Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian weather

Up here in artic Canada it is 34 degrees and the snow is melting. The sun is shining too.

The weather is odd this year to say the least. This should be our coldest and darkest time right now.
    sigpic

Comment

• Forecast Haiku

What is this I see?
      Fifty degrees next Tuesday?
      Now, where are my shorts?

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
        What is this I see?
        Fifty degrees next Tuesday?
        Now, where are my shorts?

We're around 40 this week, and supposedly going to be hitting 50 on Saturday! :dance:
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• I know it's been pushing 70 in Denver lately, and that there's several days of snow forecasted in the coming days, but these warm days (mid 50s --- 38 degrees this morning when I came to work) have given me just a weeeee bit of Spring Fever.

Anyone else?
          Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Dear God,
            I have enjoyed seeing the miniskirts and women wearing less clothing. Please continue this with the warmer weather,

Thanks,
            John

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
            Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
            Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
            Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
            I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

I know it's been pushing 70 in Denver lately, and that there's several days of snow forecasted in the coming days, but these warm days (mid 50s --- 38 degrees this morning when I came to work) have given me just a weeeee bit of Spring Fever.

Anyone else?
              Absolutely! Started raking and cleaning out the flower beds. The iris bulbs are starting to poke out already.

I have a tad more to do and wanted to get it done before this next snow storm hits but the wind today is ridiculous! Seeing where the front is right now, you are probably pretty windy too. We are sustained at 28mph with gusts hitting 40.

It's trying to blow over our fence. The middle section is leaning over and these poles are 2' deep. Was just out there trying to figure out a way to brace it more but I'm failing.

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
              Dear God,
              I have enjoyed seeing the miniskirts and women wearing less clothing. Please continue this with the warmer weather,

Thanks,
              John
              Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 02-16-2011, 01:28 PM.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• It's official. The fence finally went down. These gusts were hitting near 60 from what I'm told and I believe. One literally knocked me on my ass.

sigpic

Comment

• There were recorded gusts yesterday that hit 85mph.

The wind continues but not quite as bad. More of the fence is coming down.

sigpic

Comment

• Wow! Sorry about your fence. Are those metal poles? If so, I imagine they're bent now... dang!

Kind of defeats the purpose of a privacy fence, but you might have to remove a few planks or space them farther apart to allow for better flow next time.

We've had sustained wins of 20+ with gusts to 40 here in the valley for the last day, but nothing like that. I just checked with some of the local mountain stations that typically get hammered by the wind during these kinds of storms. Telluride had a 63mph gust, but a station near Crested Butte had a 105mph one. Yikes...

I hate the wind. And, for those of us that live in the West, we know that Spring is also called Wind Season.... sigh...
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Wow! Sorry about your fence. Are those metal poles? If so, I imagine they're bent now... dang!

Kind of defeats the purpose of a privacy fence, but you might have to remove a few planks or space them farther apart to allow for better flow next time.

We've had sustained wins of 20+ with gusts to 40 here in the valley for the last day, but nothing like that. I just checked with some of the local mountain stations that typically get hammered by the wind during these kinds of storms. Telluride had a 63mph gust, but a station near Crested Butte had a 105mph one. Yikes...

I hate the wind. And, for those of us that live in the West, we know that Spring is also called Wind Season.... sigh...
                      Yes they are metal but the poles did not bend. They were uprooted.

Cemented down 2' and the ground gave way around the cement. We had used about 1' of fill dirt along that area to level it out and as dry as it was, the wind just teetered the fence back and forth and worked them loose. Crazy. I was monitoring it all day and there really wasn't anything I could do to prevent it.

More of it has to be removed now. We're going to use 6" square wood and go 4' deep for repairs. That won't be happening for a couple of months now. Once it gets spring like.

Yeah... I hate the wind and as much as we get here, you never get used to days like yesterday. Utah took quite a bit of damage yesterday. Up near SLC, a semi was blown into the lake on it's side! That made Weather Channel news this morning. A company that does billboards for over 50 years had one of their newer ones bend at the base. That was an amazing sight. Trees came down all over the place and one family lost a HUGE pine. When it fell, it missed the house and their cars. Lucky for them. Also in SLC over 20K were without power due to power lines down. This morning they still had about 1000 people to go with the repairs of that.

Just plain crazy!

sigpic

Comment

• Alrighty.......I have had enough of this winter wonderland already...and more snow on the way,

Still trying to win the lottery so I can move.

Comment

• We're smack in the middle of that blue area in south west Utah. We've already got about 6" out there, it's still snowing like hell and we should have over a foot when it's done tomorrow night. They actually mentioned our little town on the Weather Channel this morning.

Somebody slid in the ditch out in front of our house earlier.
                          Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 02-26-2011, 09:26 PM.

sigpic

Comment

• Shoveling these heavy wet spring time snows really is a drag.

sigpic

Comment

• Good Grief!

We've had sustained winds in the 30 mph range for 4 days and 3 nights straight without relief. It's crazy. Who knows how high the gusts have been hitting. At least today it's dropped into the 20 mph range. It was really howling last night.

We're dropping into the lower 20's tonight and with this wind blowing, it's going to be cold! It feels cold outside right now sitting at 39 with windchill.

It's cold, windy and snowy. Sure doesn't feel like spring.

Meanwhile, the south is in the 70's and 80's and the upper Midwest is under water. There goes that Red River again.
                              Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 03-21-2011, 04:55 PM.

sigpic

Comment

• Thunderstorm!

Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X