Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
    The house we sold this past Jan had water up to the eaves and it was like that in the whole area where we lived (and according to FEMA the house was800' from a flood zone and 1 out of 10 had flood insurance but this was a rarity as far as flooding goes). A friend of ours sent us a photo of the house and it was gutted out which I assume all the houses are like that, unless deemed lost then they're torn down.

It's a rebuilding phase now but it's to get workers.....lack of housing for workers. Minot was a great place and I was hesitate to leave but Alaska so far has been good. Cost of living is something to get use to though.
    I feel really bad for those folks, and those who were affected north of your border (into Canada)......worst flooding we've seen in the southwest part of our province.

I remember having a really good time curling in an event there (Minot), many years ago. Met some nice people.

Comment

• OK, so I spent this last week working in the Twin Cities area, and on Tuesday night the area got doused with 3 1/4 inches of rain in a little over 2 hours.

We had walked across the parking lot to go to the sports bar next door to watch the Brewer game, and wound up getting stranded there.

They had volleyball leagues that night and since it wasn't lightning at the time, they kept playing through the rain. At the end of the night, it kind of turned into one big wet T-shirt contest.
      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
      Adopted By:
      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
      Broncbeat

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
        We had walked across the parking lot to go to the sports bar next door to watch the Brewer game, and wound up getting stranded there.

They had volleyball leagues that night and since it wasn't lightning at the time, they kept playing through the rain. At the end of the night, it kind of turned into one big wet T-shirt contest.

Comment

• It was a big dust storm in Phoenix,Arizona i never seen one that big, wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
            It was a big dust storm in Phoenix,Arizona i never seen one that big, wow!
            I saw a picture of that on our news last night.

They are telling us that it will be the hottest week yet this summer coming up. For us, that means hitting mid 90's. The monsoon flows have kept things reasonably mild for over a month now and it's back for a couple of days ending Sunday.

I can't believe it's already mid August and how fast this summer is whipping by.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Man, we just got slammed. Huge thunderstorms. Hail.

I'm mad. We spent $13,000 on french drains less than 2 years ago and our basement floods. Phone calls are going to be made Monday.
              Administrator
              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• All of you getting slammed by those storms need to bring some of that rain this way. There was that one day of about an hour of drizzle and since then once again all over 100 degree days (107 today). Someone tell the rain gods to bring it here!
                sigpic
                Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                Have It All - Blu3
                Conceited - Blu3
                Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                All On You - Blu3

Comment

• Fortunately for us, we got a rather quick but decisive rain last night.........FINALLY!

It rained approximately as much in less than hour last night as it did from July right thru until yesterday........just under an inch.

It was so dry that evidence of the short but heavy downpour was mostly gone by the time the morning came........ah, but the earth and the plants and the grass all knew about it.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Foez View Post
                    All of you getting slammed by those storms need to bring some of that rain this way. There was that one day of about an hour of drizzle and since then once again all over 100 degree days (107 today). Someone tell the rain gods to bring it here!
                    You want a nice steady drizzle, not these storms. It would flash flood. I do pray for rain for you all. I've been through droughts/heat before. Not fun.

Neighbors 2 houses down called the fire department to pump out their basement. 3 feet of water. Trees down, damaging houses. About 3,000 without power in our county. Our little town got hit hard.
                    Administrator
                    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      You want a nice steady drizzle, not these storms. It would flash flood. I do pray for rain for you all. I've been through droughts/heat before. Not fun.

Neighbors 2 houses down called the fire department to pump out their basement. 3 feet of water. Trees down, damaging houses. About 3,000 without power in our county. Our little town got hit hard.
                      Yeah, we really need some rain around here but not quite like that. I hope everybody around you made it through all that safe.
                      sigpic
                      Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                      You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                      You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                      Have It All - Blu3
                      Conceited - Blu3
                      Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                      All On You - Blu3

Comment

Man, we just got slammed. Huge thunderstorms. Hail.

I'm mad. We spent $13,000 on french drains less than 2 years ago and our basement floods. Phone calls are going to be made Monday.
                        What are french drains?

sigpic

Comment

Man, we just got slammed. Huge thunderstorms. Hail.

Make sure you get the drywall and carpet out....that's what I do for a living, so please don't hesitate to ask for advice if you guys don't want to pay for a restoration contractor....ok?
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                            What are french drains?
                            Drains made in France duh! Why do you think it was worth $13,000?

I'd like to know too..

Comment

What are french drains?
                              Apparently they are drains that just give up when the going gets tough, hence they get stuck with the French moniker.

sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                              Adopted By:
                              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                              Broncbeat

Comment

What are french drains?
                                Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                                Drains made in France duh! Why do you think it was worth $13,000?

I'd like to know too..
                                Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                                Apparently they are drains that just give up when the going gets tough, hence they get stuck with the French moniker.

Poor Peanut. Here she is suffering and you monkeys are making jokes.

That did make me bust out loud though.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X