes by without kicking us in the gut. It was however, a pretty decent punch!

Comment

• Happy second day of spring!

We are currently under a winter storm warning. 6-12 inches and the snow is still coming down. Schools are closed and a lot of businesses are closed.

First time there's enough snow to use the snow blower and hubby is stuck in VA for work.

It feels like nature is playing an early April Fool's joke on us.

I'm sure other areas are getting hit harder than us. Be careful !
                  Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

Happy second day of spring!

We are currently under a winter storm warning. 6-12 inches and the snow is still coming down. Schools are closed and a lot of businesses are closed.

First time there's enough snow to use the snow blower and hubby is stuck in VA for work.

It feels like nature is playing an early April Fool's joke on us.

I'm sure other areas are getting hit harder than us. Be careful !
                    Good luck with that....mother nature has been unkind to the East Coast this year.

Comment

Good luck with that....mother nature has been unkind to the East Coast this year.
                      Thanks. We've had it pretty easy until today. It had all been going north. NE has been hit hard. When we went up to MA for a funeral, we were fortunate that there was only about 3 inches. About a week later was when they got the first round.
                      Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• 4PM and we have to turn the lights on. Another thunderstorm coming through. We have had so many this spring (we actually got a spring!). I should be happy but there's a concern for flooding. Historic part of Ellicott City has already been flooded (couple of weeks ago). Worse than 2 years ago, but fortunately no deaths.
                        Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

4PM and we have to turn the lights on. Another thunderstorm coming through. We have had so many this spring (we actually got a spring!). I should be happy but there's a concern for flooding. Historic part of Ellicott City has already been flooded (couple of weeks ago). Worse than 2 years ago, but fortunately no deaths.
                          I felt a little jealous when I saw you had thunderstorms, but not of the flooding at all. I'm sure that can cause all kinds of problems, depending on the severity.

I just live on the sun and it's hot... so hot, but so far I don't feel like it's as hot as last year, maybe because it's only June. Our lovely weather here always brings out the snakes. Usually in March, I start seeing rattlers, when walking the dogs. I was thinking today how weird it was that I hadn't seen any and it's June. Couple of minutes later, one of those speak of the devil things, not more than 10 feet from me was one sunning itself on the road. Ugh.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Lots of heat warnings across Canada over the last week or two. It's all good when folks have relief, like A/C, cold drinks, and water to jump into. But sadly, lots of fatalities, primarily due to their medical condition.

On Saturday, we reached a humidex of 45 C, or 113 F! I've only felt it hotter here once in my life. We've actually had a good summer, after a great one last year, so no complaints so far. Managed to dodge some storms along the way.

Enjoy your summer folks!

Comment

Lots of heat warnings across Canada over the last week or two. It's all good when folks have relief, like A/C, cold drinks, and water to jump into. But sadly, lots of fatalities, primarily due to their medical condition.

On Saturday, we reached a humidex of 45 C, or 113 F! I've only felt it hotter here once in my life. We've actually had a good summer, after a great one last year, so no complaints so far. Managed to dodge some storms along the way.

Enjoy your summer folks!

Holy cow!!! Try to stay cool up there, bro, that's life threatening heat. Just a few days ago, it reached 114° in Long Beach, CA. Never in all my life have I seen it that hot out there.

Out here it's been running about mid 90's; mornings and evenings are gorgeous. There was a nice thunderstorm that blew over Centennial yesterday, and the Cottonwoods are dropping so much cotton in Parker, that it almost looks like it's snowing when the wind blows.
                              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                                Holy cow!!! Try to stay cool up there, bro, that's life threatening heat. Just a few days ago, it reached 114° in Long Beach, CA. Never in all my life have I seen it that hot out there.

Out here it's been running about mid 90's; mornings and evenings are gorgeous. There was a nice thunderstorm that blew over Centennial yesterday, and the Cottonwoods are dropping so much cotton in Parker, that it almost looks like it's snowing when the wind blows.
                                Glad you're experiencing changing weather. I know you wanted that. Come autumn, even more of that, although Denver has some really nice dry heat at times (as you know) late into fall. But yes, you will enjoy snow this winter!

(BTW....I'll be posting a Trivia thread tomorrow:thumb

Comment

Working...
                                X