Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frostbite time creeping in.:shake:

Stocked up on Wild Bird food, pet food, people food ect. ect.
    Trying to hibernate for the weekend.

Comment

• It was pretty nice in Vegas over the weekend. It was cloudy but in the upper 60's.

Then we get home last night and it was brrr chill all over again.

Our friend on Maui sent some pics. It snowed there last week.

Looks like we're in for something here in a few days:

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Wednesday we got some snow. The second round came right at rush hour. People were on I-83 from 5pm until after 2am. Some ran out of gas. A lot of motorists abandoned their cars.

Story

Maryland doesn't react well to snow.
        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          Wednesday we got some snow. The second round came right at rush hour. People were on I-83 from 5pm until after 2am. Some ran out of gas. A lot of motorists abandoned their cars.

Story

Maryland doesn't react well to snow.
          The midwest stretching over to the east coast has been getting hammered this winter and around here, we've had practically nothing.

We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow but from the looks of it, there is a huge storm that is going to pound Denver to DC by Thursday.

Stay safe ya'll!

sigpic

Comment

• Got maybe 3 inches of snow at my place in downtown Denver. The snow isn't the main issue the -12 wind chill however is.

Supposed to get down to -10 or so tonight and tomorrow night. Wind chill warnings -30ish.
            sigpic
            photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

• Its cold as heck. Not looking foward to walking to class in the morning. I usually leave about 7:00 am. 20 minute walk in -10 to -30 degree windchill aint fun. Gonna remind me of when I used to live in Minnesota.
              sigpic

Comment

• It looks like minus zero temps from Colorado to Michigan tonight. Tomorrow it moves further east.

This type of weather already makes me wonder about the Super Bowl in New York this time of year.

Denver was denied over and over again because of weather. Like New York is any better?

Hopefully the ***** Cat Dolls will do halftime in white shirts in NY!

sigpic

Comment

• Just about everything here is or will be closed today.

We got about a 1/4" of ice last night, followed by a large dusting of snow.

Today we are expected to get 8-15" of snow, along with another 1/4-1/2" of sleet and ice.

I'm going into work, but leaving before noon to get my kid and be home before all of this starts. I love my Grand Marquis, but they tend to suck in the snow.

I SO want to be in Florida right now
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

• Not too long ago wasn't someone saying something about Denver NOT being a cold weather city?

What is it now? -10? Wasn't it 65-70 over the weekend?

Now, THAT'S what Colorado weather is like. It's not always cold, and it's not always warm. It's both.

A balmy 14 here in the Valley. Windchill is a factor. 3 inches on the ground and still snowing lightly.
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Being in the Canadian prairies, where it can be extremely cold, we have been getting some below -40 (same temp in Celsius and Fahrenheit) windchills, which is not abnormal for this time of year. The problem we are having, and to the south of us into North Dakota/Minnesota, is the high level of snowfall combined with a saturated soil......significant factors for a spring flood possibility on the Red River. Not looking too good presently, pending the amount of snow, the speed of the thawing out process, spring rain and even the wind conditions.

You don't have to call it global warming (ironic given the cold weather we still get!!!) but the 'in phrase' is climate change.......call it what you want.......a pig is still a pig yadda yadda.

Comment

• About -5 degrees right now walking to class.
                        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• We actually have wind chill warnings in effect until Thursday. -20 to -40 mainly in the north part of the state.

It is windier than crap but we're currently sitting on 18 with wind chill at -4.

sigpic

Comment

• We have a blizzard warning up here in Indiana with my campus closing early because apparently we're suppose to get 18 inches tonight.

Comment

• Terre Haute just came under an ice storm warning, which is about 90 minutes south of here.

Right now its supposed to sleet/freezing rain here until about 9pm tonight, then snow about 10-12" of snow.

I'm glad I got home when I did with my little one. Hubby is still at work (essential personnel), and will hopefully be home soon. I know there was a reason we got that F250 last spring.

The daughter and I went outside briefly. You can hear the crackling and pinging of the frozen precip as it hits the ground. Its kind of a neat/eerie sound.

Weather Channel is showing Lafayette. Looks horrible.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                              -Sean Payton

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                                We have a blizzard warning up here in Indiana with my campus closing early because apparently we're suppose to get 18 inches tonight.
                                Had our jobsite in Milwaukee shut down because of this beast of a storm. I could deal with the snow, but with winds gusting to 50+, it's just too much to do anything.
                                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                                Adopted By:
                                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                                Broncbeat

Comment

Working...
                                X