Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Indian Summer type temps, would like to bottle it and keep it all year.

    Comment


    • Good god it's supposed to be over 100 again for the next 3 days :brick: :brick:

      WHEN WILL IT END?!?!?!?

      Comment


      • Hmmm... okay. So, here we go...



        Not sure if or .

        I'm ready, but not really.
        Winter is Coming!

        Comment


        • Weather becoming much nicer now

          Tuesday: Sunny, 90-62
          Wednesday: Sunny, 90-66
          Thursday: Sunny, 93-70
          Friday: Sunny, 90-70
          Saturday: Thunderstorms, 89-70
          Sunday: Thunderstorms, 88-66

          WOOOT!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
            Hmmm... okay. So, here we go...



            Not sure if or .

            I'm ready, but not really.
            That sounds awesome!

            Comment


            • Amazing weather for us.......

              I'm working at our Zoo this afternoon (as a volunteer) and it's going to be around 27 C or about 81 F.......beautiful weather for October!!!!!!!

              So neat, going to see our new baby Bengal Tigers, who were just let out for the public to see this week!!!!

              In two years, I want you folks to think about visiting Winnipeg......by then our Zoo will include a brand new, world class Polar Bear section. We also have an International Human Rights Museum opening before that....

              I can give you a lot of other reasons to come.....:thumb:

              Comment


              • The weather has finally broke!!

                *insert skies parting and angels singing "Hallelujah" here*

                Yesterday I dont even think it broke 90 and today is supposed to be the same. Not only that theres been a nice cool breeze and its been rainy.

                Bout friggin time.
                Last edited by HurricaneDovs; 10-05-2011, 11:26 AM.
                LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Amazing weather for us.......

                  I'm working at our Zoo this afternoon (as a volunteer) and it's going to be around 27 C or about 81 F.......beautiful weather for October!!!!!!!

                  So neat, going to see our new baby Bengal Tigers, who were just let out for the public to see this week!!!!

                  In two years, I want you folks to think about visiting Winnipeg......by then our Zoo will include a brand new, world class Polar Bear section. We also have an International Human Rights Museum opening before that....

                  I can give you a lot of other reasons to come.....:thumb:
                  Beautiful day though windy (but no biggee)....actually broke the record, by hitting 31 C or about 88 F......for the great white north in October, this is crazy good!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Beautiful day though windy (but no biggee)....actually broke the record, by hitting 31 C or about 88 F......for the great white north in October, this is crazy good!!!!!
                    Surprisingly it was about the same here in Texas. We might have hit in the 90's but for how this summer has been it felt GLORIOUS!!! Around here even though we didn't beat the record for most consecutive days over 100 we did break the record of most days in the year over 100 set back in 1980.

                    Number of Consecutive Days of 100 or higher in 2011: 40
                    Consecutive Days Over 100 in 1980: 42.

                    Number of Days of 100 degrees or higher in DFW in 2011: 70
                    Days over 100 Degrees in 1980: 69

                    Is it sad that I'm actually proud of that?
                    sigpic
                    Sig pic by dbfan2007

                    Originally posted by kishzilla
                    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                    You damn right!

                    Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                    Have It All - Blu3
                    Conceited - Blu3
                    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                    All On You - Blu3

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Foez View Post
                      Surprisingly it was about the same here in Texas. We might have hit in the 90's but for how this summer has been it felt GLORIOUS!!! Around here even though we didn't beat the record for most consecutive days over 100 we did break the record of most days in the year over 100 set back in 1980.

                      Number of Consecutive Days of 100 or higher in 2011: 40
                      Consecutive Days Over 100 in 1980: 42.

                      Number of Days of 100 degrees or higher in DFW in 2011: 70
                      Days over 100 Degrees in 1980: 69

                      Is it sad that I'm actually proud of that?
                      I don't know how you deal with that much heat......but the beer sure must go down easy....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Foez View Post
                        Surprisingly it was about the same here in Texas. We might have hit in the 90's but for how this summer has been it felt GLORIOUS!!! Around here even though we didn't beat the record for most consecutive days over 100 we did break the record of most days in the year over 100 set back in 1980.

                        Number of Consecutive Days of 100 or higher in 2011: 40
                        Consecutive Days Over 100 in 1980: 42.

                        Number of Days of 100 degrees or higher in DFW in 2011: 70
                        Days over 100 Degrees in 1980: 69

                        Is it sad that I'm actually proud of that?
                        I live in Austin and similar records were broken here as well. It's been a brutal summer. I'm loving this 90 degree weather

                        Comment


                        • ...lows down into the 20s!?!? Great! I was planning on winterizing the swamp cooler, etc. this weekend. Looks like I'll be doing it tonight after work instead.


                          Freeze Warning
                          URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
                          NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAND JUNCTION CO
                          128 PM MDT THU OCT 6 2011

                          ...FREEZING TEMPERATURES EXPECTED TONIGHT AND POSSIBLY AGAIN
                          FRIDAY NIGHT...

                          .AN UNSEASONABLY COLD TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL BRING MUCH
                          COLDER AIR INTO THE REGION TONIGHT. THIS WILL CAUSE FREEZING
                          TEMPERATURES ACROSS MANY OF THE LOWER VALLEYS IN WESTERN COLORADO
                          BY EARLY FRIDAY MORNING. THE COLDEST AIR WILL BE IN PLACE FRIDAY
                          NIGHT...WHEN OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES COULD DROP INTO THE 20S AND
                          CAUSE A HARD FREEZE.
                          Winter is Coming!

                          Comment


                          • Yeah, it's just blowing here pretty hard, but I think it's time to go clear out the sprinkler system.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              I don't know how you deal with that much heat......but the beer sure must go down easy....

                              Oh yeah, it's been nice when I crack a coldie this summer. Sooo good!

                              Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                              I live in Austin and similar records were broken here as well. It's been a brutal summer. I'm loving this 90 degree weather
                              Hell yeah, we feel about the same. 90 degree weather is like heaven! Right now it's 87 and it feels sooooo good outside, I can't wait to play in my softball game later.
                              sigpic
                              Sig pic by dbfan2007

                              Originally posted by kishzilla
                              You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                              You damn right!

                              Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                              Have It All - Blu3
                              Conceited - Blu3
                              Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                              All On You - Blu3

                              Comment


                              • OK... This winter thing is not working for me in October.

                                Had to work outside today in on and off again snow all day. Wind, cold, wet. It is dropping down to mid 20's tonight.

                                Good news is, it's going to warm up after this storm gets out of here tomorrow night.
                                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X