No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some snow last night and morning, not too bad where I live, still waiting for the worst of it.
    Here's hoping Champ gets into the Hall First Ballot. He deserves it!

Comment

• Cloudy, staying in the single digit temps here. Winter just wants to hang on.

Very Bleh!!
      sigpic

Comment

• is that picture of a forest fire??

Super-beautiful slightly chilly 50 degrees here in PA. Getting the quads out to work on them later

Comment

• This is a bit off course.....but my Wife and I share a common weather memory, even before we met. It was in the month April. She had a special memory and I sort of did as well.....mine had to do with our first baseball practice on a good team back in 1980, that eventually got us to the provincial finals, and for some of us, other opportunities.

Anyway, we had mentioned our different stories once upon a time, and threw in something about how hot it was for that time of year (I guess my story was only eventful because of how hot it was! Boring!!!). It broke a couple of records here. Ironically, after talking about it a couple more times, we checked the weather details:paper:, and sure enough, both little events happened on the same day. What was also ironic, was that a different young lady and I were supposed to have gone to the Bahamas that week....but we split just before......in any case, it would have been hotter here than there for a couple of days at least. That would have sucked a bit!! Splitting up wasn't such a bad thing though.....

Anyway......this is a case where two stories were melded together by the weather. Had it not been hot, no story....no link....then again

NO BIGGEE!

Comment

• Should've known it was too early to get the deck furniture out

Damn you PA.

Comment

• Mother Nature just wants you to get in the hockey spirit...

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                Mother Nature just wants you to get in the hockey spirit...
                Indeed. TONIGHT is fight night.

Comment

• It's that time of year in Colorado.....

sigpic
                  2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

• Stay safe in Kansas!

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=5309

Weather spotter reports

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=7421
                    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 04-14-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• http://fox4kc.com/2012/04/14/picture...salina-kansas/

Less than five miles from me, it lifted back up into the air right before it crossed over to the road surrounding our town....
                      sigpic

Comment

• Wow that's crazy the way those people in that picture just stood there and watched....reminded me of that old Helen Hunt/Bill Paxton flick "Twister."

Here in Denver:

DENVER (CBS4) - A fast-moving storm system is tracking from the Four Corners area across the state toward eastern Colorado and Western Kansas for Sunday morning. This spring storm system will drop lots of wet snow in the mountains and rain mixed with snow across the eastern plains through Sunday.

For the Denver metro area rain will be mixing with and changing to snow overnight Saturday into Sunday with some areas picking up around an inch on grassy areas in the metro area. Some foothill areas may pick up around 4 to 8 inches.

Most of the heavier snow will be flying in the mountains of Summit County up into Rocky Mountain National Park and over into the western mountains. At this point there is a Winter Storm Warning for all of the western mountains of the state through Monday morning for 6 to 12 inches of snow. From Summit County up into Winter Park there is a Winter Weather Advisory for 4 to 10 inches of snow through Sunday night.

There maybe a few mountain snow showers and rain on the plains for Monday morning and then conditions will clear out and warm up by Tuesday.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Weather In Your Neck of the Woods?

I was looking for the weather thread but did not see it.....must've been deleted during spring cleaning?

Since I lived in Florida for 30 years, I always keep tabs on the Atlantic Hurricane Season. This year is starting off with a bang: 2 named storms BEFORE the season officially kicks off on June 1st.

The current storm, Beryl, has gone from sub-tropical to tropical and is picking up wind strength and speed. At mid-afternoon Sunday, the center of Tropical Storm Beryl was located about 110 miles east of Jacksonville, Florida. Maximum sustained winds are now 65 mph, with higher gusts to near hurricane-force.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/US.NOAA....caneCenter.gov

sigpic

Comment

• In my area of Western Colorado we have been experiencing high winds. It blew down my fence yesterday. Gusts have been in the 60 MPH range. Can't wait for it to remain calm so I can put it back up.
                            Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 16milehigh87 View Post
                              In my area of Western Colorado we have been experiencing high winds. It blew down my fence yesterday. Gusts have been in the 60 MPH range. Can't wait for it to remain calm so I can put it back up.
                              The winds have died down but yesterday afternoon they were insane. According to FOX 31-KDVR a passenger on board the historic Georgetown Loop Railroad was injured Saturday when strong winds uprooted a tree, causing it to fall onto the tourist train.

According to a History Colorado representative, a “portion of the dislodged tree struck a single passenger riding in one of the train’s open-air cars.”

http://kdvr.com/2012/05/26/georgetow...-falling-tree/
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
                                The winds have died down but yesterday afternoon they were insane. According to FOX 31-KDVR a passenger on board the historic Georgetown Loop Railroad was injured Saturday when strong winds uprooted a tree, causing it to fall onto the tourist train.

According to a History Colorado representative, a “portion of the dislodged tree struck a single passenger riding in one of the train’s open-air cars.”

http://kdvr.com/2012/05/26/georgetow...-falling-tree/
                                We're going to Disney World in August. Hopefully, no bad storms during that time. Think there's a chance of cool, dry weather then? I really dislike hot and humid. It was the only time frame we had.
                                Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X