No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you boys and girls back east have more coming? YIKES! We lucked out so far this year and haven't received a snow storm any where near that big.

WHEW!
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      And you boys and girls back east have more coming? YIKES! We lucked out so far this year and haven't received a snow storm any where near that big.

WHEW!
      Actually get to see some of this storm this time...looking for 15-20
      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

And you boys and girls back east have more coming? YIKES! We lucked out so far this year and haven't received a snow storm any where near that big.

WHEW!
        :brick: 10-20 more.

Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
        Actually get to see some of this storm this time...looking for 15-20
        And, why are you smiling?

Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Snow fall in that time frame, yes. They're still calculating the overall numbers. The airport is the official site. Town next to us got 31.5". We got 29". The airport is in between. Right now, they say they had 26.5" at 11am Saturday, 24" at 8pm Saturday. I say, give us 30" and call it a record.
          I say Personal Best and move on........it's all about the trophies and medals ya know.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I say Personal Best and move on........it's all about the trophies and medals ya know.

It bothers me most cities use their airports for official stats. pffffft.

How many times do we know/hear that that the airport, which is usually away from the metro areas, do not have the totals that actual occur in the city they represent.

Stay safe and warm back east ya'll. My shovel would be wanting overtime pay about now.

sigpic

Comment

How many times do we know/hear that that the airport, which is usually away from the metro areas, do not have the totals that actual occur in the city they represent.

Stay safe and warm back east ya'll. My shovel would be wanting overtime pay about now.
              I agree Joe......why don't they just take care of safe, on time flight service, and leave the other stuff alone????

You don't see us trying to be air traffic controllers.......

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

My personal best was back when I lived in Marquette Michigan in 1995. We got 3 blizzards over the course of 3 weekends in January. The first dropped 29", the second dropped 46", and the third dropped 39".

As much snow as that seems, it was still better than the previous year when Lake Superior froze over for the first time in almost 100 years. Tempatures were -44 to -60 degrees with -110 to -120 wind chills.
                Last edited by Thors Hammer; 02-09-2010, 08:17 PM.
                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                Adopted By:
                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                Broncbeat

Comment

• Snow storm for the past 3 days!!!! Suppose to have like 15 inches total or something.

I really hope they cancel college

Comment

Blizzard.

State of MD has closed down.

We need to replace two snow shovels. I bent one using it as an ice pick. The other was sort of broken already. I just broke it more.

Some years, we get zero snow or maybe just a dusting.
                    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Nice and sunny here!! A little cold but nothing we can't handle in NODAK!!

Comment

• Our school is shut down until Monday.

A book I wrote

Comment

• We are having the most beautiful day. :dance:

It's 51 degrees on our front porch and that's in the shade. The sun feel so warm, just some small clouds over the mountains and there is absolutely no wind.

It has been a nice weekend upper 40's. Most of our snow has all melted at this point.

It is giving me spring fever.

sigpic

Comment

We are having the most beautiful day. :dance:

It's 51 degrees on our front porch and that's in the shade. The sun feel so warm, just some small clouds over the mountains and there is absolutely no wind.

It has been a nice weekend upper 40's. Most of our snow has all melted at this point.

It is giving me spring fever.

It's snowing again.

We're celebrating because we're putting trash and recycle out tonight. After two weeks it's really piled up.
                            Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

It's snowing again.

We're celebrating because we're putting trash and recycle out tonight. After two weeks it's really piled up.
                              We have lucked out big time this year. No sub zero temps and not hit with the big time dump of snow even though we are at 113% of normal. It's been staggered and very wet.

:dance: *doing the happy dance* :dance:

sigpic

Comment

It's snowing again.

Does snow come from air? :go:

Comment

Working...
                                X