Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 15 below when I got done working, it was 8 below the night before.

    No humidity or wind tonight so it wasn't terrible, there was a slight breeze last night though that really made it not fun.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Brrrrrr. 8 degrees. Wind chill -1. Chilly start this morning. Not fair Peanut.... You and the gf are nice and toasty and I am froze.
      Last edited by Saddletramp; 02-08-2019, 03:48 AM.
      [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
      Adopted player Lindsey

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
        Brrrrrr. 8 degrees. Wind chill -1. Chilly start this morning. Not fair Peanut.... You and the gf are nice and toasty and I am froze.
        8 degrees in TX? That seems strange to me.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          8 degrees in TX? That seems strange to me.
          Lol... It's not all that uncommon. Texas is a very big state, meaning its a lot further north than most folks think. I am separated from Kansas by a mere 36 miles. I live in the northwest corner of the northeast county in the panhandle. Brownsville Texas is the southern most point in Texas. It is almost 900 miles to Brownsville from here. On ONE highway (highway 83 if you're curious). If you ate interested, I posted a thread in the locker room and it kinda lays out how far I am from everything sports wise.
          Last edited by Saddletramp; 02-08-2019, 05:41 PM.
          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
          Adopted player Lindsey

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
            Lol... It's not all that uncommon. Texas is a very big state, meaning its a lot further north than most folks think. I am separated from Kansas by a mere 36 miles. I live in the northwest corner of the northeast county in the panhandle. Brownsville Texas is the southern most point in Texas. It is almost 900 miles to Brownsville from here. On ONE highway (highway 83 if you're curious). If you ate interested, I posted a thread in the locker room and it kinda lays out how far I am from everything sports wise.
            I’m about 1200 miles north of you and it hasn’t been that cold once yet this winter.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              I’m about 1200 miles north of you and it hasn’t been that cold once yet this winter.
              Really? How are these systems missing you?
              [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
              Adopted player Lindsey

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                Really? How are these systems missing you?
                The winters in the Treasure Valley aren’t as harsh as most places along the same latitude, although this winter and the last have been unusually mild, having conditions in January we would normally see in March, then really cold in February.
                January has highs in the 40’s almost every day but now we’re having winter.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                Comment


                • 31 degrees with white out conditions. I can’t post pictures from the mobile site.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    31 degrees with white out conditions. I can’t post pictures from the mobile site.
                    We could use a good wet 6" of snow... Although with our luck the wind would blow 40 mph and we'd have 8' drifts everwhere.....
                    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                    Adopted player Lindsey

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                      We could use a good wet 6" of snow... Although with our luck the wind would blow 40 mph and we'd have 8' drifts everwhere.....
                      Drifts are no joke. I high centered in the middle of a highway in my wife’s Honda Pilot 2 years ago.

                      We got about 3 inches this morning, but it mostly melted off by 4pm because it got up to 40.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                      Comment


                      • 60 here today. Windy. Slight chance of some rain which we are in dire need of... Too many grass fires already this year.
                        [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                        Adopted player Lindsey

                        Comment


                        • Snowing - started this past evening around 7pm and will go until Tuesday night at around midnight. Looks like we're getting a foot of pure powder!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                            Snowing - started this past evening around 7pm and will go until Tuesday night at around midnight. Looks like we're getting a foot of pure powder!
                            Yeah started at 3 here and I'm only in the 6 to 8 inches of snow. Probably shouldn't have gone to work tonight as I'm not sure if I will be able to make it home now lol. At least my kids school is already canceled for tomorrow.




                            Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

                            Comment




                            • Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rastic View Post


                                Enjoy the rain. Just hope it doesn't flood or cause mudslides.

                                We're suppose to get some snow over the weekend. My little weather thingy has one flake for Saturday and three flakes for Sunday. I'm hoping for no flakes or ice.
                                Administrator

                                #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                                #LupusAwareness

                                "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X