Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

It's weird how us "northerners" can gradually get used to colder temps as the winter comes on. What you thought was cold in early winter gets to be fine a month or so later. BUT, most of us have a limit. For example, a wind chill that bites through your exposed skin in no time. Conversely, I know a lot of folks here, who like me, do not like it too mild in the middle of winter because it's messier in the streets, and sometimes icier as well. I actually don't mind it a little cold when driving, when the roads are dry. It's almost like driving in summer. But when you are in the middle of winter and the temperature hovers around freezing, it can be dangerous...and as no doubt, "wash car regularly" time!

Don't get me wrong...I like a milder winter than when it gets really cold. When we were playing outdoor hockey, I would love a calm day, but no warmer than -10C (14F). You could work up a sweat any higher than that. And yes yes...as I get older, the sooner I want spring!!!! The only issue with that, given we have a Red River that can swell up easy, is a quick melt, and some heavier early rain....which can be a problem for many, especially those near the river.
    Don't think my body could handle those temps. "Wash car regularly" time?
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

Don't think my body could handle those temps. "Wash car regularly" time?
      Haha....or just don't wash til you feel the need!!

Comment

• Nothing like a few days of "winter" to keep things humble....

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Nothing like a few days of "winter" to keep things humble....

Humble isn't exactly how I have been feeling...I won't post what I have been thinking....good grief.
          Albeit I know I know we need the rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGIZCM0645w

Wet snow, rain and thunderstorms Wednesday...AGAIN.....

Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 04-20-2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

Humble isn't exactly how I have been feeling...I won't post what I have been thinking....good grief.
            Albeit I know I know we need the rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGIZCM0645w

Wet snow, rain and thunderstorms Wednesday

Hang tough 2MW. Crazy thing about climate here in the last 5 - 10 years, Summers warmer and drier on average, winters shorter and less cold streaks....but autumns that seem shorter, and goofy springs that appear to begin earlier but drag on...

Comment

• Yes, I know, I know... Meanwhile, I can only see Soviet concrete blocks as far as I can see out of the window... At least, it's sunny. I hope I'll be able to get there next summer, even if it's just for a week or two!

Comment

• Might s-n-o-w here tonight..might just go back to bed

Comment

Working...
                X