Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The northeast is windy, and the cold has returned.

    Sadly.....Wildfires in Jefferson county CO.

    http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=4269

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
      The northeast is windy, and the cold has returned.

      Sadly.....Wildfires in Jefferson county CO.

      http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=4269
      Update to the fires in Colorado, mainly the huge 200+ acre monster that is burning SW of Denver in Jefferson CO. Reports of ash falling as far north as downtown Denver.

      A wildfire erupted amid dry, windy weather in Colorado on Monday and quickly spread to at least 200 acres, prompting authorities to evacuate 374 homes in the mountains southwest of Denver.

      Up to a dozen smaller fires were reported from the northeast Colorado plains to the southern part of the state. There were no immediate reports of injuries or structures burned by any of the fires.

      The 200-acre fire was about 25 miles southwest of Denver. Shelters were set up in two high schools and the Red Cross said it was preparing to send cots and blankets.

      The National Weather Service said sustained winds of up to 40 mph hit the fire area with gusts up to 55 mph, but they began to die down after sunset.

      "But it's so dry out there now that even a 15- to 20-mph wind is going to spread the fire," said weather service meteorologist Bob Kleyla.

      Billows of smoke were visible from downtown Denver. Kleyla said weather radar showed the smoke plume had drifted about 100 miles to the northeast by nightfall, and state health officials warned smoke could linger and affect air quality until Tuesday afternoon.
      sigpic
      2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

      Comment


      • I heard it was from a controlled burn by the US Forrest Service that got out of hand.
        sigpic

        Hooray, beer!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          I heard it was from a controlled burn by the US Forrest Service that got out of hand.
          Yes, that's what the news stations are reporting....

          The second fire in Jefferson County, The #SawMillFire, started as a grass fire.

          Another fire is burning just west of Loveland and is 50% contained.

          sucks....
          sigpic
          2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

          Comment


          • Forest not forrest lol
            sigpic

            Hooray, beer!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              Forest not forrest lol


              lol
              sigpic
              2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

              Comment




              • This is the off-ramp from 25/225 going towards DTC boulevard.

                Pretty smoky. We had ash raining on us at the stop light too.
                sigpic

                Hooray, beer!

                Comment


                • I'm clear over in Aurora and it's so smoky it made my throat hurt! I can even smell the smoke from inside my house.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
                    I'm clear over in Aurora and it's so smoky it made my throat hurt! I can even smell the smoke from inside my house.
                    I'm even further east (not by much though) and it was really thick here too and I could smell it too... love the smell but hate the cause.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                    sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

                    Comment


                    • Yeah, it may be a very long fire season this year. Sigh.

                      Comment


                      • sigpic

                        Hooray, beer!

                        Comment


                        • Yikes....looks like my neighbours to the West, in Saskatchewan, and in parts of my own Manitoba are up for a winter storm. Crazy stuff, after having such early spring like weather early in March.

                          Hope the amounts are less than forecast.......

                          Comment


                          • we will see it's cold but doesnt feel like snow yet.. though we are due at least one more 'spring snow'

                            if it does snow though I certainly hope its not the amount forecast.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Yikes....looks like my neighbours to the West, in Saskatchewan, and in parts of my own Manitoba are up for a winter storm. Crazy stuff, after having such early spring like weather early in March.

                              Hope the amounts are less than forecast.......
                              The weather hasn't been too too bad so far, lots of rain, thunder and lightning, but the worst hasn't come yet as far as I know, expect late saturday- early sunday for things to really start hitting us. Reports of pretty good hailstorms have been reported around my neck of the woods also. My friend's brand new camaro 2ss took a beating, on my mobile, no pics, but it was badddd. Felt sorry for him, he was at work and called his wife to put it in the garage, she said "yup! Can do!" And then proceeded with the laundry, forgetting the car before it was much too late. So sad..
                              Here's hoping Champ gets into the Hall First Ballot. He deserves it!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by raziel View Post
                                The weather hasn't been too too bad so far, lots of rain, thunder and lightning, but the worst hasn't come yet as far as I know, expect late saturday- early sunday for things to really start hitting us. Reports of pretty good hailstorms have been reported around my neck of the woods also. My friend's brand new camaro 2ss took a beating, on my mobile, no pics, but it was badddd. Felt sorry for him, he was at work and called his wife to put it in the garage, she said "yup! Can do!" And then proceeded with the laundry, forgetting the car before it was much too late. So sad..
                                are you good?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X