Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else in a heat wave?

Up here in Canada, we are into a stretch of hot weather, and the word is, it could be above normal until September. Although where I live we seldom hit 100, it looks like we will come close on Tuesday.

(I guess I can't complain, Bagdad is hitting mid 120s lately!!!)

Comment

• Been pretty darn steamy..... ...hate the humidity.

Comment

• YAY!!! We are in the 23rd consecutive day of 100 degree heat here. If we get to 25 it'll tie the 3rd most for this area and if we can hit 29 it'll be the second most we've had for this area. God forbid we get the record which right now stands at 63 days. Nice summer to have a non drivable car...YAY!
        sigpic
        Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
        You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
        You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
        Have It All - Blu3
        Conceited - Blu3
        Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
        All On You - Blu3

Comment

• Originally posted by Foez View Post
          YAY!!! We are in the 23rd consecutive day of 100 degree heat here. If we get to 25 it'll tie the 3rd most for this area and if we can hit 29 it'll be the second most we've had for this area. God forbid we get the record which right now stands at 63 days. Nice summer to have a non drivable car...YAY!
          I watch the weather channel all the time and damn. You guys have been baking for a VERY long time. Texas so needs some rain and BAD!

We have some thunder boomers rolling through right now. And yes... My modem is on surge protection now.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
            I watch the weather channel all the time and damn. You guys have been baking for a VERY long time. Texas so needs some rain and BAD!

We have some thunder boomers rolling through right now. And yes... My modem is on surge protection now.
            Yeah we have been needing some rain. Its funny because I was running the other day and by an elementry school someone wrote with chalk "pray for rain" lol. This is the 2nd hotest summer I've lived through. I like it.
            sigpic
            Sig pic by dbfan2007

You damn right!

Have It All - Blu3
            Conceited - Blu3
            All On You - Blu3

Comment

• I was golfing...and it started to rain so I was like oh noez....then it stopped and I was like yay!

That's my weather update!
              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• the heat isn't the problem, it's always the humidty

last thursday up here near montreal, the heat was only 33 which ain't all that bad (like a 92 in Fahrenheit or whatever) but the humidex made it go to 45! (113)

it was literally like breathing in heat

sucked so bad.

luckily it's been much better since
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                  the heat isn't the problem, it's always the humidty

last thursday up here near montreal, the heat was only 33 which ain't all that bad (like a 92 in Fahrenheit or whatever) but the humidex made it go to 45! (113)

sucked so bad.

I didn't know you were in Canada. Has CanDB found you, yet?

We took a few days of vacation (to the beach). Thunderstorms every day. Tornado warning last night. It was great!

What wasn't great was the heat. Sand hot enough to burn. And a lot of jelly fish.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                    the heat isn't the problem, it's always the humidty

sucked so bad.

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    I didn't know you were in Canada. Has CanDB found you, yet?

We took a few days of vacation (to the beach). Thunderstorms every day. Tornado warning last night. It was great!

What wasn't great was the heat. Sand hot enough to burn. And a lot of jelly fish.
                    Yo Canada!

I'm aware of the Montreal connection.......classic City.......

And yes, that heatwave we had last week moved almost straight east.....we were at 47 Celsius (humidex), my daughter in Toronto hit 49 two days later and I'm pretty sure Montreal got hit on the same day....I think it hit 50 C in Windsor (which is 122 Fahrenheit!!).

I guarantee everyone that most of Canada's snow is gone!!!

Comment

• We had some really intense thunderstorms with lots of rain earlier this week which is unusual for us. I mean, we get them, but not with the water content like those had.

We got a break for a couple of days but the monsoon flow is returning tomorrow. With Trop Storm Don hitting Texas any hour now and a projected path across Mexico, that moisture will be heading our way.

Could get interesting around here next week.

sigpic

Comment

• Update on the North Texas heat wave. Today was the 28th consecutive day of 100 degree weather and the heat wave I read is causing blackouts throughout Dallas now. If it hits 100 tomorrow (which it will) that will tie the 2nd longest streak for the area which was in 1998. Once again god forbid we get the longest streak (which is possible) which is currently at 42 straight days set in 1980.
                        sigpic
                        Sig pic by dbfan2007

You damn right!

Have It All - Blu3
                        Conceited - Blu3
                        All On You - Blu3

Comment

• Originally posted by Foez View Post
                          Update on the North Texas heat wave. Today was the 28th consecutive day of 100 degree weather and the heat wave I read is causing blackouts throughout Dallas now. If it hits 100 tomorrow (which it will) that will tie the 2nd longest streak for the area which was in 1998. Once again god forbid we get the longest streak (which is possible) which is currently at 42 straight days set in 1980.
                          yikes!!!! how do you keep things green? (or do you even bother to try?)

what about house foundations......aren't they in some danger, if there is so much heat and not enough precipitation (assuming there hasn't been)?

Comment

• I typically check out the summer temps in Baghdad, and tomorrow it's forecast to hit 54 Celsius, which is at least 129 Fahrenheit!!!!!!

NUTS!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: Baghdad expected to reach 55 C tomorrow or 131 F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by CanDB; 07-30-2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Trop Storm Don turned out to be a flop and now it's practically gone. No threat of moisture at all.

All that Texas heat must of sucked all the water out of it. Evaporated into nothing.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                yikes!!!! how do you keep things green? (or do you even bother to try?)

what about house foundations......aren't they in some danger, if there is so much heat and not enough precipitation (assuming there hasn't been)?
                                A lot of people have sprinklers but the cities always limit water usage. I'm not sure about foundation although I should look into that.
                                sigpic
                                Sig pic by dbfan2007

You damn right!

Have It All - Blu3
                                Conceited - Blu3
                                All On You - Blu3

Comment

Working...
                                X