Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    it had been like that up until a few days ago. literally no snow.. and above zero. and then one evening. Boom 15 cm over night another 15 during the day and cold. haha so so so cold.

Well, I guess I know what to expect. Thanks!
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon Member #12

Comment

• Originally posted by Louich View Post
      Meh...I'd rather do renovations on the house than shoveling snow. After the historical winter of 2008 (?) I am alergic to snow so much I'd buy gallons of napalm just to see it melt in a painfull way lol
      I picture some guy in a nordiques jersey standing outside delivering the speece from apocalypse now " I love the smell of napalm in the morning "

also it's not so much the snow I dislike... it is the cold.. and having to wear socks. I really hate socks

Comment

I picture some guy in a nordiques jersey standing outside delivering the speece from apocalypse now " I love the smell of napalm in the morning "

You hed me laughing all alone in the cubicule ! just add on the top of a burning snow mount and you got my caricatural personification there !
        :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
        -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

• and just cause I feel like complaining.
          It is currently -40 (47 with the wind chill) and will dip down below -50... FREAKIN -50!!!! (thats like -58 Fahrenheit) I am not going outside.

Comment

and just cause I feel like complaining.
            It is currently -40 (47 with the wind chill) and will dip down below -50... FREAKIN -50!!!! (thats like -58 Fahrenheit) I am not going outside.
            Geez bud.....you make me cold.....our windchill today barely hit -40!!

Talk about NUMB AND NUMB-ER!!!!!!

For those who don't undersand Celsius, all's well.......because -40 in Celsius is the same temperature in Fahrenheit....
            Last edited by CanDB; 01-17-2012, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• yeah ... apparently we are paying for all the soft weather we have had thus far.

Comment

and just cause I feel like complaining.
                Wow... now that's just ridiculous! I hate it when it dips below 0 so I be complaining too!

-50... lol... that's freaking cold man
                Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon Member #12

Comment

• at least there are no mosquitoes

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Geez bud.....you make me cold.....our windchill today barely hit -40!!

Talk about NUMB AND NUMB-ER!!!!!!

For those who don't undersand Celsius, all's well.......because -40 in Celsius is the same temperature in Fahrenheit....
                    Really they are the same? Weird, and damn thats cold!

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieElway7 View Post
                      Really they are the same? Weird, and damn thats cold!
                      Yes it is Katie......

We canucks often do Celsus/Fahrenheit conversions in our heads. But at least this is one temperature we can all understand without thinking too hard. Then again, most of the US is probably unlikely to see temps that low......but as Remedy states, we do occasionally experience windchills that are really numbing.....-50s for sure. That stuff sucks!!!

It was interesting growing up in a Fahrenheit world, along with all the other measurements that the US lives by......and then finding out we were switching to metrics. Even though that was a long time ago, I still am confortable with Fahrenheit. If someone says it's 78 degrees F, I know exactly what that is......on the other hand, I am better at Celsius when it gets cold. Somewhere along the line I got good at one and stayed good at the other.

I am also better at measuring things the way you do....ie. inches/feet/yards/miles.....but have adapted to all the forms of metres (ie. centimetres/kilometres). Again, there are usually some quick and easy conversion formula for it all.

So it's been a strange way of operating......

Sorry for digressing.

I could go on to talk about the old debate about whether or not our cars "experience" temperature or the windchill......the wind does take the heat away from objects, but the temperature pretty much dictates if we need to plug in our cars or not. PLUGGING IN.....hmmmmm.......more of a Canadian problem, other than Alaska and some of the northern States (I assume).
                      Last edited by CanDB; 01-17-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• I dont know a single person who uses Kilos to weigh themselves.
                        It is all still imperial.

Most of my trades friends still use imperial too which is odd.

Temperature though yeeep Metric is used. such an odd thing.

Comment

I dont know a single person who uses Kilos to weigh themselves.
                          It is all still imperial.

Most of my trades friends still use imperial too which is odd.

Temperature though yeeep Metric is used. such an odd thing.
                          Yah....I measure myself in pounds, feet/inches, and so on.

If I had my way, we would have left things alone way back when.....

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Yah....I measure myself in pounds, feet/inches, and so on.

If I had my way, we would have left things alone way back when.....
                            I agree.. but Trudeau had to do his 'thing'... but I don't want to get into what I think of him. at least not in this thread. haha

Comment

• Good view of the river from today.

Comment

• Ah winter ! (man, -50 is very very cold)

As for the side subject I too am pretty confy with the conversion it onley the celcius vs farenheit that I have a diifucul time swithinc from one to an other.

Here we had a baby snow strom last night. Only 25 cm/ (about 10 inches) dropped on the city and now all the sissys closed the schools for today!
                                :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
                                -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Working...
                                X