No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 and humid here in Raleigh today, but late next week suppose to be coldest temps this season, thanks to Canada....
    sigpic

Comment

• Try this for weather 101 around here you have to know what's coming to be prepared. I live right by Cowboys Stadium and I'm sure all of you have heard the reports of the bad weather well here's what happened. Saturday it was sunny and in the 70's It felt so good as did Sunday, that was beautiful too. Monday got a little colder around mid 50's then that night it got crazy windy and freezing rain came down and when I woke up yesterday morning it was 15 degrees and hard as hell to drive anywhere because all the ice. Today same thing...most of the ice is gone but some streets I'm still ice skating in my car and the highest the temp I saw was 20. Kicker is for the Superbowl (like it matters) its going to be in the late 50's and next week get in the high 60's.
      Welcome to Dallas/Fort Worth weather!!!
      I'm just glad the Superbowl is here now so other people can experience how messed up it gets.
      sigpic
      Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
      You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
      You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
      Have It All - Blu3
      Conceited - Blu3
      Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
      All On You - Blu3

Comment

• And just to add real fast...I know it was from that cold front from Canada but this happens every year regardless of a nationwide cold front. Also nobody was ready...there are blackouts all over the place even the hotel PFT is at blacked out for a short time.
        sigpic
        Sig pic by dbfan2007

You damn right!

Have It All - Blu3
        Conceited - Blu3
        All On You - Blu3

Comment

• Can somebody explain to me how Canada is warmer than Utah and throw in Colorado too?

:doh:

Keep it up there you northern neighbor, polar bear hugging freaks. We love your Shania Twain and Molsen Beer but you can take your sub zeros back.

*armcrosslightthefiresmackacanadiansmileyhere*

Especially for you Dave.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
            Can somebody explain to me how Canada is warmer than Utah and throw in Colorado too?

:doh:

Keep it up there you northern neighbor, polar bear hugging freaks. We love your Shania Twain and Molsen Beer but you can take your sub zeros back.

*armcrosslightthefiresmackacanadiansmileyhere*

Especially for you Dave.
            That's because the High Pressure system that was keeping their temps so low is now stateside.

Blame the jet stream (aka the system mover). Luckily (at least in this instance) Low and High pressure systems tend to move quickly across the US.

One of the reasons we got blasted here in the mid-west was the jetstream dipped all the way down the Texas then up through the Ohio valley.

It's going to be bitter cold here today. Right now Danville is the "hot spot" in central eastern IL at 6 degrees, with wind chill of -3. Occasional gusts of wind will cause the wind chill to dip -20 to -25 degrees.

But it will move out fast, as we expect to warm up to 32 by Saturday. A clipper system will come through and push out this High pressure. The down side is, we'll get more snow, but it won't be much.

I'm sick of the snow. I'm glad Phil didnt see his shadow yesterday. I'm ready for spring.

On a side note: Orlando FL will be 81 degree's tomorrow.
            sigpic
            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
            -Sean Payton

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
              That's because the High Pressure system that was keeping their temps so low is now stateside.

Blame the jet stream (aka the system mover). Luckily (at least in this instance) Low and High pressure systems tend to move quickly across the US.

One of the reasons we got blasted here in the mid-west was the jetstream dipped all the way down the Texas then up through the Ohio valley.

It's going to be bitter cold here today. Right now Danville is the "hot spot" in central eastern IL at 6 degrees, with wind chill of -3. Occasional gusts of wind will cause the wind chill to dip -20 to -25 degrees.

But it will move out fast, as we expect to warm up to 32 by Saturday. A clipper system will come through and push out this High pressure. The down side is, we'll get more snow, but it won't be much.

I'm sick of the snow. I'm glad Phil didnt see his shadow yesterday. I'm ready for spring.

On a side note: Orlando FL will be 81 degree's tomorrow.
              Your background is showing, BFI.

FL is looking pretty appealing, isn't it?

Yesterday, it got up to almost 50. Then dropped down to 25.
              Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• As of 5AM this morning, Hayden & Craig (two towns in NW Colorado) reported MAXIMUM temperatures over the last 24 hours of -11.

My low here was 1 degree warmer, but the windchills were pushing -30.

Here right now: -9 with a -24 windchill... but it is sunny!

I'd post some other lows around the state, but why bother? It's cold as...
                Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  Your background is showing, BFI.

FL is looking pretty appealing, isn't it?

Yesterday, it got up to almost 50. Then dropped down to 25.
                  Yes it is

And...

Yes it is!

It's really strange when you walk around outside here. You walk around on top of the snow and leave no foot prints.

Heck, at this point, 50 sounds great. We havent seen the other side of freezing for quite a while now, and it looks like we won't.

I can't wait to get out of this cold!
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

• South Texas around Austin and Houston seems like good places right now. The jetstream only hit about half of Texas from what the radar showed. It's been icy here for 3 days now and we just got about an inch of snow in the last hour with it coming down all night...I'm a texan I'M NOT COOL WITH THIS! Lol
                    sigpic
                    Sig pic by dbfan2007

You damn right!

Have It All - Blu3
                    Conceited - Blu3
                    All On You - Blu3

Comment

• I keep bumping this image because it updates itself. It's sunny and clear here and 48 but the wind is whipping again pretty strong like.

sigpic

Comment

• Dear Utah,
                        Stop sending us the snow! K thanks!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                        Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                        Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                        Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                        I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                          Dear Utah,
                          Oh i disagree keep it comin powder days make me
                          sigpic
                          photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

Dear Utah,

Dear Sidewalk,
                            Where are you?!?
                            Miss you...
                            Love, Snowshovel.
                            Winter is Coming!

Comment

• I'm ready for sunshine. The overcast days get old after a while. We get a lot of sunshine here, but January is usually an overcast month. The inversions haven' t been as bad this year, but I'm still ready for some sunshine.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Dear Utah,
                                Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post

Dear Sidewalk,
                                Where are you?!?
                                Miss you...
                                Love, Snowshovel.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X