No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Halloween from Wisconsin. Woke up to 4 inches of wet snow. Nobody is very happy about it.

I still love to drive around in it in my Jeep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
      Merry Halloween from Wisconsin. Woke up to 4 inches of wet snow. Nobody is very happy about it.

I still love to drive around in it in my Jeep.
      I hate slushy snow!

Comment

• If this wind would go down its be a nice day....
        [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Severe thunderstorms and a tornado warning last night. Got a little concerned for about an hour.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            Severe thunderstorms and a tornado warning last night. Got a little concerned for about an hour.
            Really? This is news...... The smoking hot soldier girl failed to mention that.....
            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
              If this wind would go down its be a nice day....
              Did you eat too many peas?

We have a weather warning for tomorrow - high winds and heavy rain.

Comment

• Winter is coming for a visit, again....

Tonight
                A chance of rain showers before 3am, then a chance of snow and freezing rain. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Wind chill values between 21 and 26. Blustery, with a north northeast wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
                Thursday
                A 20 percent chance of snow before 9am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 42. Wind chill values between 17 and 27. North northeast wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
                IF we wean tomorrow it might be a little chilly horseback.
                Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Winter tires on both vehicles...…

Confidence in being prepared for another winter....

Last edited by CanDB; 11-06-2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Went for our evening walk, the dog and I. Some of us complain about winter a bit more than we should, but this eve is the kind you picture in those old poems, where they describe softly falling snow, with a calmness and warmth that winter can bring, even when outdoors. In my life there have been easily a couple of thousand winter evenings like this, and each time I embrace them....as I would a perfect summer's night.

Comment

• It's a balmy 6° here in the northeast Texas Panhandle......
                      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Wind is gonna blow today.
                        Peanut you get any snow?
                        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Wind is gonna blow today.
                          Peanut you get any snow?
                          We've been getting a tiny bit of snow almost every day. It's sunny/clear, and then we see snow flying....and then it's over. I kind of don't mind it, even though we do not need any more precipitation this year. The Red River is high and moving fairly quickly, given it can be seen with snow on it, and even some ice on the edges.

But here's the dilemma, if the ice freezes soon, and as the water below drops as it will, there will be a situation with ice formed well above the top of the river. In other words, ice, with a gap below. That is dangerous, and will be detrimental to those who think it safe to walk on, play on, and definitely snowmobile on.

Comment

Wind is gonna blow today.
                            Peanut you get any snow?
                            No snow. Don't want snow or ice.
                            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              No snow. Don't want snow or ice.
                              Pretty sure you don't get a vote.......
                              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Strong northerly winds, rain by the bucketload and a possibility of snow, it's too early in the season for this!

Comment

Working...
                                X