No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been pretty nice here, Hummingbirds are showing up more and more.
    Robins have their nest just off the porch again..you would think they would want more privacy and avoid the noisy neighbors/Hummingbirds but this is 2 years in a row they set up camp there.

Planted some flowers today so it will probably snow soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
      Been pretty nice here, Hummingbirds are showing up more and more.
      Robins have their nest just off the porch again..you would think they would want more privacy and avoid the noisy neighbors/Hummingbirds but this is 2 years in a row they set up camp there.

Sounds like my kinda setting. I built a deck in my backyard a year ago and my lot backs up to a conservation area...we get our fair share of birds. I have a feeder that a few cardinals have made their own and we are always seeing hawks cruising above. We actually saw a pair of bald eagles doing the same a few weeks back. I love just chilling out there and enjoying nature.

Today though has been a rainy one. Pretty nasty afternoon t-showers rolling through.
      My other love...
      sigpic
      305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Been pretty nice here, Hummingbirds are showing up more and more.

We have been getting a LOT of birds that are a sort of brownish color with bright yellow bellies. Not sure what they are, but they are everywhere. They are a new species for us.

And snow? Looking at the radar, just maybe but I doubt it here. They are saying mainly rain, which my lawn could use. After all this snow and rain over the past month, I noticed how dry the yard is when I mowed yesterday. Odd.

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Rain!

In CA!!

:dance:

And, the hills are still green.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• This weekend = :brick: :hammer:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
              Looking at the radar......
              Joe......how do you take those wonderful pictures? Do you live on the moon?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Joe......how do you take those wonderful pictures? Do you live on the moon?
                No but considering relocating there.

The wind again was so bad over the weekend it was miserable. Watched it shred the new leaves sprouting off our trees and it was snapping the Iris' ready to bloom. I finally had to move the patio furniture onto our front porch because I was tired of retrieving them from the back yard.

It snowed last night, it's pretty damn chilly out right now and we have a freeze warning on for tonight.

Everyone around here is pretty grumpy today.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                  No but considering relocating there.

The wind again was so bad over the weekend it was miserable. Watched it shred the new leaves sprouting off our trees and it was snapping the Iris' ready to bloom. I finally had to move the patio furniture onto our front porch because I was tired of retrieving them from the back yard.

It snowed last night, it's pretty damn chilly out right now and we have a freeze warning on for tonight.

Everyone around here is pretty grumpy today.

We are a fairly windy place.....usually starts late morning and goes into the evening......there are a number of days each year when the wind gusts around 50 mph (fortunately 60 mph gusts are unlikely, but can happen). We have a wind farm just over an hour's drive southwest of the city.

I get a sense that you have even windier conditions based on your posts. Are you wind farm material? And is it that windy? (I know, I'll cut the wind coming from you and me jokes this time).

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    We are a fairly windy place.....usually starts late morning and goes into the evening......there are a number of days each year when the wind gusts around 50 mph (fortunately 60 mph gusts are unlikely, but can happen). We have a wind farm just over an hour's drive southwest of the city.

I get a sense that you have even windier conditions based on your posts. Are you wind farm material? And is it that windy? (I know, I'll cut the wind coming from you and me jokes this time).
                    Out of the 356 days in a year, 300 of those are in fact windy. It is quite annoying.

The winds for the past week solid have been sustained between 25 and 40 MPH and gusts did reach the 60-70 mark. My wife and I were on our back patio where those Iris' are lined checking them out and a gust came that literally knocked both of us off balance.

Our little Pomeranian has been literally knocked off her feet which freaks her out big time. It is rather humorous to see that but the poor little thing gets mad and wants back in the house. Normally she stays on the north side of the house laying in the grass because 90% of the time, these winds blow from the south and the house creates a barrier there.

It is difficult running the sprinklers as well trying to keep the lawn watered.

We are definitely wind farm material here and they are finally going to start building one. They ran into much opposition from the locals about the noise factor (the whipping sounds), but just south of town there is enough open space that it wouldn't affect too many people.

Right now one of our culprits is the jet stream. It won't move.

EDIT: Geographically, we are a natural for the wind. We too get the "heat factor" in the summer and as you mentioned, at sundown it usually calms down.
                    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 05-24-2010, 11:52 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Well we are having a mini heat wave in the northeast.By the end of the week we will probably have had more warm days than we did ALL last summer,,,last year was one of those no summer years.

BroncoManiac_69 hope ya get some decent weather soon.

Comment

Well we are having a mini heat wave in the northeast.By the end of the week we will probably have had more warm days than we did ALL last summer,,,last year was one of those no summer years.

BroncoManiac_69 hope ya get some decent weather soon.
                        I just want this friggen wind to STOP!

Yes... Today it is whipping once again. :hammer:

sigpic

Comment

• Rain here right now.... so much for April shower's bring May flowers. What do May showers bring??
                          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• It's been pretty hot here in Austin the last few days. It was 93 the other day and I knew Summer was pretty much here.

Not looking forward to the 100+ degree Summers

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              Rain!

In CA!!

:dance:

And, the hills are still green.
                              Its raining in Oakland,its expected to last until tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                                Rain here right now.... so much for April shower's bring May flowers. What do May showers bring??
                                It's been the coolest May ever? I didn't pack a jacket, had to go buy one.

I love rain.

Hey, I was up in your area yesterday to sell a car.

I waved.

Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X